ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (An open letter to Sark)

Correct, he averaged a whopping 7.1 yards per attempt and had zero touchdowns. It was a season low on yards and touchdowns for a guy who had a 203 season rating. Could it be that the 3 high defense was a problem for him passing the ball?
I mean... it was 38-3 at halftime.

How big of a problem do we think it was?

Saban likely had the parking break on because he could.

I'm not saying the defense isn't problematic. I'm saying it's not the boogie man.

Reactions: badboy783
I mean... it was 38-3 at halftime.

How big of a problem do we think it was?

Saban likely had the parking break on because he could.

I'm not saying the defense isn't problematic. I'm saying it's not the boogie man.
For having the parking break on he sure threw it an awful lot. Nonetheless this defense has been a problem for Sark and it will be a talking point until it stops being his kryptonite

For having the parking break on he sure threw it an awful lot. Nonetheless this defense has been a problem for Sark and it will be a talking point until it stops being his kryptonite
I'm just saying it's been his kryptonite while he's had shitty quarterbacking.

If Alabama-game Ewers shows up, it won't be an issue.

Wyoming was a well coached team. I watched them beat Tech. Our team was very flat the first half. I thought they were still tired and probably stiff ,from the effort of beating Alabama. Alabama also looked flat in their game. I hope that our team doesn't look ahead. Just focus on the next game. We have the talent to win them all. If we think that Baylor will be an easy game because of a past game, we will loose. Simple as that!

I'm just saying it's been his kryptonite while he's had shitty quarterbacking.

If Alabama-game Ewers shows up, it won't be an issue.
Agreed but I still think the Mac Jones datapoint suggests this defense really throws Sark a curve ball in the passing game

Wyoming was a well coached team. I watched them beat Tech. Our team was very flat the first half. I thought they were still tired and probably stiff ,from the effort of beating Alabama. Alabama also looked flat in their game. I hope that our team doesn't look ahead. Just focus on the next game. We have the talent to win them all. If we think that Baylor will be an easy game because of a past game, we will loose. Simple as that!
I didn't think Texas was flat. I just didn't think it executed, but they were emotionally into the game IMO.

Agreed but I still think the Mac Jones datapoint suggests this defense really throws Sark a curve ball in the passing game
You might be right. I'm giving him unearned credit, I suppose.

I just keep thinking, "This guy has been a coordinator in the NFL. Surely, this isn't a thing he struggles with."

Reactions: Williamhill2034

I just keep thinking, "This guy has been a coordinator in the NFL. Surely, this isn't a thing he struggles with."
I don't understand why nobody has asked him about it specifically in a press conference. He'd probably give some coach-speak answer about execution and preparation, but I don't think anybody has brought it up?

Playing offense in a phone booth by choice is an insane idea.

Quinn’s comments on it made me feel like it’s more than just another day at the office.

I don't understand why nobody has asked him about it specifically in a press conference. He'd probably give some coach-speak answer about execution and preparation, but I don't think anybody has brought it up?

Playing offense in a phone booth by choice is an insane idea.
Someone hinted at it in the PC, but didn't come right out and ask about it directly.

That's ominous.
I thought he’d give a much more generic answer than he did. He didn’t get into details but what he said was a bit telling because he could have just said “execution, blah blah blah we all have to do our jobs.”

It’s kind of like saying it’s hard to run the ball against a Bear front. The answer is kind of already there.

It’s not just that Sark struggles with it, or that his offensive scheme is inept, it’s that in general, passing games struggle with it. Literally the whole reason the defense is constricted the way it is was to stop spread offenses and RPO’s.

I don’t think it’s as big a deal TBH. O-line maturity, route running, accuracy. Execute those 3 and you have a great day.

Reactions: Ketchum
10. Misery and Gin

My favorite song from the outstanding Back to the Barrooms album.

Remember seeing/hearing this song for the first time when I saw "Bronco Billy" (1980). Merle and the Strangers sing it during the big bar fight. Although with the editing it sure seems like they started over a few times.

A flawed but interesting movie that is Clint's most personal.

Reactions: more_bourbon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT