ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A moment of great opportunity...)

No. 8 - Scattershooting on the world of sports ...

... Every time I see a Tweet about Alabama football, it feels like a taunt towards Texas football.

... Nick Saban has never been more relatable.

... Of course, hours after I heard Mario Cristoboa's name mentioned to me by Anwar on Saturday night, his team gives up 22 fourth-quarter points to Oregon State in a loss. That was chef's kiss perfect, right?

... That A&M/LSU game set football back 100 years, but Isaiah Spiller can flat out ball. He was worth hanging in that game to watch when nothing else really was.

... Damn the injury gods for taking out Michael Penix Jr. on Saturday with the Wisconsin game looming this week. That was uncalled for.

... So, this is why Derek Mason just lost his job ...

... Fantasy football can kiss my grits.

... I enjoyed not having to watch Dallas on Sunday.

... Is Ryan Tannehill the best pro quarterback that either Texas or Texas A&M has produced this century?

... We're likely going to get Baker Mayfield in a playoff game in six of seven weeks ....

... The Broncos really started a practice squad wide receiver at quarterback this week and I literally started him in fantasy as a desperate Hail Mary attempt. We both got what we deserved.

... Premier League thoughts: Liverpool would win this league by 30 points if it was anywhere close to being healthy. It's just a matter of whether the Reds can survive the race at this point. Nice win by United. It keeps Ole around for a little while longer, which means that everyone was a winner. Arsenal fans, you sure you got the right dude?

No. 9 - The List: Maradona among the all-time greats ...

Full transparency: Up until this week, I've been in the "Messi is the Goat" camp when talking about the greatest soccer players of all-time.

Yet, the passing of Diego Maradona this week has made me reconsider my thoughts.

Then I saw this video, all from a single World Cup and I've re-ranked my list.

10. Eusebio
9. George Best
8. Zinedine Zidane
7. Franz Beckenbauer
6. Cristiano Ronaldo
5. Ronaldo
4. Johan Cruyff
3. Pele
2. Lionel Messi
1. Diego Maradona

No.10 - And finally ...

I want Snoop calling Monday Night Football. Can we please make this happen?

Also, I'll watch former NBA players fight Youtube stars every week if you put it in front of me and Snoop is on the call.

[/QUOTE]

Very good Sunday write up. Not much to chat about anymore. I have two questions though:

1. What is the biggest coaching error being made by TH? I know there are more than one. But if we had to choose the challenge above all challenges what is it?

2. Who is a GOOD new coaching hire plan B? Please don’t say Stoops or Cristobal. They are not a plan B material. I don’t have a good answer but it would be nice to have a top 5 list.
[/QUOTE]
1. The hire of Beck as his OC and not replacing him after year one.

2. Brian Kelly?

I’ve been on this board since the early 2000’s and the house of cards you’re building up here is epic and WWE worthy.

I’m not saying you’re the cause, but you’re the kindling. I understand it; posters click F5 and frantically read post after post, waiting for confirmation the messiah is coming to save the program, but it’s all a tease—a real estate agent looking for houses in Austin, a suggestion that no mention of Texas on a Fox pre/post game is meaningful, etc...it’s all a farce.

We haven’t even fired our current coach yet at a cost of over $15 million during a global pandemic where we just let go of a number of full-time athletic staff. That, in itself, is a monumental problem, much less spending another $80 to $100 million for one of the greatest coaches of all time.

I love Texas, I’m a second generation alum, but the expectations here are not realistic, IMO. And Ketch is just fueling the fire. Granted, I might too if I owned the site, but let me be the voice of reason and practicality—UM to Texas isn’t happening. Just trying to add some practicality to this nonsense, as some of us have been around here long enough to remember histoey
How can you have any level of certainty that he’s coming or not coming? None of us know shit

to foreclose the possibility with no information just seems weird

I’ve been on this board since the early 2000’s and the house of cards you’re building up here is epic and WWE worthy.

I’m not saying you’re the cause, but you’re the kindling. I understand it; posters click F5 and frantically read post after post, waiting for confirmation the messiah is coming to save the program, but it’s all a tease—a real estate agent looking for houses in Austin, a suggestion that no mention of Texas on a Fox pre/post game is meaningful, etc...it’s all a farce.

We haven’t even fired our current coach yet at a cost of over $15 million during a global pandemic where we just let go of a number of full-time athletic staff. That, in itself, is a monumental problem, much less spending another $80 to $100 million for one of the greatest coaches of all time.

I love Texas, I’m a second generation alum, but the expectations here are not realistic, IMO. And Ketch is just fueling the fire. Granted, I might too if I owned the site, but let me be the voice of reason and practicality—UM to Texas isn’t happening. Just trying to add some practicality to this nonsense, as some of us have been around here long enough to remember histoey
when have I ever been known for being the kindling? There are sites that have sold fantasies over the years and we're forever the voice of reason.

I think it's naive to be overconfident. If that feels like an oversell, I guess I can't win. 🤷‍♂️

Very good Sunday write up. Not much to chat about anymore. I have two questions though:

1. What is the biggest coaching error being made by TH? I know there are more than one. But if we had to choose the challenge above all challenges what is it?

2. Who is a GOOD new coaching hire plan B? Please don’t say Stoops or Cristobal. They are not a plan B material. I don’t have a good answer but it would be nice to have a top 5 list.
[/QUOTE]

2. Brian Kelly?
[/QUOTE]

He would leave ND for the money at UT?

2. Brian Kelly?
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
I don't know, but would that move your meter?

2. Brian Kelly?

Why isn't a national championship winning head coach an option?

It’s truly sad when the most exciting aspect of Texas football the past 10 years is firing and hiring of coaches. I want it to stop. I want to believe this is going to happen.

This is why you make bigtime hires when you're a bigtime program. It's one thing to take a chance on an up and comer. Its another to keep doing it.

When you have a chance to make a bigtime move you take it. Worrying about optics doesn't count in sports.

Texas needs to win now. Everyone around them is kicking their asses one way or another. Texas football doesn't even matter in its own state, forget nationally. That can easily change pretty much overnight

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT