ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (First-ballot OB HOF Class)

Originally posted by El Mahico:
rpongett (Member since June 18th, 2001)

My favorite moment:
I still don't know how he did this, but he once created a post that
said, "I hate …" and when people clicked on it, there was a code built
inside that made it so that every person clicking would see their handle
in the body of the post. Holy moly, he nearly created an Internet
nuclear meltdown, as not everyone appreciates that type of humor … I do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was one of my top 5 posts on OBs. It was awesome. There were literally long time lurkers commenting on that thread that had never posted before saying stuff like "what the hell? I literally have never posted anything on this board! "

That was one of the classic posts on this board. wish I could go back and read it. I laughed for a few hours on that one.

It made my heart skip a beat when I first read it then I realized it was a con, Watching everyone fall for it was greatness. There were some pissed off people on that thread. If that was his only post ever on OB, rpongett deserves HOF status on that play alone. Ketch you need to dig it up and post it in classics

Originally posted by o5prey:
Yeah echeese should never be selected, let alone first ballot. I'd back up that statement but personal attacks, including the thousands that you've actually let him get away with on this site aren't supposed to be allowed.
This, unbelievable. He's like a 7 yr old with emoticons. HOF jerk.

Great start with the OB Hall of Fame. Way to get yourself in there, first ballot, without naming yourself (CS). Obviously, it goes without saying that you and Such should also be a part of the initial class, because without the 2 of you, and specifically you, this amazing site would not exist. So, put you and Suchomel in the inaugural class, as well. It's deserved.

This is a big case of Debbie Downer!! Why did you not wait until game day to post this?

I totally get putting together a list of songs as objectively as possible, and you've done a fine job of that. For me, however, having lived in the Dylan era, I would have to include one song to your list for purely subjective reasons - Lay Lady Lay.

That song came out in summer of 69 - the Summer of Love - and to me, a 21 year old at the time, it was the anthem of that summer. There are some songs that when you hear them, they take you right back to that place in time - that's Lay Lady Lay for me. Like Bryan Adams said "Those were the best days of my life - back in the summer of 69".

Great HoF list. Sure there are others but you have to start somewhere. I was actually honored to see my handle show up in Rob's post until I figured out what was going on. HoF moment.

Originally posted by ericg320:

Originally posted by LonghornCPA82:
Congrats Ericg on HOF,

I think you need to do something with that Miley picture and Ketch.
56VOoh.gif
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by NOT TEXAS GOOD:
Very nice, congrats. What are the shields gonna look like?
We were robbed brother.

:)

BTW...all this echeese talk makes me remember giving him a timeout from a posti in the corral, and it went about as you'd expect it in my inbox the next day. I can now say I suspended a 1st ballot HOF poster and was lucky enough to learn from another (RWC). I wish RWC had time to keep doing his thing around here.

This post was edited on 8/11 7:28 AM by PNG1992

Ash IS within a step or two (and we don't know if he can take them) of greatness.

Swoopes is within a step or two (same as above) of being a good option.

Threads like the BigDD Zoolander thread is why we constantly check Orangebloods at all times of the day and night. You never know when a classic thread is going to come out of nowhere.

My personal HOF list in no particular order.

1. Armadillo Slim. Dude just seems like salt of the earth and never takes himself too seriously. Honestly, I can say I've learned to be a better poster by reading his stuff. He's witty w/o being mean-spirited and he takes jokes about him real well. Plus, we share the same opinion on the best damn fried chicken in the state and that is The Chicken Shack.

2. GQ. Dude is modest as hell but he's E.F. Hutton when it comes to hoops recruiting. Anyone on this board who really gives a flip about hoops recruiting would be well served to pretty much heed his word. Not to mention great analysis of a kid's play.

3. Hornius. Similar to Slim but likely a better photographer.

4. Cinco Ranch Horn. Been friends with that cat for 40 years.

5. Vasherized. Another guy who delivers pound for pound good stuff. Plus great working with him on one re-fi and now a brand spanking new home mortgage.

6. CS. No doubt he's provocative. don't always agree with him but he's got thick skin and types a good game.

No doubt there are more but just a quick short list.

Originally posted by PNG1992:

Originally posted by NOT TEXAS GOOD:
Very nice, congrats. What are the shields gonna look like?
We were robbed brother.

:)

BTW...all this echeese talk makes me remember giving him a timeout from a posti in the corral, and it went about as you'd expect it in my inbox the next day. I can now say I suspended a 1st ballot HOF poster and was lucky enough to learn from another (RWC). I wish RWC had time to keep doing his thing around here.

This post was edited on 8/11 7:28 AM by PNG1992
Yea we were. Round 2 next year....

5 big Dylan misses: Positively 4th Street; Forever Young; Buckets of Rain; Idiot Wind; Tangled Up In Blue

Originally posted by joejon3:
The "I hate these 5 posters" thread was so awesome on every level. Wish we had that in the classics. One of you guys had to save that thread, right?

This!

I had a very restless night of sleep worried about work stuff and read this after rushing to the airport. Despite that state of mind, remembering that thread still made me laugh out loud.

Good HoF list!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by hookem81:
Really fun read, and I like the HOF. Can we expect burnt orange blazers and induction speeches? If anything, you undersold rpongett' contributions. In a lifetime of watching, playing, and reading about football, I've never come across anything that remotely approaches the breakdowns he out together of the UT games in the 2005-2008 era. I rarely learn a thing when I watch a game or football talk show these days. I learned a ton from his work, and he was a talented writer on top of it. He did what I wish the analysts on TV would do.
This!

I was more impressed with Swoopes than I expected to be, which made me feel better -- but not much.

Two other things:

- Loved how Coach Strong addressed the crowd toward the end of practice. Not scripted -- just sincere and passionate. My son and I thought it was great.
- Is UT disappointed in turnout at the practice? Maybe it's because a) it was Sunday, b) it was practice and not a scrimmage, c) it was 5 zillion degrees and d) it was at DKR and not the practice facility, but it seemed emptier than I expected.

The fact that you put this quote in there from OVER THE TOP makes me love this site more today than ever before. I also watched the movie over the weekend with my 11 year old.... As the great Bull Hurley once said, "Being number one is everything. There is no second place. Second sucks."

Maybe Charlie can say this in Practice...

"What I do is I just try to take my hat and I turn it around, and it's
like a switch that goes on. And when the switch goes on, I feel like
another person, I feel, I don't know, I feel like a... like a truck.
Like a machine. "

or

"The world meets nobody halfway. When you want something, you gotta take it"

I agree with others in that WB3032 should have made the original cut. Unlike the others, he doesn't post a lot, but when he does it makes my day.

Originally posted by HuffTex:

Great start with the OB Hall of Fame. Way to get yourself in there, first ballot, without naming yourself (CS). Obviously, it goes without saying that you and Such should also be a part of the initial class, because without the 2 of you, and specifically you, this amazing site would not exist. So, put you and Suchomel in the inaugural class, as well. It's deserved.
Putting us in the HOF doesn't seem right to me. I'd rather get Slim in next year than even think of me.

Originally posted by smalz1:
I totally get putting together a list of songs as objectively as possible, and you've done a fine job of that. For me, however, having lived in the Dylan era, I would have to include one song to your list for purely subjective reasons - Lay Lady Lay.

That song came out in summer of 69 - the Summer of Love - and to me, a 21 year old at the time, it was the anthem of that summer. There are some songs that when you hear them, they take you right back to that place in time - that's Lay Lady Lay for me. Like Bryan Adams said "Those were the best days of my life - back in the summer of 69".
Great story. Wish I had been there.

Was BigDD's favorite moment the same as when he posted the photo of the girl he was hanging with and she turned out to be a sex changed person? His thread about his friend as one of Tiger Woods mistresses also got a lot if people riled up and happened literally about 4-5 days before the blow up with his wife. That was our own E Insider moment.

Festus. OB' Hall of Famer in his own category: unintentional comedy.

I miss Festus.

Originally posted by golfpr3145:

Ketch if anyone on this site is realistic and understands that when a team has a totally new system to learn that it is a dream to expect that team to win a championship. I fully expect this team to be a good team simply because of the coaching and the talent. It takes a while for the kids on that team to gel and know what each other will do in certain situations in the game. If you understand that then you can enjoy this year and if you don't then prepare to be miserable.

Patience is a four-letter word to some.

Great stuff Ketch. The HOF list was pretty spot on also. I know for sure that I wouldn't enjoy this place near as much without the efforts of some of these posters. I think everybody's had a run in with cheese, but so what? I mean, they put Dennis Rodman in the hall of fame, but I'm pretty sure cheese never banged Pamela Anderson.

I hated CS when I first arrived on OB, but man I found our feelings about Texas sports to be very similar the more I read. Dude holds down his spot like no other, regardless of the blowback. I also find that Ralph Macchio and I share similar thoughts much of the time as well. Dude is a realist, but still has a love for Texas. Royale and Bobr were two must read aggy trollers....and I like to smile so I enjoyed their work.

I'm going to start my grass roots campaign for McGuapo HOF 2020 soon.

Originally posted by 15-14:
Ash IS within a step or two (and we don't know if he can take them) of greatness.

Swoopes is within a step or two (same as above) of being a good option.
Greatness?

We've never seen come within a 10-mile pole of greatness.

Ketch -

The fact that Mack kept tabs on what was being said on OB was very telling. What's the likelihood Charlie Strong lets an OB post get under his skin? Do you even think he has a staffer keeping tabs on the interwebs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT