ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Fueling Sam Ehlinger has to give Herman the tingles...)

@Ketchum You should be more clear when mentioning the name Rachel Nichols. I presume you are talking about this one:
rachelnichols.jpg

But I am much more into this one:

Rachel-Nichols-Feet-722392.jpg
60813956-rachel-nichols-at-the-los-angeles-premiere-of-g-i-joe-the-rise-of-cobra-held-at-the-grauman-s-chines.jpg

FYI, there are about 60 actresses named Rachel Nichols.

Ketch-What did you have at Leon’s that was memorable?
I thought the sausage and brisket were top-shelf, especially the sausage.

I wish I had gotten some ribs, but this is serious comfort food and by the time I was half way done with my meal, I felt like I needed to be carted out of there. I would have gone back if we had stayed an extra day.

@Ketchum You should be more clear when mentioning the name Rachel Nichols. I presume you are talking about this one:
rachelnichols.jpg

But I am much more into this one:

Rachel-Nichols-Feet-722392.jpg
60813956-rachel-nichols-at-the-los-angeles-premiere-of-g-i-joe-the-rise-of-cobra-held-at-the-grauman-s-chines.jpg

FYI, there are about 60 actresses named Rachel Nichols.
Noted.;)

In fact, I've started to wonder if Herman isn't paying the Bradshaws of the world to crap on Ehlinger. Maybe he can get one of his former Ohio State players to remark that he wouldn't make third string on the 2014 Buckeyes? Red McCombs hasn't done a controversial interview in a while, so maybe we can run that up the flag pole?

Or maybe one of his favorite Ohio State Coaches like Zack Smith to say a few words?

Herman will need to take stock of what's happened and determine whether he has enough recruiting war daddies on his staff and whether the net gain of adding a few rainmakers

My recollection is when CTH was hired he stated that recruiting effectiveness would be criteria #1 for the assistant coaches' hiring and retention. I agreed with that policy then, and I still think it is the essential approach. As head coach ultimately you have to decide if you can REALLY afford not to do the right thing.

You may get away with it briefly, but eventually reality comes home.

Speaking of all these drinks, I've always wanted to try all the drinks of the old signs hung up on the Catfish Parlor walls.

Reactions: leej4445
1 Will Texas land anyone from AZ?
2. What RB do you give TX the best chance at landing? Do they just take 1?
3. Will Texas land any big time play making DL or LB's?
1. Yes.
2. Hard to handicap at this point. They seem second with too many important targets.
3. Define big time.

Nope, not gonna let you guys ruin the thread. Take it to the Corral.

Reactions: hornbuck
Read my reply.
I did- was responding to another poster before reading your reply.
His inquiry was a good one, and questioned whether several things weren't at play other than recruiting prowess of certain staff members.

I did- was responding to another poster before reading your reply.
His inquiry was a good one, and questioned whether several things weren't at play other than recruiting prowess of certain staff members.
I don't think it's any one thing. I think it's a number of things, some not completely related to Texas, specifically. That being said, I'm not sure Texas has elite recruiters at a time when the landscape probably demands it.

I don't think it's any one thing. I think it's a number of things, some not completely related to Texas, specifically. That being said, I'm not sure Texas has elite recruiters at a time when the landscape probably demands it.
Yep, and I think a couple of those things are hard to overcome without getting down and dirty.

Reactions: FrancoBevo
Why aren’t any of our commits at these National events?

The last two classes were built on a network of ballers that recruited other players. I don’t see that this year...

ADVERTISEMENT