ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Hold off on giving out flowers)

I don't think he has the explosiveness/suddenness to be an elite player. JMO.
How do you come to that conclusion already after a true freshman season? You are obviously taking development into account going forward, so wouldn’t you agree it might be a bit early to write the book on him?

I suppose I just use my eyes and then the brain kicks in afterwards. ;)
Ketch, your article here is spot on. The job isn't done. If this team goes and drops this game against Tech, then the whole season gets spoiled. We all will have a terrible taste in our mouths. It would be absolutely horrible. That's just the truth. I want this team to play with a terrible taste in their mouth from what happened last season in Lubbock. They need to remember what all this Tech team said about them and all the crap their coach spouted off after the game. I agree, I want to pat this team on the back, but not yet, their work isn't done until they win Friday and then win in the Big 12 CCG. Then I will be as vocal as anyone because I love this team!!! I will love this team anyway, but I won't be doing any favors pumping their win now anyway. We need to let them finish first...

Last edited:
6. The Lion in Winter

It's Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn in a 1968 classic about Henry II.

================================================

My parents took my brother and I to this movie when I was 10. I guess they thought I was old enough to get it, but I wasn't. I may have slept through most of it, and to this day have not been able to bring myself to watch it.

Reactions: Archmadness
Ketch, your article here is spot on. The job isn't done. If this team goes and drops this game against Tech, then the whole season gets spoiled. We all will have a terrible taste in our mouths. It would be absolutely horrible. That's just the truth. I want this team to play with a terrible taste in their mouth from what happened last season in Lubbock. They need to remember what all this Tech team said about them and all the crap their coach spouted off after the game. I agree, I want to pat this team on the back, but not yet, their work isn't done until they win Friday and then win in the Big 12 CCG. Then I will be as vocal as anyone because I love this team!!! I will love this team anyway, but I won't be doing any favors pumping their win now anyway. We need to let them finish first...
Beat Tech.

Reactions: Mcconaugheys Burner
6. The Lion in Winter

It's Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn in a 1968 classic about Henry II.

================================================

My parents took my brother and I to this movie when I was 10. I guess they thought I was old enough to get it, but I wasn't. I may have slept through most of it, and to this day have not been able to bring myself to watch it.
I almost watched it last night.

JFK requires multiple viewings. The first time is just a shock to the system.
It was shocking - kinda like when 18 Clowns pile into a VW Bug. How did they do that?
Easily one of the most misguided “historical” films ever made. I like Stone. I loved Platoon. JFK the movie was a delusional rant. Multiple viewings ?? It becomes even more absurd.

Read it all. Just a couple of observations from a Longhorn from 1966. Sat in the stands for a lot of good DKR victories. And Freddy and Mack..
1. Sark was hired to return the Horns to the "Glory Days" of the early 2000's. If "the team" beats ttu, wins Big 12 CG and major bowl (CFP) or not, he will have the Horns way down the path to relevance and on the path to 2004 & 2005. Not there, but it took DKR a couple of years too.
2. Any of the top 10 who lose this week are toast. All conference champs, including the Horns, with the exception of Louisville will be in. OSU/UM, O/W, Ala/Ga winners with UT. A great ending to a great season.
Obviously strictly my opinion.
Been a subscriber, and seen probably more W's than most and hope top see a lot more...... Hook Em. JR

Reactions: Ketchum
@Ketchum Regarding:
"2. Texas needs to win the Big 12 title, most likely against Oklahoma State.

This was the original goal going into the season and for all of the playoff talk, the Longhorns haven't won a conference title in half a generation. I literally had a 24-year-old viewer on Saturday night tell us in the OB Live post-game show that he was nine years old when it last happened and he's never seen it with his own eyes.

This has to end. If it doesn't, it'll be a massive letdown."

I'm not arguing with you here, but is it really a let down if the preseason predictions were 9 wins? Is that not moving the goal posts? I know I would personally be upset but not sure if it's fair to the team to consider it a massive letdown?

Reactions: dreamwv02
ee0e3a40b744e2eebc3b4d949eaa9055x.jpg
... It's going to be Mike Elko at A&M. It's always been Elko.
If turns out to be Elko, what does this mean for recruiting? Do they continue to recruit at a high level or take a step back?

I'm not even disagreeing, the eye test is usually not wrong. He does seem a bit stiff and lacks some acceleration. I guess I just have a bit more wishful thinking that a borderline 5-Star RB can pop in his 2nd or 3rd season. As opposed to just hoping we get a transfer of his recruiting caliber or having to rely on another true freshman in Gibson.

It was shocking - kinda like when 18 Clowns pile into a VW Bug. How did they do that?
Easily one of the most misguided “historical” films ever made. I like Stone. I loved Platoon. JFK the movie was a delusional rant. Multiple viewings ?? It becomes even more absurd.
The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

Reactions: PreamoHorn
Read it all. Just a couple of observations from a Longhorn from 1966. Sat in the stands for a lot of good DKR victories. And Freddy and Mack..
1. Sark was hired to return the Horns to the "Glory Days" of the early 2000's. If "the team" beats ttu, wins Big 12 CG and major bowl (CFP) or not, he will have the Horns way down the path to relevance and on the path to 2004 & 2005. Not there, but it took DKR a couple of years too.
2. Any of the top 10 who lose this week are toast. All conference champs, including the Horns, with the exception of Louisville will be in. OSU/UM, O/W, Ala/Ga winners with UT. A great ending to a great season.
Obviously strictly my opinion.
Been a subscriber, and seen probably more W's than most and hope top see a lot more...... Hook Em. JR
Here's to more wins!

@Ketchum Regarding:
"2. Texas needs to win the Big 12 title, most likely against Oklahoma State.

This was the original goal going into the season and for all of the playoff talk, the Longhorns haven't won a conference title in half a generation. I literally had a 24-year-old viewer on Saturday night tell us in the OB Live post-game show that he was nine years old when it last happened and he's never seen it with his own eyes.

This has to end. If it doesn't, it'll be a massive letdown."

I'm not arguing with you here, but is it really a let down if the preseason predictions were 9 wins? Is that not moving the goal posts? I know I would personally be upset but not sure if it's fair to the team to consider it a massive letdown?
Yes.

Hey Ketch loving all the content and OBlive YouTube.. Have you thought about having old replays of shows or condensed versions of shows for this week. so while y’all are off people can consume Some content on the live feed. Another thought is during the hour break between the old fashion show and house divided maybe y’all can have clips with condensed versions of the best of the previous weeks that people can watch on the live feed. So it’s almost continuous content all day. Just some thoughts. love the channel and keep up the great work.

Hey Ketch loving all the content and OBlive YouTube.. Have you thought about having old replays of shows or condensed versions of shows for this week. so while y’all are off people can consume Some content on the live feed. Another thought is during the hour break between the old fashion show and house divided maybe y’all can have clips with condensed versions of the best of the previous weeks that people can watch on the live feed. So it’s almost continuous content all day. Just some thoughts. love the channel and keep up the great work.
definitely things we've thought about. We'll continue to evolve as time goes by.

Reactions: ARD438
I thought Herman was a solid coach but the Eyes thing hurt him bad & recruiting was really effected especially lineman I really think that was a big reason Sark went 5 & 7 our Oline & our Dline were both really weak. Sark has built both lines into top notch & is the big reason we are 10 & 1

I’m surprised this thread turned into a rehashing of Tom Herman but I always say, Tom wasn’t a bad coach, but he wasn’t a great coach and a huge a hole. BesidesTEOT debacle, the bigger issue was losing to freshman (I think) rattler with sr Sam, that was my breaking point.

I thought Herman was a solid coach but the Eyes thing hurt him bad & recruiting was really effected especially lineman I really think that was a big reason Sark went 5 & 7 our Oline & our Dline were both really weak. Sark has built both lines into top notch & is the big reason we are 10 & 1
The team also went 5-7 because he did a poor job in year one.

Can we not relive it, but just acknowledge it and move on?

Reactions: Buffalosoldiers
I’m surprised this thread turned into a rehashing of Tom Herman but I always say, Tom wasn’t a bad coach, but he wasn’t a great coach and a huge a hole. BesidesTEOT debacle, the bigger issue was losing to freshman (I think) rattler with sr Sam, that was my breaking point.
There were about 10 breaking points.

Reactions: Horn19
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT