ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Del Conte could have done anything and he chose Herman...)

The people on here saying CDC isnt responsible for firing and hiring coaches couldn't be more wrong.

You're still sticking with LSU over tOSU? Ok then.

Are there really any “holy sh*t they hired that guy(s)!?” I feel Herman needs to add some no doubt coaches and absolute monsters on the recruiting trail.
Good question. Maybe Brady. Not sure who else registers as that.

Reactions: texgrad75
Because legit coaches that everyone wants to come here aren’t going to come here if the appearance is 3 years and you get canned. Sometimes it takes longer than that and coaches want to work with an AD that will be patient and fair.

Lol. It took us 5 minutes to hire Herman after we fired Charlie after 3 years. You think Urban Meyer would give a f*ck that we fired Herman after 3 seasons? =)roll

Sorry I don’t like the Harrell as the primary OC Target I HATE the Air Raid System and I think Harrell being potentially hired as the OC is Herman appeasing people with Enough Zeros in their bank accounts and influence at the University (BOR level) they could afford his buyout and have him fired as easily as they sneeze.....Sorry go get a Oc from the pro spread coaching tree (hell I wouldn’t care if Herman went the LSU route and got a Joe Brady type Coach (I’ve been looking at Kansas City and their QB coach Mike Kafka)

I don’t get the infatuation with stability. If stability is really most important you’d never fire anybody. If you have the wrong guy and you know then you fire him whether it’s year 1 or 21. Just like you shouldn’t stay in a bad marriage just because you don’t want change. If CDC thinks CTH is the right go so be it. Time will tell. But using stability as a reason to not make a change is ridiculous.

I thought Ford v Ferrari was better than the movies you listed. Plus Bale’s performance was Oscar worthy.
giphy.gif

You really like "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood", but you are too young to remember that these were real people whose lives ended in absurd, drug induced, senseless tragedy at the hands of human robots. It should not be made into a black comedy by a person with as little taste as Tarantino.
That's all potentially very fair.

Reactions: txfight
This is the most forgettable movie I've seen this year. So much hype for something that I know I'll never watch again.

Great, great acting. Nothing else that was noteworthy.
agree to disagree

He’s not. Not totally anyway it has to be collaborative
He has more influence on the decision than anyone else, and he will be held accountable if he screws that part of his job up too much. Anyone who says different doesn’t have a clue how things work here. Just because he has to factor others opinions into his decision making process doesn’t mean he’s off the hook for his programs performances.

Your votes: are you saying that if Georgia plays LSU mostly even and loses in a close one they deserve to be in the playoff or are they a place holder for a dominating Utah win?
I think Georgia would mess them up on a neutral field.

Instead of making the comfort hires in 2016, if Herman brought the best coordinators to Austin (whomever that may have been), Texas would be playing for a Big 12 Championship this year with a chance to play in the CFP?

Basically, Herman’s 2016 coaching hires is why the program is in its current state?
(Buy) Yup.

None of these things were being said prior to this year. Especially, when they were knocking it out of the park recruiting this summer.

Reactions: FrancoBevo
Lol. It took us 5 minutes to hire Herman after we fired Charlie after 3 years. You think Urban Meyer would give a f*ck that we fired Herman after 3 seasons? =)roll
Strong never showed even a bit of improvement. Herman has won more games than Strongs best season every year he has been here. Not saying Herman is the answer for sure but he should get 2 more years to show us.

I think Herman said on Friday that players would be off until 8:00 team meeting.

might just be a check in type thing.

how do we define that?
We would define it by you telling me what you would do with the keys to the castle. What would have to happen for you to write an article saying Herman absolutely killed it? You posed the question in thought 2, “would that be an elite hire?” I’m asking yo to define the elite scenario. It’s all in fun. There isn’t a right or wrong answer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT