ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A moment of great opportunity...)

I hope UM has realized that Saban will likely retire during Meyer's tenure here. Dabo will either keep Clemson humming or move over to Alabama, and Ryan Day seems like the real deal but nobody is replacing Saban on Mt Rushmore for a long time. But, Meyer could have a shot at unseating him, and wouldn't have to compete against him.

Just so many timing advantages with this thing. If we cannot pull it off, it will be the biggest missed opportunity in coaching ever.

Reactions: OzarkHorn
This feels like the perfect storm. There are so many things that line up for Texas to make this happen. At all cost we desperately need Urban Meyer. Imagine a world where a coach that successful has the full backing of the Titan that is the Texas Longhorns. It would be perfect to open recruiting and next season in a brand new state of the art football facility. It’s the only thing that puts Texas right in the mix with the regional powers and the national powers alike. Let’s hope one bounces our way for once.

I’m disappointed that no Italians are in your top 10 list. Maldini or Franco Baresi?

72CAA7AD-9D0E-4CFC-9867-3FF4EE2710AA.jpg

So how did things break down between Del Conte and Herman again? I think I read it had something to do with Herman telling a reporter that Del Conte had not instructed him to have the team stay for the Eyes when that was not the truth, but I am not certain that is correct.
It's a string of things that happened together.

a. It started with the demands that Herman was perceived to help cultivate with the march in the summer. The Eyes thing that followed was seen by alums as something Herman helped created and CDC didn't get in control of.

b. Obviously, the OU game fisasco falling directly after the TCU game fiasco was another set of events that CDC felt Herman should and could have prevented. Neither man has truly answered questions about the miscommunication and directives from this stretch of time.

c. It's out in the universe that CDC felt that criticism of his job performance was a plant by Herman, which is how three head coaches were all allowed to put out statements on the same day supporting Herman and undercutting their coaching colleague. The feeling was this was set up by CDC as a response to the "hit" he felt Herman put out.

It's basically a lot of drama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT