ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Hold off on giving out flowers)

Based on what?
Offensive Line play alone. We wouldn’t be nearly as good along the line as we were because Herman didn’t value it. Better defense as well. What was trending up that lets you think Herman would have been better than 8-5?

Reactions: velvetrose
Offensive Line play alone. We wouldn’t be nearly as good along the line as we were because Herman didn’t value it. Better defense as well.

Sark went 8-5 and lost. his bowl game.

Herman likely could/would have done that.

Sark went 8-5 and lost. his bowl game.

Herman likely could/would have done that.
At the end of the day it's all semantics arguing over what their records would have been. The real question is if you believe we are better off with Sark in year 3 than we would have been with Herman in year 7? I think we are better off right now with Sark.

Maybe explain this to me like I’m 4….what has Oregon done to deserve the number 6 ranking? You keep talking about what may happen in a few weeks, I’m talking about what actually has happened

Ok, I’ll explain it like this. What does it matter?

Ok, I’ll explain it like this. What does it matter?
Well people look at these rankings every damn week to try to gauge what the CFP is going to do at the end of the season. Do they not? If we can’t follow the logic with Oregon at 6 now how on earth does anyone have any faith the committee gets it right in 2 weeks when there is likely going to be more controversy than ever before. So ya I’d say I have full faith in the committee to screw it up

Why? What about that team led you to believe that Herman would have been better?
Well we led a lot of those games only to completely collapse in the second half. When did Herman do that? We got completely embarrassed against Arkansas something Herman never had happen. While Herman was a bit of prick, his game management skills were a hell of a lot better than Sarks and he didn’t have NIL there to bail his ass out either

Well we led a lot of those games only to completely collapse in the second half. When did Herman do that? We got completely embarrassed against Arkansas something Herman never had happen. While Herman was a bit of prick, his game management skills were a hell of a lot better than Sarks and he didn’t have NIL there to bail his ass out either
We got our ass kicked at Arky because of Herman’s offensive line efforts. And maybe Herman wouldn’t have collapsed i. Second half but his history showed that he wouldn’t have had the leads to lose. He still would have lost however.

We got our ass kicked at Arky because of Herman’s offensive line efforts. And maybe Herman wouldn’t have collapsed i. Second half but his history showed that he wouldn’t have had the leads to lose. He still would have lost however.
What about Herman’s history makes you think he would lose 7 games in a season and miss a bowl game? I’ll wait

@Ketchum jinx? I stood up and declared the Oilers were beating the Bills when they were up 35-7....you can guess the rest🤣Also, had to stop buying jerseys for UT players because soon as I put it on, said player fell out due to injury. So...I got that going for me😳🤘🏻😉🙂

I hope the Big 12 commissioner comes to the TT game. I am sure he has told the refs to screw us. They have been trying, but, so far we are still winning in spite of the refs.
I want the Big 12 commissioner interviewed after we lap TT.

What about Herman’s history makes you think he would lose 7 games in a season and miss a bowl game? I’ll wait
What about Mack's history at Texas would have made you think he'd lose 7 games in 2010? It happens. The team in 2021 wasn't good and we as a program weren't getting better under Herman.

What about Mack's history at Texas would have made you think he'd lose 7 games in 2010? It happens. The team in 2021 wasn't good and we as a program weren't getting better under Herman.
Ok so you’re not answering the question. The team was 7-3 and probably should’ve been 9-2 if not for a fumble on the goal line against TCU and KU game getting cancelled. Last time I checked that’s improvement over the 2019 season. Sark took over and we are suddenly 5-7.
Mack in 2010 was a disaster, he was finally forced to fire Davis as a result of what a mess it was. Mack himself would’ve told you he underperformed.
Let’s not pretend like Herman couldn’t achieve these results with the resources Sark has had which Herman didn’t. Hell Sark has almost dropped several games this year in which the talent advantage was so significant it would’ve been criminal to lose. I’m happy we are 10-1 but good grief Sark is no coaching x-factor

This year is going to prove that out of conference wins early in September over good teams like Bama, have no impact or value at the end of the season.
I bring this up because I think it's absolutely absurd we are keeping the Michigan and Ohio State games the next few years.
There's a reason Georgia doesn't do this...

Reactions: Buffalosoldiers
Ok so you’re not answering the question. The team was 7-3 and probably should’ve been 9-2 if not for a fumble on the goal line against TCU and KU game getting cancelled. Last time I checked that’s improvement over the 2019 season. Sark took over and we are suddenly 5-7.
Mack in 2010 was a disaster, he was finally forced to fire Davis as a result of what a mess it was. Mack himself would’ve told you he underperformed.
Let’s not pretend like Herman couldn’t achieve these results with the resources Sark has had which Herman didn’t. Hell Sark has almost dropped several games this year in which the talent advantage was so significant it would’ve been criminal to lose. I’m happy we are 10-1 but good grief Sark is no coaching x-factor
Not saying Sark is the coaching x-factor but to imply that Herman was better or incapable of a losing record is silly. Harbaugh at Michigan, Meyer at Florida, Mack at Texas. Losing seasons happen and these guys are way better than Tom. "Sark almost dropped"... he didn't though and Herman consistently did. What resources that existed at the time (NIL wasn't around so it can't be a crutch) was Tom denied by the administration that prevented him from having success?

Why? What about that team led you to believe that Herman would have been better?
Herman had never been anything than solid at Texas. He would have retained more of the roster and not lost to some of the slugs that Sark did. It's n the past, though. Let's move on.

Not saying Sark is the coaching x-factor but to imply that Herman was better or incapable of a losing record is silly. Harbaugh at Michigan, Meyer at Florida, Mack at Texas. Losing seasons happen and these guys are way better than Tom. "Sark almost dropped"... he didn't though and Herman consistently did. What resources that existed at the time (NIL wasn't around so it can't be a crutch) was Tom denied by the administration that prevented him from having success?
I mean NIL is the X-factor. That being said I don’t think Tom with NIL would recruit as well as Sark. Tom appearing to lose the team/administration/boosters and recruits are pretty much why he was canned.
Sark is very much still growing but he’s showing improvement. I thought second half at ISU was tremendously well coached by him.

His last three years, he went 10-4, 8-5, and 7-3 and won all his bowl games.

Yes, he would have had leads.

@Ketchum jinx? I stood up and declared the Oilers were beating the Bills when they were up 35-7....you can guess the rest🤣Also, had to stop buying jerseys for UT players because soon as I put it on, said player fell out due to injury. So...I got that going for me😳🤘🏻😉🙂
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: KoolMoD
I mean NIL is the X-factor. That being said I don’t think Tom with NIL would recruit as well as Sark. Tom appearing to lose the team/administration/boosters and recruits are pretty much why he was canned.
Sark is very much still growing but he’s showing improvement. I thought second half at ISU was tremendously well coached by him.
If NIL had been around when Mack coached he may still be here. Ultimately it was Tom who got Tom fired.

A relapse?
Ketch, you appeared to have serious doubts about Sark and his potential at Texas at the start of this season. I thought that might have changed during this season, but I could be wrong.

If NIL had been around when Mack coached he may still be here. Ultimately it was Tom who got Tom fired.

The zaniness of 2020 had as much to do with is as anything. We can't act like the TEOY situation wasn't instrumental in his dismissal.

Ketch, you appeared to have serious doubts about Sark and his potential at Texas at the start of this season. I thought that might have changed during this season, but I could be wrong.
Who didn't have serious thoughts before the season?

Are we playing the pretend game where people act like they knew after two disappointing seasons that things would definitely go like this based on actual things that existed and not just confirmation bias?

Give it a rest Tom, move on.

Reactions: Mcconaugheys Burner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT