ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Addressing Tom Herman and Ohio State ...)

Buckle up. My twin boys are 2.5 now and it’s been a rocky road. Pretty awesome now though!
Once you get to three and they become little people instead of babies, it gets to be a lot of fun. First 30 months are rough, no way to get around it.

Oh, it was honorable mention, if I had listed honorable mention.
Could you add Stefan D to the rivals database, as a DB prospect for year 1985(?), just as a gag?

With offers from Purdue, Stanford was it?

Or would the Rivals data quality hounds come knocking someday?

He said that coaches can't be trusted.

He included Herman in that because he's a liar by definition of his job.

When people started talking about, he came over here to argue for himself.

It didn't go well.

Actually, what incensed people the most was the high disingenuous query suggesting that it was inappropriate for a reporter to indicate publicly that a specific person accused of being the reporter's source was in fact not his source. This most unfortunate and highly inaccurate query was the result of McMurphy's correctly revealing that Herman in fact was not his source on the Smith story, refuting Snook's prior irresponsible direct assertion that Herman was the source for McMurphy's revelations about Smith. It was a totally gratuitous supposed question based upon an incorrect assumption re journalistic ethics, and it did not go over well...as it shouldn't have.

It's amazing that every single person who went had this experience. Being a piece of shit must just be deeply ingrained in their culture.
You have fingered the right element: we hear a lot about culture these days. This is a classic culture problem. There is a culture of hatefulness at that school that borders on evil. For there to be such widespread ugliness, to the point of routine verbal and physical assault so bad that cops don't even try to stop or curtail it, and as such a built-in part of the typical football experience at OSU is nothing short of a social sickness. Not only is it not difficult to imagine why we are now treated to the current Meyer scandal, with all the resultant OSU fanboy insanity and outright defamation, it helps to explain how things got so rotten in Columbus, and why Urban Meyer is the perfect cultural fit there.

This really is a pivotal time for that university: it must choose between continuing the sickness in all its forms, with excuses, waves of PR, rationalization and finger pointing outward or drawing [finally] a line in the sand and crying, "Enough!" and starting the long way back to ethical living and decency. This is nothing less than a fight over the soul of that institution. Sadly, big time athletics being what it is and the culture being as ingrained as it is, I am not optimistic. This really does transcend school allegiances, rivalry and competition; this is about baseline morality, and morality may come in second place once again.

Reactions: TD TX TD VY
Actually, what incensed people the most was the high disingenuous query suggesting that it was inappropriate for a reporter to indicate publicly that a specific person accused of being the reporter's source was in fact not his source. This most unfortunate and highly inaccurate query was the result of McMurphy's correctly revealing that Herman in fact was not his source on the Smith story, refuting Snook's prior irresponsible direct assertion that Herman was the source for McMurphy's revelations about Smith. It was a totally gratuitous supposed question based upon an incorrect assumption re journalistic ethics, and it did not go over well...as it shouldn't have.
He spoke too loosely. No question about it. I think that goes with not having a dog in the fight. I don't think many outside of the Longhorns universe would have taken note, though.

Who would lead the charge? They’re ALL that way. Admin/alumni/students ALL of them. Investigators will have to dig up a lot of dirt to get him fired. These acts alone will not.

Who would lead the charge? They’re ALL that way. Admin/alumni/students ALL of them. Investigators will have to dig up a lot of dirt to get him fired. These acts alone will not.
Cockroaches hate the light.

The light has arrived. There's no getting away from it.

8e5efc49a9231c0a9bd9eb29bf11e099c5.jpg

Color me very confused. I keep reading by the writers at Orangeblood about how great this team is going to be now that Herman is finally getting his guys in place and trying to make a difference. But then I read here about how totally suckie-poo the offense is that it is going to be about another 7-5 maybe 8-4 season at best. So which is it? I am getting some mixed signals on prognostication here. What's really up?

“Edge of Tomorrow” was great too.

Basically Sci-Fi Groundhog Day. One of my favorite comedies mixed with one of my favorite genres.

Tom Cruise is one of those weird people who seems really unlikable in real life but manages to always play really likable characters.

I legitimately wonder how @Ketchum leaves All The Right Moves off the list. On a football board. For a movie based around teenage sex, and the perils and pitfalls of football recruiting?

Not even an honorable mention?

3 Star Ampipe, PA CB Stefan Djordjovic was an emergent character in the arc of American film.

Some of us talk more than football on this board. No wonder Shaka Smart can continue to get paid at Texas.

Color me very confused. I keep reading by the writers at Orangeblood about how great this team is going to be now that Herman is finally getting his guys in place and trying to make a difference. But then I read here about how totally suckie-poo the offense is that it is going to be about another 7-5 maybe 8-4 season at best. So which is it? I am getting some mixed signals on prognostication here. What's really up?
You really aren't getting mixed signals. I've been incredibly consistent with my projections for this team. So have the other writers.

“Edge of Tomorrow” was great too.

Basically Sci-Fi Groundhog Day. One of my favorite comedies mixed with one of my favorite genres.

Tom Cruise is one of those weird people who seems really unlikable in real life but manages to always play really likable characters.
No one does bullshitter better than he does.

Link? I haven’t read from a single writer on here how great this team is going to be; only that it has potential if the offense turns the corner.

Link? I haven’t read from a single writer on here how great this team is going to be; only that it has potential if the offense turns the corner.
Yeah well lets just say that I remain cautiously pessimistic because I have heard all the hype before, especially when Charlie Strong was coaching at UT and when they first hired Thom Herman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT