ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor gets a little more rapey

You really think the phone call goes like this
Briles: hey coach P, sure I want that player.....no need for me to ask why he was disciplined and suspended and is now kicked off the team, I really don't have any need/want to know....please lets not talk about it, neither you or I should bring it up at all.....can he play ball?........lemme have him.
Hows the weather?
Thanks so much for calling coach. Lets make this trade official soon and I'll send you a bottle of wine since I can't send a player. Is it weird at all that we didn't talk about why he is leaving? Na, I didn't think so either.
Don't worry, I'm not going to ask the player about this stuff either. I'll just have my football staffer get with yours to get his jersey size and we will have our academics people work out the rest. I'll have him a scholly in no time. And I don't care why he lost his scholly with you.
And did I mention that I don't care one bit why he lost his scholarship at Boise? Not sure if you were paying attention, just wanted to make that clear Coach P.
How's the wife? Gonna beat Idaho this year? What is your fav book. Hows the wife? C'mon coach P, lets talk about everything but the player.

Or do you think they talked about it at length like Petersen said?

Common freaking sense man.

And again. Briles came out and said "we knew nothing" to cover his own arse. Petersen could have just left it alone. His butt wasn't on the line. Still isn't. He could have stayed out of the story. He simply felt like telling the truth. Simple as that. I might buy that he was lying or had a beef or was worried about himself if he just came out and spoke all about this for no reason. But Briles was repeatedly on record lying. He got tired of it. Simply human nature.

Reactions: Scholz
Imean really, its a he said/she said. Petersens reasoning to "make up" that he told Briles would be what? To pull a "CYA" or whatever the hell you said?

Briles on the other hand has legit reasons to lie and cover this up. And from what we have seen from the way BU handles things....they do like to try and cover things up.

Again Petersen had nothing to gain or lose by interjecting himself in the story well after it was already written. He merely got tired of seeing BS and thought he'd toss the truth out. That happens.

Briles had everything to gain by claiming ignorance at the start of the story. Bet he wishes he'd have known it would have become a bigger story. He might have thought twice about lying if he'd have known that. But go ahead and bury your head about the way humans obviously act......and just make up more stuff to spin and muddle the story. It worked for Johnny Cochran and OJ.
Thank you for making my argument for me. So your point is that Briles is the one with something to gain - He thought he was getting a great player, sees that it went south with the rape, and lies to protect his job. You could say the EXACT SAME THING ABOUT PETERSON! He thought he was getting a great player. Player hits girl. Peterson DOES NOT REPORT IT TO HIS BOSSES (isn't that the alleged crime by Briles?) Why would Peterson keep it hush hush? To save his job? To keep the administration from knowing he recruited a player of questionable character? Why would Peterson lie (if he did) about saying he told Briles? What does he have to gain? Uhhhhhh maybe to keep his job at Washington? Next.

And all the other rapist football players at Baylor? Briles completely unaware and innocent in those cases too?

...Title IX lawsuits for disgusting people covering up rapes and failing to protect female co-eds from a rampant rape culture within the football program because Ws. That's what's next.

And all the other rapist football players at Baylor? Briles completely unaware and innocent in those cases too?
I'm kind of surprised at you Scholz. I had you pegged as the resident liberal. I'm in the innocent until proven guilty camp. As stated earlier, the Oakman allegation really bothers me. The Boise guy there is plausible deniability. But Oakman there is no excuse. If it turns out that Briles knew about the Boise incident, he needs to go. If Oakman is convicted, then count me in the camp that he needs to go - there is in fact a culture that is out of hand. But I am willing to wait until the allegations are proven (be it the Peterson allegation that he told Briles or the Oakman charge).

Last edited:
Thank you for making my argument for me. So your point is that Briles is the one with something to gain - He thought he was getting a great player, sees that it went south with the rape, and lies to protect his job. You could say the EXACT SAME THING ABOUT PETERSON! He thought he was getting a great player. Player hits girl. Peterson DOES NOT REPORT IT TO HIS BOSSES (isn't that the alleged crime by Briles?) Why would Peterson keep it hush hush? To save his job? To keep the administration from knowing he recruited a player of questionable character? Why would Peterson lie (if he did) about saying he told Briles? What does he have to gain? Uhhhhhh maybe to keep his job at Washington? Next.

What world do you live in????? It is not the exact same story. Not even close.

One coach takes a HS kid, disciplines him and boots him off team for transgressions. Another coach gives said questionable player a 2nd chance. And then the school covers up his issues he has on their campus. A big story about how red of a flag he was when he left Boise and questions as to why they took him. And the coach and school continue to cover it up.

I hope you used a shovel when you introduced your head in to the sand.

I'm surprised at you as well, diadevic. I didn't peg you for a $ooner win at all costs cover up artist wait until the courts decide when the truth is obvious person. Disappointing.

Baylor fan has now lost all moral standing over anything ever. Ken Starr belongs in prison as well.

What world do you live in????? It is not the exact same story. Not even close.

One coach takes a HS kid, disciplines him and boots him off team for transgressions. Another coach gives said questionable player a 2nd chance. And then the school covers up his issues he has on their campus. A big story about how red of a flag he was when he left Boise and questions as to why they took him. And the coach and school continue to cover it up.

I hope you used a shovel when you introduced your head in to the sand.
One coach's boss has gone on the record that the coach did not report any incident of violence against women. And that coach isn't in Waco. Now go get my shine box.

Washington could give 2 craps about a player that Petersen booted off from Boise when he screwed up. In fact, they probably gave him a high five and said keep that sort of disciplining up while you are here.

The lies have nothing to do with Boise or Washington. Its all about Baylor and what was told to BU. And UW or Boise could care less if BU was told or not told. UW wasn't doing some investigation or trying to fire him, so he spoke up and blamed BU.
Questions were flying towards BU. BU lied. UW coach simply chimed in to help expose that lie. With nothing to gain or lose by speaking or being silent.

Now who has more to gain on a story about a BU player raping at BU after being booted from another school for similar actions.....the BU HC or anyone else in America? (answer is the BU HC is the ONLY person who has something to gain by lying here about what he did/didn't know and about what the other HC told him......Boise and Washington and Petersen aren't even more than a sliver of this story.......not to mention BU and the HC have a history of lying in these rape incidents for a few years now)

Deflection denied.

Baylor claiming to be a Christian university is ridiculous at this point as well.

Washington could give 2 craps about a player that Petersen booted off from Boise when he screwed up. In fact, they probably gave him a high five and said keep that sort of disciplining up while you are here.

The lies have nothing to do with Boise or Washington. Its all about Baylor and what was told to BU. And UW or Boise could care less if BU was told or not told. UW wasn't doing some investigation or trying to fire him, so he spoke up and blamed BU.
Questions were flying towards BU. BU lied. UW coach simply chimed in to help expose that lie. With nothing to gain or lose by speaking or being silent.

Now who has more to gain on a story about a BU player raping at BU after being booted from another school for similar actions.....the BU HC or anyone else in America? (answer is the BU HC is the ONLY person who has something to gain by lying here about what he did/didn't know and about what the other HC told him......Boise and Washington and Petersen aren't even more than a sliver of this story.......not to mention BU and the HC have a history of lying in these rape incidents for a few years now)

Deflection denied.
There you go again. Now exactly where is this "history of lying in these rape incidents for a few years now"?

One coach's boss has gone on the record that the coach did not report any incident of violence against women. And that coach isn't in Waco. Now go get my shine box.

So the Boise AD (who wasn't on that phone conversation).....comes out and says something that is erroneous.

And you connect those dots to UW firing Petersen how????

You are like the person sitting in their house that heard the neighbor say he heard only 3 gunshots....so now when the police come over and tell you that their was a quadruple homicide with 5 bullet wounds......you say it couldn't be true bc my neighbor told me he heard only 3 shots, not 5. So you need to go look for a triple homicide that must have occurred at the same time and stop looking at my bloody hands and gun with 5 bullets missing.

So the Boise AD (who wasn't on that phone conversation).....comes out and says something that is erroneous.

And you connect those dots to UW firing Petersen how????

You are like the person sitting in their house that heard the neighbor say he heard only 3 gunshots....so now when the police come over and tell you that their was a quadruple homicide with 5 bullet wounds......you say it couldn't be true bc my neighbor told me he heard only 3 shots, not 5. So you need to go look for a triple homicide that must have occurred at the same time and stop looking at my bloody hands and gun with 5 bullets missing.
Do you think for a second that if UW was aware that Chris Peterson knew about a sexual assault by one of his football players and did not report it to his administration (best case) or covered up a sexual assault by one of his football players (worst case) that UW would have hired him? Or they wouldn't think twice about firing him?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...rs-coach-art-briles-sam-ukwuachu-violent-past

Just saying. Whose panties are in a wad again?

I'm not upset at all. But then again, I am not defending rape and liars and pointing the blame on everyone else except the ones that deserve it. Thats your job. Spin away.

(FWIW, if UT were caught up in something like this, I'd be calling for heads to roll.....not defending said heads or buying lies or spinning a web)
Because Texas has been successful in football before and Texas will be again. baylor will do anything to win and now they will lie cheat or steal their way to keep winning. baylor has never proven they can win consistently and they are terrified that briles is their only hope to keep winning. They will let A LOT slide.

Do you think for a second that if UW was aware that Chris Peterson knew about a sexual assault by one of his football players and did not report it to his administration (best case) or covered up a sexual assault by one of his football players (worst case) that UW would have hired him? Or they wouldn't think twice about firing him?

What in the world are you talking about?

BU is the ones involved in a cover up here, not Boise.

All we are talking about and all that is in disagreement is did Petersen tell Briles about the kids history or not. Did they talk about why he was kicked off of Boise or not. Is Briles lying or not?

UW doesn't care one iota about a kid Petersen BOOTED OFF HIS Boise team and whether he warned the next coach or not. There are no rules saying he had to warn Briles. There is no violation on CPs behalf, so NO I don't for a second think UW cares. And he didn't cover anything up and keep the player (that was what Baylor did). He did the right thing and DISMISSED him.

If an angry father were to storm onto Baylor's campus and shoot Ken Starr and Art Briles, would that trigger a national response to finally address the epidemic of rape by college athletes nationwide? I mean, who gives a shit if these twerps are capped? Assassination is such an under-utilized tool. Not advocating, just wondering.
TopGum, LonghornSoldier and mm...

Don't forget to take your anti-depressants. The world is so much better when you do. (For you, and especially for the rest of us.)

Don't forget to take your anti-depressants. The world is so much better when you do. (For you, and especially for the rest of us.)
Powerful grown men putting money and football over the safety of 18 year old girls is depressing. But taking a pill won't help. Just depends on what you prioritize, I'd prefer protecting girls myself. But I have daughters.

Reactions: HornsRuleU
Briles is lying, unless he has unrevealed neurological issues -- memory loss, etc. Even if he did have a medical reason, he'd probably be documenting things like crazy, since he'd be afraid of forgetting. 95% that Briles is lying.

After plugging for Briles to get the Texas job, I'm pretty happy he didn't.

The silence of RealBear, etc. is deafening. They're all just hoping this goes away.

I think yall are being a little harsh...Bryles said he didnt know, so why not take him at his word?.....Seriously, I nominate Bryles for the 2016 Sgt Shultz Award....."I know noting!"

Seems to me that Bryles knows so little of this case that he might be the most qualified person in Waco to sit on the jury in the event the trial is there.

I think yall are being a little harsh...Bryles said he didnt know, so why not take him at his word?.....Seriously, I nominate Bryles for the 2016 Sgt Shultz Award....."I know noting!"

Seems to me that Bryles knows so little of this case that he might be the most qualified person in Waco to sit on the jury in the event the trial is there.
Now that's funny!

There is still some due diligence on the part of the staff that did not appear to have been performed. They are going to have to show some kind of research being performed on the back ground checks of individuals that become prospects for Baylor. This is going to cost them a LOT of money. I do not know about NCAA violations but there is still some moral obligation that need's to be achieved for not only the students but the general public as well. They are literally harboring and laying out the red carpet for violent offenders and sexual predators. This is going to be an easy argument to make for the attorneys.

Did anybody hear the interview Fart Smiles just did on Sirius radio Mad dog channel?

Holy ball zacks. When asked about what course of action he was taking regarding the rampant accusations of sexual crimes by his players, he basically said "Ya, it's a problem we're unfortunately having to deal with on a daily basis and we are looking into it........"

Well gee Fart, thanks for quelling my fear that you weren't looking into it over the last two years....

I would tell you to go choke to death on a turd sandwich so you could join your mother sucking pig phallus in Hades with the false prophet of Medina, but that would probably break the rules of engagement for this message board, so I won't do that.

I would tell you to go choke to death on a turd sandwich so you could join your mother sucking pig phallus in Hades with the false prophet of Medina, but that would probably break the rules of engagement for this message board, so I won't do that.

Sooo you don't agree with his synonymous?

Powerful grown men putting money and football over the safety of 18 year old girls is depressing.
Agreed, fully.
But taking a pill won't help. Just depends on what you prioritize, I'd prefer protecting girls myself.
You may be joking, but supporting the suggestion/concept of assassinating Briles & Starr doesn't help things, either. It's not even funny. All it does it create a hypothetical, hopefully.

Reactions: swVAHorn
And may the Lord Jesus Christ bless you, too, Top Gum.

Did anybody hear the interview Fart Smiles just did on Sirius radio Mad dog channel?

Holy ball zacks. When asked about what course of action he was taking regarding the rampant accusations of sexual crimes by his players, he basically said "Ya, it's a problem we're unfortunately having to deal with on a daily basis and we are looking into it........"

Well gee Fart, thanks for quelling my fear that you weren't looking into it over the last two years....
Guy is a complete scumbag. I'm quite sure he's feeding those Bears steroids just like he did at Stephenville HS.

Agreed, fully.

You may be joking, but supporting the suggestion/concept of assassinating Briles & Starr doesn't help things, either. It's not even funny. All it does it create a hypothetical, hopefully.
I don't support assassinating Briles or Starr. I just said I could understand a father doing whatever if he felt someone recruited known predators who ended up raping his daughter, and didn't give a damn. Which seems to be the case here.

I don't support assassinating Briles or Starr. I just said I could understand a father doing whatever if he felt someone recruited known predators who ended up raping his daughter, and didn't give a damn. Which seems to be the case here.
Exactly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT