ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (A burnt orange kind of weekend)

Folks in OKC are still pissed about that call.

I can understand the argument to hold the whistle, but it was a foul and it's not as if it was a desperation 3. Unfortunately it was just a horrendous sequence by Durant first with the pass that led to the TO then finished off by fouling after going for the head fake.

Glad to see Leo win, not glad to hear his constant drivel opinion concerning global warming. And then he had to make himself look completely stupid with the comment about snow. Especially since 2014 saw record amounts of snow in many locations across the United States; however, like most, when it comes to global warming, they think claiming any opinion should be fact no matter the truth. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, same old crap. Leo, just thank the people about your award or make comments concerning the award, IOW, "just the facts." One more note, many Hollywood reports say a lot of the delay with filming and location were due to crew problems.
woosah-gif-bad-boys-2.gif

Reactions: horn2015
Would like to see the Cowboys trade out of the #4 pick, hopefully for an additional #1 in the 2017 draft and maybe an extra #2 in this years draft. Jones need to get better at signing free agent QBs. They need help at too may other positions.
Dallas won't find its future quarterback in free agency. The best ones never see free agency.

I can understand the argument to hold the whistle, but it was a foul and it's not as if it was a desperation 3. Unfortunately it was just a horrendous sequence by Durant first with the pass that led to the TO then finished off by fouling after going for the head fake.
It was a shockingly bad sequence when you consider OKC had a timeout to use. No reason to panic, yet he did.

It was a shockingly bad sequence when you consider OKC had a timeout to use. No reason to panic, yet he did.

I'd be lying if I said it that wasn't that type of mental error/mistake that has me wondering if he'll ever get a title. I love KD but at this point it's not hard to continue to question his Alpha Dog cred.

In the recruits twitter pics they are standing in front of what looks like a white sheet draped over a wall. It looks really low rent to me like it was just thrown together. Am I missing something there? Cant we have a better photo op?

Reactions: Dogged Horn
- Shaka has made everyone into a believer. No excuses. Just gets the job done.

- Junior Day with Strong is like taking a woman out on a nice date, but not stressing about her dating other guys because he knows they will come back in the end.

- Time for Terence Crawford to step up in competition. I want to see him fight your boy, Adrien Bronner.

- Cowboys need to avoid any guys with red flags this offseason. There really wasn't a payoff for their risky decisions last year.

- Best case scenario, Texas names a starting QB after the spring game. I think Gilbert needs to find a guy he can pour into this offseason.
Yup, no Nkemdiche...lifestyle choices have consequences.

I'd be lying if I said it that wasn't that type of mental error/mistake that has me wondering if he'll ever get a title. I love KD but at this point it's not hard to continue to question his Alpha Dog cred.
It has to cross everyone's mind, but LeBron has had some regrettable moments as well. You just have to cross the bridge once.

I'm with ya

It has to cross everyone's mind, but LeBron has had some regrettable moments as well. You just have to cross the bridge once.
I think it's a mistake. A regular season mistake, albeit in a very big game. As you said, a regrettable moment. I've seen KD drill enough late game daggers that I don't doubt his alpha male status. If they had one more scorer on that team, who could play defense, they'd be scary.

Great stuff Ketch. Enjoyed it. This is UT as it should be. Dominating in all sports.

Regarding Shaka, I'm sweating out three bluebloods: UK, UNC and Duke. Maybe the NBA too.

If you've got a number four pick you use it on a QB, unless there really are none. But you don't announce it at this point.

I think it's a mistake. A regular season mistake, albeit in a very big game. As you said, a regrettable moment. I've seen KD drill enough late game daggers that I don't doubt his alpha male status. If they had one more scorer on that team, who could play defense, they'd be scary.
I mean he drained the three seven seconds earlier that made it a four-point game. I'm with you on this, but I get where RLong is coming from.

Reactions: HuffTex
If you've got a number four pick you use it on a QB, unless there really are none. But you don't announce it at this point.
I don't buy any of the guys there at No.4. I think their value is being inflated because of the position.

Reactions: cordpetee
It doesn't have to be one or the other. From schools to health clinics to a number of basic rights, that community doesn't need to be on just one thing at a time.

On top of that, focus is needed on more than just things that a group of non-blacks can point to and pretend to not have any hand in what's happening.

You'll excuse me if, "We'll get to that other stuff as soon as blacks stop killing each other" isn't a line I'm going to buy. It's sloppy, faulty thinking.

We are already pouring tons of money into these areas and the violence undoes the good that is done. Nothing will improve until the culture of violence is stopped. Sociologically speaking, poverty does not begat violence but violence insures poverty. That is not faulty thinking.

We are already pouring tons of money into these areas and the violence undoes the good that is done. Nothing will improve until the culture of violence is stopped. Sociologically speaking, poverty does not begat violence but violence insures poverty. That is not faulty thinking.
There's no getting around the silliness that is trying to approach problems in that city without attacking multiple issues on multiple fronts, all at the same time.

Again, you're not going to hoodwink me with the, "No reason to even try focusing on anything else until blacks stop killing blacks" line of thinking for about a million reasons.

Reactions: Dogged Horn
I don't buy any of the guys there at No.4. I think their value is being inflated because of the position.

I understand your point but Dallas won't have a number four pick again soon and they need to be planning the QB succession, they'll be lucky if Roma finishes the season, much less lasts much beyond it. Goff I believe is a reasonable risk for the number four pick--I'd consider switching with Tennessee to ensure beating Creeblund for Goff. Course you'd have to add something, but maybe not too much.

DLs and CBs just aren't number four picks for value long-term. Nothing really rivals QB in that respect, and OL would likely be second for value, even with the line Dallas currently has.

But I get your point about there not being a Marino/Brady-esque sure fire QB. But that is often/usually the case.

I understand your point but Dallas won't have a number four pick again soon and they need to be planning the QB succession, they'll be lucky if Roma finishes the season, much less lasts much beyond it. Goff I believe is a reasonable risk for the number four pick--I'd consider switching with Tennessee to ensure beating Creeblund for Goff. Course you'd have to add something, but maybe not too much.

DLs and CBs just aren't number four picks for value long-term. Nothing really rivals QB in that respect, and OL would likely be second for value, even with the line Dallas currently has.

But I get your point about there not being a Marino/Brady-esque sure fire QB. But that is often/usually the case.
I totally understand your point, but I'm telling you that Dallas is still all-in on Romo. ALL-IN.

There's no getting around the silliness that is trying to approach problems in that city without attacking multiple issues on multiple fronts, all at the same time.

Again, you're not going to hoodwink me with the, "No reason to even try focusing on anything else until blacks stop killing blacks" line of thinking for about a million reasons.
Have you read "Gang Leader For A Day"? If not you should, it provides some fascinating insight into Chicago's violence issues. As with most modern problems, there are layers upon layers that need to be addressed, regardless of one's individual political leanings.

I totally understand your point, but I'm telling you that Dallas is still all-in on Romo. ALL-IN.
Ketch, as a diehard Cowboys fan, Jones' stupidity as a general manager knows no bounds. Saying Romo has another 4-5 years is ****ing ludicrous. I respect his accomplishments as an owner and his business savvy as a marketer are second to none. But he has to be THE WORST GM in pro football history. He makes the same mistakes over and over. He knows jack shit about team building, he doesn't value character or substance but only flash. He can't draft or evaluate talent at all. Bringing on Hardy last year was... There are no words. Incompetent?

Reactions: DanielSucks
EWF Greatest Hits is one of my top two or three albums of all time. I can listen to it for hours on end.

I agree that we need to do everything possible to keep Shaka. You can just tell what a special coach he is.

ADVERTISEMENT