ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Can the state of Texas be what UT wants it to be?)

1. Yeah, man...

2. Good question.

3. No way Brady makes that throw rolling left near the sideline 50 yards down the field. One man makes that throw. Maybe ever.
Maybe John Elway can make that throw. Elway actually had a stronger arm than ANYONE in his prime.

However, I've never seen a QB able to make powerful and accurate throws without having to set his feet, like Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers' extraordinary vision and lighting quick release, while throwing off his back foot or on the move, without having to step into the throw, is mind-boggling, one of a kind.

Joe Montana was graceful and made playing NFL QB look easy. Aaron Rodgers makes playing QB look even easier. It's pure artistry, like watching Michael Jordan play basketball or Barry Bonds hit the baseball in their prime.

50 yard throw, the bs is getting really deep.

Hell of a play, no doubt.

35 years from now, if the NFL is still replaying that pass by AR, then maybe one of the "top throws".... but that throw didn't win the game, it just gave Crosby the chance to win it with his foot.

AR is a baller but not GOAT.
a.It was 40+. You gonna quibble me on a few yards?

b. He doesn't have the resume of Brady or Montana, but we've never seen a player do what he does.

a.It was 40+. You gonna quibble me on a few yards?

b. He doesn't have the resume of Brady or Montana, but we've never seen a player do what he does.

A. Won't quibble, but it wasn't 40+ either. Thinking closer to 35. Again, heck of a play.

B. He buys time like no other, that is for sure. Also is the luckiest SOB when it comes to last second Hail Mary's. He makes Doug Flutie blush.

No. 10 - And finally …

While I was wallowing in pity on Sunday night in the aftermath of the Dallas loss, I learned that my best friend in high school had a mini-stroke on Saturday and is at UT-Galveston undergoing tests after losing feeling in the left side of his body for a while.

Hug your loved ones. Never take a second of life for granted. In the grand scheme, sports is just a little thing.

Your last Statement cannot be over stressed enough!!!
Oct 30 found my best friend sprawled on her bed with what was the beginning of a massive stroke which eventually diagnosed as a massive Brain hemorrhage. She was officially pronounced brain dead Nov 1. If it weren't for my family, friends, my rabbi's, this community, I would have been in very bad shape emotionally and mentally..
May G-d bless you all !!

Please don't ever leave a family member, friend or acquaintance with a bad word or anger. You may never have the chance to say I am sorry, or love you, again.

Thanks, Geoff for the reminder.

'Rabbi' Rick.

A. Won't quibble, but it wasn't 40+ either. Thinking closer to 35. Again, heck of a play.

B. He buys time like no other, that is for sure. Also is the luckiest SOB when it comes to last second Hail Mary's. He makes Doug Flutie blush.
It was a 35-yard gain. He was about 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. 40 yards. Doesn't change anything.

Again, rolls left, throws across his body and throws a 40-yard dart on a line.

@Ketchum

Did you have a chance to see Hacksaw Ridge?
Still hasn't happened. The wife and I were going to see it at 1pm on Friday, but realized I got the theaters mixed up and it as really showing at 12:20. WE ended up seeing Hidden Figures at 1:15.

This week, I hope.

Tom Brady on Monday:

“I think he does things that no one in the league has ever done, or can do, just because of his physical ability,” Brady said on WEEI. “Some of the plays he makes are just phenomenal.”

Brady said he makes a point of watching the Packers, even if they’re on late and he has an early practice the next day.

“Everything really looks effortless with him, which is the amazing part. He’s definitely working hard, but he’s making hard look easy; it’s a very effortless style he plays with. The velocity of the ball, the placement of the ball, I mean, he’s just an incredible player. He works very hard at it, he’s a very talented player, and he’s just having an incredible season. I always love watching his tape, admiring the things he can do, because I can’t do many of those things. . . . Whenever he’s on, I usually stay up and watch.”

It was a 35-yard gain. He was about 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. 40 yards. Doesn't change anything.

Again, rolls left, throws across his body and throws a 40-yard dart on a line.
With just a flick of the wrist!

I was at the game Sunday, 22 rows up from the field. Watching Rodgers make great decisions, see the whole field, roll out of the pocket and make pinpoint laser beam throws, one right after the other, from close up in person was simply awe inspiring to watch as much as it was painful for me as a diehard Cowboy fan to see.

Whether or not he is the GOAT, he is clearly in the GOAT discussion and was at the absolute top of his game on Sunday. A generally superior Cowboy Team at home in front of an incredibly inspired crowd, was simply schooled by one person. And you just don't see that happen at the NFL playoff level these days.

… Get your popcorn ready: Cleveland at Golden State on Monday night.

....not so much if you like Cleveland

… Given the line-up issues Liverpool dealt with on Sunday, ranging from FIFA messing with Joel Matip to the Africa Cup stealing Sadio Mane to injury issues keeping Nathaniel Clyne and Philippe Coutinho out of the starting line-up, I should probably be happy with getting a point at Manchester United on Sunday, but after leading into the 84th minute, it felt like we gave away another two points. Bah, humbug.

What is this 'we' stuff?

Good luck. I really enjoyed the movie. We watch 20 plus movies a year at theater and no telling how many at home and it had me emotionally drained by the end.
It was really good. Wiped away tears at the end.

I was at the game Sunday, 22 rows up from the field. Watching Rodgers make great decisions, see the whole field, roll out of the pocket and make pinpoint laser beam throws, one right after the other, from close up in person was simply awe inspiring to watch as much as it was painful for me as a diehard Cowboy fan to see.

Whether or not he is the GOAT, he is clearly in the GOAT discussion and was at the absolute top of his game on Sunday. A generally superior Cowboy Team at home in front of an incredibly inspired crowd, was simply schooled by one person. And you just don't see that happen at the NFL playoff level these days.
Damnit, Rodgers!

I brought Klopp with me.

Didn't know you've ever stepped foot in Liverpool....

throne_of_lies_elf.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT