ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A moment of great opportunity...)

@Ketchum

Question about this - “100 million X 10 years. That's the number I've heard mentioned to me this weekend with regards to a contract Meyer would desire.”

Are you suggesting that negotiations are taking place or where did you come up with this number?

Reactions: dsutton_85
What are the issues?

His family.
His health.

Those were the obvious ones why he stepped away from Florida and OSU. At least the official reasons other than controversies regarding the former Gator felons and Zach Smith.

Reactions: Boneinhorn
Sure. As I said above, I hear $8mm is number, but that is not the issue.

Is the hurdle how to ensure both sides are protected should Meyer need to step away for health reasons, allowing him to exit if need be while not leaving everybody with their pants down?

Optics always had most people believing the health concerns, while real, were also 'convenient' and that Meyer wouldn't have left Florida or OSU had there never been scandals. I kind of hope that is true, because if he comes here, I want him to stay here for a long time and not have to leave in a few years because the stress triggers symptoms and health problems.

CDC knows UM is the first and only option for him. Any other coach may turn out to be great, time will tell, but he would not get fired for hiring UM. Any other coach who does not pan out would be out the door with CDC right behind him. CDC will use his very strong fund raising skills to make sure the armored truck is ready to backup to UM’s house.

CDC knows UM is the first and only option for him. Any other coach may turn out to be great, time will tell, but he would not get fired for hiring UM. Any other coach who does not pan out would be out the door with CDC right behind him. CDC will use his very strong fund raising skills to make sure the armored truck is ready to backup to UM’s house.

Agreed. If UM failed here, unless it was due to some unforeseen circumstances that CDC caused (which is unlikely), nobody would blame CDC. Now if he hires Matt Cambell...

Reactions: BigSkyHorn
So how did things break down between Del Conte and Herman again? I think I read it had something to do with Herman telling a reporter that Del Conte had not instructed him to have the team stay for the Eyes when that was not the truth, but I am not certain that is correct.

The last thing I’m going to do, is have any faith this program will do anything other than be mediocre - they’re going to have to show me again and again before I ever drink any kook-aid again.

I don’t think anything saves Herman, but the fact that there isn’t a viable option after Urban is a major problem. You don’t get Urban you are going to commit 5-6 years and $30m plus to another hope and prayer hire. There isn’t even a CTH type guy to go get right now.
Recruiting is such that the only way to save 2022 and potentially 2023 without Urban is to still make change. IOt has to happen, even if it's more hope than anything else.

I’m still LoLing Snoop singing church hymns last night. Snoop has a future gig in play by play boxing/UFC

Reactions: OrangeMGB
I get the Ewers buy without the Brockermeyers buy. 2021 is just over; 2022 is a different story and can still be salvaged.

Reactions: MB-HORNS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT