ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (12 days that changed Texas football forever)

Thanks for pulling that up!

The two messages could not have come through any more differently for me though. Even rereading this it wreaks of pretty much the same content we got for three years.

Yea...as the previous poster alluded to "Herman stole that from Charlie" is bullshit but the type of nonsense I'm used to ignoring on here.

I may have missed it. What kind of sources were they?
sign-big.jpg

But at the time it was a "game-changer" and the admin was incompetent. How could that be?

I guess my point is amongst all the self aggrandizement (much of which is well deserved), pointing out where things went sideways and the story was missed would be nice as well. Otherwise point one just looks like autoeroticism.
I tended to focus on our reporting and out sourcing never blinked about him being out. Others were reporting he still had a chance, we were not.

Reactions: DrHorn98
But at the time it was a "game-changer" and the admin was incompetent. How could that be?

I guess my point is amongst all the self aggrandizement (much of which is well deserved), pointing out where things went sideways and the story was missed would be nice as well. Otherwise point one just looks like autoeroticism.
Back to the age old debate: If you could autoeroticize yourself, wouldn't you want to?

Reactions: AkaSkooby
one down, 25,000 to go.;)
Houston transfer would be way better in the new system than SB. It would help Texas to have those guys get a year to hit the weight room and learn. What RB do we end up with? Its funny Texas had a rb transfer to Houston and now he lost his coach to Texas.

I had to laugh when Herman had the quote about pressure not existing because of preparation. As he was saying this, I told my wife... he stole that exact quote from Charlie during his intro presser.

Also, I have to laugh about your belief as Urban being the perfect coach. He had his own shitty kicker that nearly cost him the game, twice. And as the announcers on satellite radio were saying, Urban was making game decisions because he had no faith in his kicker. Details, details. Then, at game end, his game management was Charlie style with timeouts and running out his kick team. Details, details. Even Urban has Charlie moments. Of course, when you win, everyone forgets this things, and when you lose, they get blown out of proportion.

Actually, if you listened to the announcers and knew the stats, tOSU kicker is normally lights out...one of the best in the country this season. But that's just details....

I tended to focus on our reporting and out sourcing never blinked about him being out. Others were reporting he still had a chance, we were not.
My bad. You nailed it. Charlie's a hustling liar and our admin is incompetent.

Occam's razor is dull and rusty.

Last edited:
I had to laugh when Herman had the quote about pressure not existing because of preparation. As he was saying this, I told my wife... he stole that exact quote from Charlie during his intro presser.

Also, I have to laugh about your belief as Urban being the perfect coach. He had his own shitty kicker that nearly cost him the game, twice. And as the announcers on satellite radio were saying, Urban was making game decisions because he had no faith in his kicker. Details, details. Then, at game end, his game management was Charlie style with timeouts and running out his kick team. Details, details. Even Urban has Charlie moments. Of course, when you win, everyone forgets this things, and when you lose, they get blown out of proportion.
Yes, you need to win at some point to keep your 5 million dollar per year job.

My advice would be to follow lead and pack your shit and get to movin.

I credit you and IT. You two were the only Texas sites who remained firm that he was out period.

I just don't know where Chip got that from - somebody inside who was hopeful maybe, but out of the loop? BB wavered a bit, not fully like Chip.

Reactions: One_Man_Stampede
Totally forgot about that. Here's the quote from Strong:

"No, because if you surround yourselves with the right people. You have an outstanding president here, outstanding athletic director, you have the support staff. When you have the right support around you, there is no pressure. When you're not prepared, yeah, there is pressure. It's all about being surrounded with the right people, with the outstanding coaching staff, it won't be any pressure. Go recruit the right people and continue to build on something great, and then that pressure eases for you."

Yeah, but TH's was much more direct....and based off what we saw in 3 years with Charlie, he didn't follow his own advice. We'll see if TH will.

Reactions: Number-5
Oscar was never a slouch. He had a hand in Jeffcoat, Oak, Malcom, Jones, basically any DE or line guy with a pulse during our run.

Oscar is a stud...amazing how so many OBs take him for granted because he's one of our own or because they see him as a "comfort hire". He worked his ass off as a player, and has done the same as a coach. He's a star in the making, and we should be elated he's coming back home. I just hope he isn't plucked for a bigger role in the next couple of years.

I may gave missed it somewhere, but were terms of the contract disclosed yet?

During the PC, why would the LN show a Kris Boyd Tweet? I thought that was odd.

Great write up, I think it's ironic that the TCU game didn't even get an honorable mention in the crazy 12 days. That's how unimportant that game really was.

It had the importance that it was the last game...that Fenves arbitrarily or otherwise set up as when he was going to make his decision.

Reactions: Number-5
It had the importance that it was the last game...that Fenves arbitrarily or otherwise set up as when he was going to make his decision.
But that was really the only significance, signifying the end.

AMEN....except maybe that OBers could after Fenves official announcements (Strong fired and Herman hired...in about 4 hours)....could RELAX......thank goodness.
I really think everyone is relieved, OBs, players, admin and really I think deep down CS is relieved as well.

Damn good times ahead...excited to see the staff shake out and see us get to signing day!

Reactions: HornDozer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT