ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor gets a little more rapey

New report about Oakmans issues while at BU that were allegedly known by the school/staff and nothing was done.

Now I know some of you BU apologists will say "what are you supposed to do when charges are dropped". Well see how UT handled Sanders/Meander. You cut bait when allegations are strong enough. The follow thru or lackthereof by the judicial system has nothing to do with whether or not they should be on the team. It is often an excuse "see player was exonerated aka innocent aka we can play him". And often they pull the "lets let em play till the process plays out". But those are excuses. If something is bad enough, you lose your privilege to a scholly. Period. Whether or not you go to jail later is a different matter.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...oakman-assault-accusation-2013-waco-nfl-draft

From Baylor 24/7...

"We've heard activist groups are reaching out to the victims that didn't press charges years ago to come forward and press charges now."

"Also hearing Texas Monthly is coming to town again."

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
From Baylor 24/7...

"We've heard activist groups are reaching out to the victims that didn't press charges years ago to come forward and press charges now."

"Also hearing Texas Monthly is coming to town again."

People are reacting like this since BU continues to do nothing.

They need to get out ahead of this. Do something like suggested in the latest links above. Someone has to finally be suspended. They can't keep lying and claiming ignorance and doing nothing and expect it to just go away.

Reactions: Scholz
Here's something about Baylor that hasn't been mentioned yet on this thread. As a private school they are not required to provide as detailed a report as a state school is. My cousins and longtime friends who went there said the President and BOR don't answer to anyone. He said there are some powerful alums rich, older, white men, as he described them, who along with the bor and president pretty much call the shots. An alumni center was torn down to make a walkway to their new stadium. They think because for the first time Baylor has had real success not just in fb, but their entire athletic program, that they want to preserve athletic success above all else.

Here's something about Baylor that hasn't been mentioned yet on this thread. As a private school they are not required to provide as detailed a report as a state school is. My cousins and longtime friends who went there said the President and BOR don't answer to anyone. He said there are some powerful alums rich, older, white men, as he described them, who along with the bor and president pretty much call the shots. An alumni center was torn down to make a walkway to their new stadium. They think because for the first time Baylor has had real success not just in fb, but their entire athletic program, that they want to preserve athletic success above all else.

They obviously can go that route being private but the negative public perception would eat them alive. Also being private doesn't protect them from lawsuits. They aren't coming out of this unscathed some higher ups are going to be sacrificed.

Yeah, like it or not.....they will have to answer to some victims, their families, and their lawyers.

"...at least nine women have reported to police they were raped or assaulted by Baylor football players since 2009...Unfortunately, his [Oakman's] is only the latest in a string of incidents where people in authority at the university either willfully or negligently downplayed violence toward women...Void of accountability, Briles was free to focus on winning football games, whether that meant pursuing a future All-Big 12 pass-rusher (Oakman) kicked off of Penn State or holding a roster spot open for a former freshman All-American (Ukwuachu) while awaiting trial for sexual assault."

I'm just here to talk football...

051415-cfb-Art-Briles-pi-mp.vadapt.664.high.5.jpg

Wow, Baylor fan. Way to go full Koresh. Disgusting. :eek:

Alex Dunlap on the Baylor Scandal

I’m sure that the Baylor fans, alumni and stakeholders who’ve threatened my life, my family and made our private records and personal matters public in recent days over my reporting of BU’s horrifying (and ongoing) scandal will feel that they’ve “won,” but they haven’t.
This will personally be the last piece of reporting I will be doing on the Baylor Scandal.
This is not my beat. I was only pulled into this whole mess due to the fact that no one else seemed to care and I felt obligated to step forward and care. As I’ve spoken to crying victims late into the night or laid sleepless and fidgety in recent weeks, I’ve wondered, “How the hell did we end up here?”
For goodness sake, I’m a football analyst.
The reason I’m moving on from the story is not for concern over my own safety, as these threats are idle and made by cowards, the kind of cowards who not only circle the wagons to go after reporters looking for the truth and some semblance of justice, but also victims who’ve already been damaged beyond repair by this same mob’s lack of doing anything remotely similar in these victims’ darkest moments.
If Baylor stakeholders did the type of digging on the criminals Coach Art Briles harbored within his football program that they have done on me, none of us would be here right now.
Alas, the witch hunt has now extended from the people reporting on this crisis to those affected by it. Victims – some whose names have never even come out and just want peace as they recover (alone and unsupported) – are now receiving the same sorts of threats and bully tactics, as intimidating strangers wrongly accuse them of being involved with me and lord only knows what else.
The reason I know this is happening is because I know numerous sexual assault survivors who attended Baylor. Many of them I met at a prayer vigil held on BU president Ken Starr’s lawn last year. Some of these people I’ve kept in touch with and consider friends, but certainly have never relied on for source-material. These women are again being victimized, now via unfounded threats and accusations related to me.
Lawyers I have never met are being reported to the bar association for contact with me that never occurred. The reason struggle has been brought to these innocent people is because of cowardly responses to my reporting, which I can’t handle having on my conscience.
It’s clear that someone, somewhere, realized that I had gone from a pesky pain in the ass to a “Holy shit, this guy has the goods on us”-type of presence and they unleashed the hounds.
It goes to show (yet again) Baylor’s lack of ability to conduct a reasonable investigation on its own. My best “source” in all this has yet to be contacted or bullied – and, in fact, might just be someone they see every day.
Maybe there is at least one decent person around there, after all.
Here is what needs to be known for the media and investigators who’ll continue digging, free of the personal restraints I now feel myself bound by:
This is a fact:
The results of a private investigation Baylor has hired an outside firm to conduct will show that Baylor and Head Coach Art Briles were aware of alleged violent incidents involving players who were kept on the football team; and who later went on to commit or be accused of subsequent violent acts against female Baylor students.
If these damning details are not made available in the version of the investigation results Baylor chooses to dispense, it means they have been removed in an attempt to protect Briles, the athletics administration and BU president Ken Starr.
The proof is everywhere. Baylor knows it. Now the question is, will it continue with the cover-up or come clean? In the end, it doesn’t really matter, as I’m quite sure the truth will come out either way.
It just won’t be coming from me.

TopGum, LonghornSoldier and mm...

Don't forget to take your anti-depressants. The world is so much better when you do. (For you, and especially for the rest of us.)

I dont know what you are talking about, or why you chose to put me in the mix either.... but you can make sure to not do it again. Regardless of what I have said, I am entitled to my own opinion just as you are. You dont have to like it, you dont een have to agree with it, but you DO have to respect that it is MY opinion. Pretty sure the ONLY thing I have said thus far about any of this is the Briles is a POS that knows more than he is letting on to cover his own butt.... if statements like this ruffle your delicate sensibilities then feel free to go join a ult board like aggyell or soonerscoop where group think ensure nobody gets a chance to disrupt your zen by not towing the current company line...

Also, it would be nice if you would actually quote whatever other ppl said when you try to put them on blast like you did here.... or are you afraid that you will have to let them explain themselves and therefor possibly make sense and in turn make you look like a jackass?

Either way it goes, you can take that anti-depressant remark and shove it up your ass. I have family and friends that have to take that crap and it has driven at least 2 of them to suicide, but yeah, sorry what was said by other posters on here that didnt fall in line with YOUR way of thinking made you feel the need to be a jackass, whether tongue in cheek or not.

And you can keep that "jesus loves you" garbage to yourself as well... not everyone believes what you believe and may actually be personally offended over smart ass remarks you make like that... and lets be real you ONLY said that to the other poster simply to TRY and pour gasoline on the fire. Maybe you need to back up off the keyboard and take a few days to reflect on various things... and no i am not suggesting you be banned. This isnt anywhere near that level, but it is fairly shitty of you to say the least.... and yeah, I know Im not the poster child for nice posts and getting along with everyone either.. but at least I have been working to change how i interact with others here.

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
oh, and just for fun, Hornsruleu - im really not even mad at you bud.... you just touched off a few nerves that are raw and exposed with some things you said.

Cleary Act and Title IX apply to private schools.

In the midst of a $#@!storm, Briles tweets out his resume. Good lord.

‏@CoachArtBriles
Come getcha some #TruthDontLie #RealityNoHype

#ZeroSelfAwareness #RapeNoHype #LieAtAllCosts #BaylorFootballBeARapist #BaylorBondage #NoMeansComeGetchaSome

ChF67F5UoAAiHem.jpg

Not a bad advert, but the font choice is HORRIBLE.

#1 team for committing sexual assaults among power 5 schools for the last 5 years, unparalleled in the history of college football.

Hook 'em

Reactions: Scholz and swVAHorn
Not a bad advert, but the font choice is HORRIBLE.

#1 team for committing sexual assaults among power 5 schools for the last 5 years, unparalleled in the history of college football.

Hook 'em
On a lighter note ... all 3 (2 convicted and one indicted) were on defensive side, and defense still sucked. Dicey character guys are never worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornSoldier
Pure speculation on my part but here is what is going to get Baylor in trouble. Its sad to say but sexual assaults happen. I am a professor at a small private school and we have 2-3 happen a year. Sometimes it is two students on campus, sometimes it is two students off campus, and sometimes it is one student/one non student off campus. The instant it is reported the entire campus is notified about the basics. (a female student reported such and such happened at this dorm on Saturday morning at 2am.) At Baylor it seems like when these things happen it isn't reported. Two things could be happening. The handling of sexual assaults by campus officals is so poor that students don't report them. If that is true it opens up the university to lawsuits under title IX and it is a University as a whole problem. Number 2. The university does do the typical reporting unless it involves Football players. The university still has problems with Title IX but has also opened itself up to possible criminal wrongdoing. Baylor fan better hope its just #1.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Can we assume that you now see Briles for the POS he is that allowed this cultureto grow under his watch, and that he needs to go?
Not from anything stated in a plaintiff's petition. That's the last place I would look for accurate information. Although it looks like the plaintiff has Ian McCaw in its crosshairs. Fall guy anyone?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT