ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (FIRE!!!!!!!!)

Our USC and OU losses probably would have been viewed like the aggy moral victory if (a) there hadn't already been the Maryland debacle, and (b) the offense had been good against USC.
And game-day had been there with all of the important national voices.

That game mattered yesterday.

Last year's game didn't matter.

Reactions: TD TX TD VY
“Frankly, it's a stark reminder that the Longhorns have five captains on the team right now (Hager, Andrew Beck, Elijah Rodriguez, Chris Nelson and Anthony Wheeler) that would probably struggle to find playing time for a team competing for a national championship.”

Probably?
Sometimes I use one too many words.

USC should be Sam's last chance and I don't mean the whole game necessarily. We should be trying QBs on like shoes at this point. Hopefully, we find a pair that fcking fits.

The coach admitted he cheated, she clearly stepped way out of line, but yes let’s pretend it only happens to the women...oh and only her because it didn’t happen to her opponent who just happened to be beating her handily. The constant victimization by her is embarrassing for an all-time great. Sometimes you just lose and there’s not an excuse other than you weren’t as good as your opponent. Sad that you seem willing to enable this type of behavior.
I've yet to see anyone involved in tennis defend the chair umpire. Not one. I've seen a ton of women defending where she's coming from.

Perhaps you should consider another perspective than your own, if that's possible. I can send you links if you want the good reads.

Ketchum, I'm I seeing a more aggressive tone in your writing about Herman. Seems like you have anger in your words. I like it, but is it because you may have somewhat in your heart thought Texas was turning it around?

Too late for B/S, I know, but what do you think the chances are that CDC gives TH three years and then sweet talks Gary Patterson into coming to Austin?
I wonder if Patterson would be viewed as too old.

We played USC (away) and ou that close last year and we didn't get the kind of cheerleading you're giving the ags right now. All you need is a little milkman's outfit.

No kidding. Double overtime, 3 point loss against #4 USC on the road last year meant nothing for UT but a tough, bitter loss in the final analysis. So it is with the Aggies losing to Clemson at home last night. Once again, just couldn't get it done at Kyle.

Ketchum, I'm I seeing a more aggressive tone in your writing about Herman. Seems like you have anger in your words. I like it, but is it because you may have somewhat in your heart thought Texas was turning it around?
Not even a little.

Reactions: curtis7mills
https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/tennis/serenas-mentor-admits-to-coaching/cjlu6b3gy001s0hli7vtr7fyz

I’ve never appreciated Serena’s inability to admit someone was better than her on the days of her defeats and am disgusted by her outburst in throwing out her motherhood as a reason why she would never receive coaching when there is no way an umpire would give a warning or penalty unless it was blatant. The winner didn’t get the credit she deserved because of the absolute lie that Serena made a fool for herself over.

Here’s a clip of her coach admitting 100% that he was coaching so either he or she is lying and he gets no benefit from lying, while she gets the sympathy of all the idiots that want to feel bad for the greatest female tennis player of all time. Poor poor 225 pound Serena.

I didn’t watch the whole match at all - but the 2-3 games we saw Osaka was playing better and deserved the games she won. Way before all the hooplah.

Reactions: Texas Diesel
I've yet to see anyone involved in tennis defend the chair umpire. Not one. I've seen a ton of women defending where she's coming from.

Perhaps you should consider another perspective than your own, if that's possible. I can send you links if you want the good reads.
Here’s one I found right off the bat...perhaps it is you who should try different perspectives. The next time you don’t side with women on absolutely every single issue will be the first. Sometimes women are in the wrong too you know. In this case, she made an embarrassing mistake.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-WRONG-Open-umpire-sexist-docking-thief.html

Reactions: Pauln722
No kidding. Double overtime, 3 point loss against #4 USC on the road last year meant nothing for UT but a tough, bitter loss in the final analysis. So it is with the Aggies losing to Clemson at home last night. Once again, just couldn't get it done at Kyle.
What time did the USC game end last year locally?

Where was ESPN's Game Day?

What was the highest rated game of the weekend?

What national writers raved about UT's performance afterwards?

Well, aren't you really only talking about one coach - Charlie? I haven't watched or followed USF so I have no opinion on your claim. But it's possible he was simply out of his element at Texas/choked on the big stage/learned from his mistakes here.

If the implication is that there is something about Texas or its players that even good coaching can't overcome, I'm definitely not buying that.

An easier question is what coaches (both HC and coordinators) that we have run off, aren’t doing better than when they were at Texas?

I know there are a lot of Longhorns that subscribe to the Aggy and OU Suxs rival sites. How many of our unsavory rivals are on Orangebloods fanning the flames? It’s a long season, lets see how if plays out before we voluntarily fall on the sword.
Any troll worth his salt would be posting the opposite, advocating patience, lowered expectations, and pumping pure sunshine about the Dead Rabbit Offense.

I think the girl scout cookies are overrated. If the boy scouts sold some better cookies they would do quite well.

What? No mention of the pig meltdown that was Arkansas losing to the equivalent of a sub-tulane team? Come on man, give me something to laugh at.

ADVERTISEMENT