ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Can the state of Texas be what UT wants it to be?)

Please explain in what way were any of those scenarios different?
You mean, other than the fact that one team had more than a minute more of game clock to work with, was on the wrong side of the 30-yard line and needed several low-percentage plays to overcome its clock management issues with the time and timeouts it had to work with?

That kind of explaining?;)

The Cowboys had about 50 seconds left and with the team already in field goal lock range, scoring a touchdown became paramount. In that situation, having three plays instead of two is critical to achieving the goal of scoring a touchdown. The Cowboys actually got to the line so quickly, that they easily could have slowed down, ran a play and still had 40+ seconds on the clock.

If you’re Texas and the overwhelming percentage of your players comes from your home state, what do you do when the home state doesn’t produce game-changing talent … say at offensive line … or tight end … or defensive tackle … or linebacker?
The state of Texas produced a 5 star DT, a 5 star OL, and a 5 star LB this year. Texas just wasn't able to recruit any of them. That's the scary part

It really is a beautiful and power film. My wife, who considers herself to be very Christian and has a father who was a missionary, was really impacted emotionally by it.
Damn I want to see that. It hasn't made its way to my local Cinemarks or Carmike yet. This is the movie I want to see foremost.

You mean, other than the fact that one team had more than a minute more of game clock to work with, was on the wrong side of the 30-yard line and needed several low-percentage plays to overcome its clock management issues with the time and timeouts it had to work with?

That kind of explaining?;)

The Cowboys had about 50 seconds left and with the team already in field goal lock range, scoring a touchdown became paramount. In that situation, having three plays instead of two is critical to achieving the goal of scoring a touchdown. The Cowboys actually got to the line so quickly, that they easily could have slowed down, ran a play and still had 40+ seconds on the clock.

Clemson got the ball back with the opportunity to take a go ahead score with under 2 minutes left in the game. They were criticized by you for scoring with a second left which gave Bama no time. Dallas got the ball with 1:33 seconds left to tie, or win the game, and they ended up leaving 30 seconds left on the clock.

Both teams needed to move the length of the field because they came after a kickoff by the other team. Both had the opportunity to drain the clock and make that the last possession of the game. Both could play for the fg and both could go for a TD to win.

So I'm not sure if you got forgot some pf what happened in each game, but both teams had more then one minute, not one. Both were on the wrong side of the 30. Both were needing low percentage plays to work. Do you want me to link the Clemson game tracker?

So again not seeing the apples to oranges. You couldn't be more similiar unless they were the same games. No football game is exactly like it's counterpart but the ending of those games were exactly the same, including starting spot, time, yards to gain, etc.

Clemson got the ball back with the opportunity to take a go ahead score with under 2 minutes left in the game. They were criticized by you for scoring with a second left which gave Bama no time. Dallas got the ball with 1:33 seconds left to tie, or win the game, and they ended up leaving 30 seconds left on the clock.

Both teams needed to move the length of the field because they came after a kickoff by the other team. Both had the opportunity to drain the clock and make that the last possession of the game. Both could play for the fg and both could go for a TD to win.

So I'm not sure if you got forgot some pf what happened in each game, but both teams had more then one minute, not one. Both were on the wrong side of the 30. Both were needing low percentage plays to work. Do you want me to link the Clemson game tracker?

So again not seeing the apples to oranges. You couldn't be more similiar unless they were the same games. No football game is exactly like it's counterpart but the ending of those games were exactly the same, including starting spot, time, yards to gain, etc.
a. That's not what I thought Clemson did wrong.

b. It couldn't be any more apples to oranges than those two situations.

If you agree going in, then how can you demonstratively say our talent is better? Seems like a self defeating argument. How declared we have better talent?
Not sure what you are saying.
I believe we should beat errbody where we have better talent this year.
We have better talent than all opponents EXCEPT USC for sure and OU maybe

If you agree going in, then how can you demonstratively say our talent is better? Seems like a self defeating argument. How declared we have better talent?
I was agreeing that 8-4 would be a disappointment IMO.
Don't you think we should do better than 8-4 based on talent and that we now have real coaches ??

Not sure what you are saying.
I believe we should beat errbody where we have better talent this year.
We have better talent than all opponents EXCEPT USC for sure and OU maybe

My question is how/why did you come up with the conclusion that we have more talent than everyone in the Big12 but OU. We went 5-7 and got beat by Kansas and then scorched by TCU. If we had that kind of talent, we should have beaten Kansas with the 3rd string wearing blindfolds.

1. Yeah, man...

2. Good question.

3. No way Brady makes that throw rolling left near the sideline 50 yards down the field. One man makes that throw. Maybe ever.
Elway is the only other qb that could roll left and still toss a dart, Rodgers reminded me of Elway several times yesterday.

Elway is the only other qb that could roll left and still toss a dart, Rodgers reminded me of Elway several times yesterday.
Elway didn't throw straight lasers that Rodgers can, with the accuracy that Rodgers can. I don't think there's enough appreciation for the line he threw that ball on and the pinpoint accuracy he threw it with.

That ball arrived a half-foot inside the sideline, which made it easy for Cook. His words, not mine.

I was agreeing that 8-4 would be a disappointment IMO.
Don't you think we should do better than 8-4 based on talent and that we now have real coaches ??

I'm on the record for an 8-4 season, but it 80% on Herman and his coaches, NOT on talent. We have a lot of rebuilding to do there. I also think there is a better shot at 7-5 than 9-3. Everything has to "align" for Herman to get 8 wins with this group of players. There is a lot more "unlearning" needed than learning. So much to do, so little time.

Elway didn't throw straight lasers that Rodgers can, with the accuracy that Rodgers can. I don't think there's enough appreciation for the line he threw that ball on and the pinpoint accuracy he threw it with.

That ball arrived a half-foot inside the sideline, which made it easy for Cook. His words, not mine.
Agree to disagree, Elway had the strongest arm I've seen. Rodgers was damned special and fun to watch yesterday.

Agree to disagree, Elway had the strongest arm I've seen. Rodgers was damned special and fun to watch yesterday.
Find me the video where Elway ever made that kind of throw. It has to be on film, right?

My question is how/why did you come up with the conclusion that we have more talent than everyone in the Big12 but OU. We went 5-7 and got beat by Kansas and then scorched by TCU. If we had that kind of talent, we should have beaten Kansas with the 3rd string wearing blindfolds.
So, it is your position that ours was a talent problem ....not a coaching problem?
All of our last 5 classes came in universally higher ranked than anyone on our schedule except USC.
Once here, it wasn't developed or coached well.

I'm on the record for an 8-4 season, but it 80% on Herman and his coaches, NOT on talent. We have a lot of rebuilding to do there. I also think there is a better shot at 7-5 than 9-3. Everything has to "align" for Herman to get 8 wins with this group of players. There is a lot more "unlearning" needed than learning. So much to do, so little time.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Find me the video where Elway ever made that kind of throw. It has to be on film, right?
No need, your mind is made and I'm not that interested. Should've watched more football in the 80's and 90's.

No need, your mind is made and I'm not that interested. Should've watched more football in the 80's and 90's.
lulz ok.

That's the kind of thing someone says when they run out of evidence.

Elway had an a cannon. I still vividly remember a throw he made in a 1989 pre-season game against Dallas when he rolled right and threw across his body a 60-yard bomb that made my mouth water.

But, there was never a day in Elway's life when he was as accurate as Rodgers. Not a day.

Rodgers rolled left, stopped and threw across his body a 50-yard line drive rope that was within a 6-inch radius of what the ball needed to be.

Given the circumstances, it's one of the top throws in the history of the game.

Two questions:

a. Do you know Elway's career efficiency.
b. Do you know his career pass completion percentage?

answers

a. More than 25 points below Rodgers
b. Less than 57-percent

The evidence of Elway's inaccuracy is the high volume of interceptions. (226 in 234 games)

Rodgers' career INT percentage is 1.5.

Elway had an a cannon. I still vividly remember a throw he made in a 1989 pre-season game against Dallas when he rolled right and threw across his body a 60-yard bomb that made my mouth water.

But, there was never a day in Elway's life when he was as accurate as Rodgers. Not a day.

Rodgers rolled left, stopped and threw across his body a 50-yard line drive rope that was within a 6-inch radius of what the ball needed to be.

Two questions:

a. Do you know Elway's career efficiency.
b. Do you know his career pass completion percentage?

answers

a. More than 25 points below Rodgers
b. Less than 57-percent

The evidence of Elway's inaccuracy is the high volume of interceptions. (226 in 234 games)

Rodgers' career INT percentage is 1.5.
Totally different game back then and stats are very inflated now. You asked who could be athletic enough to make that throw and I gave an opinion. I wasn't taking anything away from Rodgers, he's an incredible talent as proven by having to go back 20+ years to even think about somebody capable of making that throw.

Reactions: DanielSucks
Totally different game back then and stats are very inflated now. You asked who could be athletic enough to make that throw and I gave an opinion. I wasn't taking anything away from Rodgers, he's an incredible talent as proven by having to go back 20+ years to even think about somebody capable of making that throw.
But, Elway didn't have a history of rolling left and making that throw, let alone on the line that Rodgers would have thrown it on. Don't get me wrong, Elway was a physical marvel, but that play was kind of a first, especially given the circumstances.

But, Elway didn't have a history of rolling left and making that throw, let alone on the line that Rodgers would have thrown it on. Don't get me wrong, Elway was a physical marvel, but that play was kind of a first, especially given the circumstances.
Huh? Sorry, dude. You're wrong there.

50 yard throw, the bs is getting really deep.

Hell of a play, no doubt.

35 years from now, if the NFL is still replaying that pass by AR, then maybe one of the "top throws".... but that throw didn't win the game, it just gave Crosby the chance to win it with his foot.

AR is a baller but not GOAT.

Reactions: DanielSucks
No, but if Elway had a play like that in his career, we'd have it on video on Youtube.
Check out the greatest comeback in NFL, 1986 AFC Championship game. It's called "the drive" for a reason. 98 yards and several laser type throws, especially to Jackson for the game winner. Methinks you're just looking for a softer landing on why your boys lost. It wasn't an all time throw...

ADVERTISEMENT