ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

Give credit where it’s due. krunkel is the only one who showed up for Xavier today

How has that little bitch not fouled out yet??

If Texas plays defense like it has the first 3 games of the tournament they’ll beat Miami and honestly they’ll do it fairly easily.

Reactions: outhereincali
I don't think we wanna use "hurricanes " and "cotton" in a message

Still too soon. Nightmares
Yes, geez what year was that cotton bowl debacle? All I remember is “we’re back” and then simply got our ass handed to us by a bunch of Miami’s thugs only to be recorded in history in the Netflix “The U” documentary.

• Sad
Reactions: freeper
What if I told you that during the season, with Beard as coach- Texas would finish #7 in the polls.

What if I told you, with Beard as coach, Texas would beat Kansas twice- once for the Big XII championship tourney.

What if I told you, with Beard as coach, that Texas would live up to its #7 ranking by making it to the elite 8.

What if I told you, with Beard as coach, that Texas would be the highest ranked team left in the tourney when they reached the round of 8.

And what if I told you that Texas had already played and beaten both #3 seeds and number 6 seed left in the tourney....

What would you say?

What if I told you that during the season, with Beard as coach- Texas would finish #7 in the polls.

What if I told you, with Beard as coach, Texas would beat Kansas twice- once for the Big XII championship tourney.

What if I told you, with Beard as coach, that Texas would live up to its #7 ranking by making it to the elite 8.

What if I told you, with Beard as coach, that Texas would be the highest ranked team left in the tourney when they reached the round of 8.

And what if I told you that Texas had already played and beaten both #3 seeds and number 6 seed left in the tourney....

What would you say?
I would say Chris Beard is a hell of a coach and deserves a raise and extension.

I would say Chris Beard is a hell of a coach and deserves a raise and extension.
But Chris Beard isn't here to continue recruiting.
And kids at home know that RT is winning with Chris Beard's kids.
Texas is about to find itself in a VERY difficult situation.

Reactions: diadevic
ME TOO!!! The only cure for liberal policy is more liberal policy.

This is about to get juicy. As I stated b4, The Oak View Private Equity firm is in on this deal. They are guaranteed a return. We don't know what it is but it's agreed upon privately. Enter the woke meeeee too movement and viola, we have problems. Back in the day, this would have never made the paper. It would have been brushed aside for the greater good. The Oak View group is now looking at 5% in T bills while their investment has taken on some serious risk. This gonna be good.

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Last edited:
I’m on the side where there have already been discussions and he is going to lose the interim tag. He has already proven he can recruit and commits (2 5*’s) are still coming. At this point it’s either B Donovan or RT. He’s held this team together (it could have easily nosedived) and he’s proven himself during this tournament.

RT’s price tag is going up with each tournament win. I really hope CDC and RT have already privately agreed that he’s going to be the coach. Just waiting to announce it until the season ends. When I hear RT speak, he sounds like someone who knows he’s got the job. I’m also not hearing any leaks about other coaches showing interest so that could mean that everyone knows the job belongs to RT. However, until he actually signs an agreement, he’s still available for another program to give him a wild offer for some serious FU money.

Win or lose tomorrow, they should announce something early next week to quell any speculation. If we aren’t able to retain him, that would be a huge embarrassment and a major step backwards for the program.

that's uhhhhh... pretty bold prediction, buddy
And this is why Pawpaw shouldn’t be allowed to babysit a 5 year old grandkid by himself. I meant to type the winner should be in the finals. Unfortunately I was trying to explain the path for his favorite team while also trying to get him to stay in bed.
At least it was a good laugh for everybody.

Rodney Terry was the primary recruiter for a lot of these kids on the roster right now. If there’s one thing he’s good at then that’s the recruiting part of it.

I was never on the RT wagon to hire him permanently but I think he’s done enough at this point to warrant getting a fair shot for a few years.

Win or lose tomorrow, they should announce something early next week to quell any speculation. If we aren’t able to retain him, that would be a huge embarrassment and a major step backwards for the program.
CDC is probably waiting until after the tournament or when we get eliminated, whichever comes first. At this point I don’t see what another week is hurting. He’s not going to accept another job while he’s still coaching.

Only choice at this point….let’s see how RT does. If you don’t give it to him it’s a PR nightmare.
Yep that’s the thing. You don’t hire him and let’s say he wins the whole thing(not out of the realm of possibility) you gonna celebrate the national title on Tuesday and introduce the new coach on Friday? That’s just not gonna work. Terry might not work out. He’s not a sure thing but he’s the only option at this point. Chris Beard was suppose to be a sure thing and he made it a year and a half. So there are no sure things

And @clob94 although you are correct that these kids signed on to play for Beard. Cunningham is coming back next year, Bishop announced he’s coming back, the two 5 star recruits in this class have stayed in the fold, no one is running for the hills with Rodney Terry potentially at the helm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tired Horn
Yep that’s the thing. You don’t hire him and let’s say he wins the whole thing(not out of the realm of possibility) you gonna celebrate the national title on Tuesday and introduce the new coach on Friday? That’s just not gonna work. Terry might not work out. He’s not a sure thing but he’s the only option at this point. Chris Beard was suppose to be a sure thing and he made it a year and a half. So there are no sure things
Yep, and no one mentions the private equity deal. I find it hilarious that Dummy Vitale is telling Texas and PE firms what to do, talk about arrogant.... This is very entertaining in the least. I love it when liberals eat each other.

Yep, and no one mentions the private equity deal. I find it hilarious that Dummy Vitale is telling Texas and PE firms what to do, talk about arrogant.... This is very entertaining in the least. I love it when liberals eat each other.
The part that’s very entertaining is the fact this team has a legit shot of winning the whole damn thing. Not sure why we have to make this a political matter.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Last edited:
IDK, cause and effect..... I'm a problem solver by nature. The root of the problem was the mee too movement. You can blame Chris Beard but Falk and Royal had these same issues(offending liberals). People make mistakes, move on.

Canceling people is not a solution.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/ut-sports-memo-integration/
Chris Beard didn’t get “canceled” and his firing had nothing to do with liberal or conservative. Every major college and university in this country hell every public business would have made the exact same move on beard.

We also don’t know what the discussions were like. It happened fairly abruptly after weeks of no news. It’s very possible Texas was trying to come up with a way to keep Beard(anger management, AA, a public apology, etc) and chris Beard wasn’t receptive to that and they said ok then you leave us no other option. I don’t know that’s how it went down, but it certainly feels like something soured in the discussions, and listening to Beard’s press conference at Ole miss I could see something like that taking place.

Reactions: Tired Horn
Chris Beard didn’t get “canceled” and his firing had nothing to do with liberal or conservative. Every major college and university in this country hell every public business would have made the exact same move on beard.

We also don’t know what the discussions were like. It happened fairly abruptly after weeks of no news. It’s very possible Texas was trying to come up with a way to keep Beard(anger management, AA, a public apology, etc) and chris Beard wasn’t receptive to that and they said ok then you leave us no other option. I don’t know that’s how it went down, but it certainly feels like something soured in the discussions, and listening to Beard’s press conference at Ole miss I could see something like that taking place.
That's your opinion and that's fine.

At this point, I would only take Donovan over Terry. I think Terry has done a great job this year. I think CDC does look bad by not extending him sooner but he appears to have his process. I put Terry at a 90% chance of being extended beyond 3 years at Texas. I also would put Texas at a 75% chance of not making the tournament in the next three years and the stadium being empty in 4 years while T Bills are north of 9%.

Last edited:
I'm calling b.s. on all this.

Chris Beard is an asshole who threw it all away he gets no sympathy from me. I mean who gets engaged for 7 years and still doesn't marry? How fitting that MS had a fb and bb coach with a checkered pair concerning women.

We are on a storybook season. A coach fired and asst takes over. We finish as the best team in the best conference. What about PS naysayers? With 5 minutes to go we took charge and in the end made PS look like the 10th seeded they are

Whether Disu plays or not I don't see how Miami can beat us.

The sporting news has named Rodney Terry the coach of the year. And it's  his team now.

I hope Rodney Terry is our permanent coach.

That's your opinion and that's fine.

At this point, I would only take Donovan over Terry. I think Terry has done a great job this year. I think CDC does look bad by not extending him sooner but he appears to have his process. I put Terry at a 90% chance of being extended beyond 3 years at Texas. I also would put Texas at a 75% chance of not making the tournament in the next three years and the stadium being empty in 4 years while T Bills are north of 9%.
Nueces you don't know shit from mayonnaise as to who would be a good coach at Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT