ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Hold off on giving out flowers)

Ketch has been hanging out with Bohls based off his vote for Bama and Oregon being ahead of Texas. I prior win does matter, especially on the road. Oregon hasn’t beat a quality team.

Ketch has been hanging out with Bohls based off his vote for Bama and Oregon being ahead of Texas. I prior win does matter, especially on the road. Oregon hasn’t beat a quality team.
I don‘t think he’s voting Oregon over Texas as much as facing reality that we aren’t jumping Oregon if they win out.

If the question becomes “right now” that wouldn’t bode well for Texas v Bama for one spot. But also if that were the real question Florida State wouldn’t be in the top 4 right now either (injury or not).
why?

They are undefeated and the margin of victory in their games looks like this since 10/1...

22, 38, 18, 25, 17, 7, and 45

My eyes are my eyes.

Texas hasn't been consistently playing at a high level.

Reactions: TexasRads1

B/S: No matter what happens from here, Sark is getting paid after the season, close to the $10 million per year range, with multiple years added.

(Buy) Successful coaches never come cheap. He's going to be viewed as a successful coach following this season.”

Make no mistake, if Sark doesn’t make the big12 championship game it’s a massive failure. Massive. And no way would I suppprt a new contract for Sark.

Making the game is par. Winning is a birdie. Playoff is an eagle.

Appreciate the JFK plug, Ketch.

I want OU in the CCG. Not only the highest ranked opponent we can get, but also the proverbial avenging our only loss of the season card.

Reactions: Archmadness
My eyes are my eyes.

Texas hasn't been consistently playing at a high level.

So the regular season is irrelevant?

Man i wish all stupid voting and stupid voters played no part in this. Any sport with voting or judging is a hobby, not a sport. You are no better than an ice dancing judge!

why?

They are undefeated and the margin of victory in their games looks like this since 10/1...

22, 38, 18, 25, 17, 7, and 45
Against Air. The team that needed a miracle comeback to beat Boston College. Needed a walk on kicker to miss a chip shot to beat Clemson. Needed Duke’s quarterback to get hurt (they were trailing 2 scores). Their SOS is 78. If you take a computer poll like Sagarin Florida State isn‘t even ranked in the Top 10.

Against Air. The team that needed a miracle comeback to beat Boston College. Needed a walk on kicker to miss a chip shot to beat Clemson. Needed Duke’s quarterback to get hurt (they were trailing 2 scores). Their SOS is 78. If you take a computer poll like Sagarin Florida State isn‘t even ranked in the Top 10.

You're talking about things that happened in September.

I mean. that's subjective, but at least you would answer the question.
I dont think it's Texas, but I don't have a great conviction on who it is either. If Texas had beat OU by 1 point would you feel differently?

You're playing the resume versus ratings game, which is fine and it's what the committee does with great hypocrisy. To be fair there's not a way to do it without inconsistencies.

I lean more on the resume side, and Texas wins that over 1 loss Bama or 1 loss Georgia IMO.

I dont think it's Texas, but I don't have a great conviction on who it is either. If Texas had beat OU by 1 point would you feel differently?

You're playing the resume versus ratings game, which is fine and it's what the committee does with great hypocrisy. To be fair there's not a way to do it without inconsistencies.

I lean more on the resume side, and Texas wins that over 1 loss Bama or 1 loss Georgia IMO.
You still haven't answered the question.

Who is the No.1 team in the country right now?

Playing consistently in the regular season at a high level is
We whipped their ass at their house.

Congrats, ice dancing judge.

Maybe I should just say “ Americas got talent”? Does that fit better? Or maybe the voice or some other stupid reality tv show?

Why do you think your opinion matters at all? Eyeballs? Who gives a f about what your eyeballs say?

Texas kicked their ass at their house.

• Haha
Reactions: NTxHorn3423
The only thing that matters is what the committee thinks unfortunately.

We whipped their ass at their house.

Congrats, ice dancing judge.

Maybe I should just say “ Americas gif talent”? Does that fit better?
At some point, you can't keep pointing to September because you haven't done anything really impressive in two months.

It's a beauty pageant.

For starters Duke was October 21. But whatever. So your view I guess is Texas beat Alabama in September so that doesn’t matter? That said tell me what top 8 team FLorida State beats. TODAY. And the computer rankings are today. And include those margins of victory.

Reactions: Baconbeard
Since September they’ve beaten North Alabama, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Pitt and Miami. Who could dispute the greatness of winning those games? They have one arguably good win all year - in September.

Reactions: pringlelake
I said it's an Elmo shrug for me. Give me Georgia until someone beats them I suppose.
You say it like it's not obvious.

Since 10/1, here's a look at UGA's margin of victory - 38, 17, 23, 9, 35, and 28.

Quit the slow play on Sark . He’s rebuilt this team the right way . He inherited a rotting corpse , all brand no foundation . He’s been a great hire . I think you slow play him so urban to Texas rumors can start again

The only thing that matters is what the committee thinks unfortunately.
While true at the end of the day we only have ourselves to blame. That loss to OU was inexcusable especially the way it happened. We did it to ourselves.

Reactions: texan886
Since September they’ve beaten North Alabama, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Pitt and Miami. Who could dispute the greatness of winning those games. They have one arguably good win all year - in September.
Since September Texas has lost to OU and beaten UH by 7, BYU by 29, KSU by 3, TCU by 3 and Iowa State by 10.

That's not wowing anyone.

Quit the slow play on Sark . He’s rebuilt this team the right way . He inherited a rotting corpse , all brand no foundation . He’s been a great hire . I think you slow play him so urban to Texas rumors can start again
Season 18 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent

Sark deserves to have a couple years added to his contract if we win the big 12 championship this year- but I hope we don't do anything stupid and award him a Jimbo sized contract

At some point, you can't keep pointing to September because you haven't done anything really impressive in two months.

It's a beauty pageant.

To you!

And that’s the difference. You want and like and probably watch ice dancing because of the drama.

That comparison was decided on the field.

Period. And September isn’t any different than November. Both are in the regular season.

A fact that the SEC should be penalized for playing shit ass d1AA teams in November. But no.

You freaking ice dancing judges want drama and you discount the regular season.

Have at it, drama Queen!

• Haha
Reactions: NTxHorn3423
In terms of “best teams today” not sure how anyone can really dispute 1. Georgia. 2. Alabama 3. Michigan. Then probably Oregon, Washington, Ohio State and us. While I’d like the opportunity, I would not relish watching our pass defense against Nix and Penix.

Reactions: whitenoize
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT