ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Herman is just showing off at this point...)

No way Ehlinger passes Buchele this season absent an injury. And I am a big Ehllinger supporter, but Buchele has such a head start that if he fails to maintain it, we are in deep stuff.
It's possible that they both aren't ready.

WaffleHouse3.jpg
honesty.

Reactions: josixpak
"while showing great courage and strength beyond her years in the process"

:rolleyes:=)roll
You disagree? Here, we have a young woman, who had an act of terrorism occur at one of her shows, killing people and causing devastation in countless homes, and she has handled it all much better than anyone could expect. She went back to the city, unafraid of any repeat affairs, and stood tall in doing so.

I can think of several important people I wish acted with her dignity and class.

Ketch: How grave is our OL recruting? Really concerned about this area. After qb and DE, this is third most important position group on the team, IMO

Reactions: bozans
I'm pretty sure the K was called a wild pitch, not a passed ball. It hit the plate and bounced -- almost no chance for Cantu. And he delivered a clutch hit in helping win Saturday night. I've become a fan of Pierce, but no way he should have pitched to the lefty who twice delivered 2 out, RBI singles, including in the 8th. Walk him and take your chances on a righty-righty match-up.

Championship game at 11:00 Eastern, 10:00 Central? What dumb shat thought up that schedule?!?!?!?

Hook 'em!!!

No, Mack's 1999 recruiting class followed a 4-7 season in 1997.

Eventually, Herman will play the season, but it will still be a class following Charlie's 5-7 year.

Herman's class is following 6-7, 5-7, 5-7 seasons with embarrassing blowouts and losses. Much more impressive to me and I am a fan of Mack's early work.

You disagree? Here, we have a young woman, who had an act of terrorism occur at one of her shows, killing people and causing devastation in countless homes, and she has handled it all much better than anyone could expect. She went back to the city, unafraid of any repeat affairs, and stood tall in doing so.

I can think of several important people I wish acted with her dignity and class.

Her handlers (PR and management) said throw a concert and she did. She is a musician, that is what she does for a living. "She went back to the city, unafraid" is laying it on thick. If it were Kabul or Baghdad those word would be appropriate, but she would never put herself into a dangerous position to begin with. She was in no personal danger at either concert. I'm not saying she should have or would have been any help, but if she ran out to help at the time of the attack she would be worthy of words like "courageous" and "unafraid".

All that said, doughnut-licker did the right thing and deserves that acknowledgement, but unlike you, I can't think of an artist that wouldn't have done the right thing in that situation. Now the fans walking around as soft targets took some fortitude.

Ketch your fascination with Zaire is odd. You do realize Shane has started a full season while Zaire started a couple games? You do realize Shane will have been in this offense since December and Zaire would be here in July? Yet somehow Zaire is better to lead this team? With less passes thrown, less games started/played/won, and less time in this program?

You are giving Zaire significant leaps of faith based off a Vance Bedford defense who made everyone look incredible.

I'll be damned if Pujols hitting #600 didn't sneak up on me. No way the guy's been playing long enough to do that.

No. 6 – Buy or sell …

BUY or SELL: At least two of the projected starters for day one this upcoming year would have been starters on the 2005 championship team?

(Buy) Collin Johnson, Devin Duvernay, Connor Williams, Malik Jefferson and Michael Dickson could have all started on the 2005 team.

Poona Ford might very well start in Larry Dibbles' spot, too.

I'm pretty sure the K was called a wild pitch, not a passed ball. It hit the plate and bounced -- almost no chance for Cantu.
It was a bad play by Cantu. He's been a basket of nerves in the last two games.

- Tom Herman's next job is babysitting the committed players and retaining them. So far, he has been killing it.

- I give Herman credit for trying to address the QB situation in year one. When you don't move heaven and earth to find a franchise QB, your program becomes stagnant. They will be stacked next year.

- Ehlinger definitely needs to be involved.

- There is never a dull moment with those Ryan boys. If only they were better at coaching.

- KD is playing with an edge. He is trying to gut Cleveland. Nobody can say he's just along for the ride. He's carrying this team to a championship.

Her handlers (PR and management) said throw a concert and she did. She is a musician, that is what she does for a living. "She went back to the city, unafraid" is laying it on thick. If it were Kabul or Baghdad those word would be appropriate, but she would never put herself into a dangerous position to begin with. She was in no personal danger at either concert. I'm not saying she should have or would have been any help, but if she ran out to help at the time of the attack she would be worthy of words like "courageous" and "unafraid".

All that said, doughnut-licker did the right thing and deserves that acknowledgement, but unlike you, I can't think of an artist that wouldn't have done the right thing in that situation. Now the fans walking around as soft targets took some fortitude.
Yeah, the UK disagrees with you.

Reactions: CutaneousHorn
Ketch your fascination with Zaire is odd. You do realize Shane has started a full season while Zaire started a couple games? You do realize Shane will have been in this offense since December and Zaire would be here in July? Yet somehow Zaire is better to lead this team? With less passes thrown, less games started/played/won, and less time in this program?

You are giving Zaire significant leaps of faith based off a Vance Bedford defense who made everyone look incredible.
You do realize that Shane is completely unproven in almost every way a quarterback can be unproven?

- Tom Herman's next job is babysitting the committed players and retaining them. So far, he has been killing it.

- I give Herman credit for trying to address the QB situation in year one. When you don't move heaven and earth to find a franchise QB, your program becomes stagnant. They will be stacked next year.

- Ehlinger definitely needs to be involved.

- There is never a dull moment with those Ryan boys. If only they were better at coaching.

- KD is playing with an edge. He is trying to gut Cleveland. Nobody can say he's just along for the ride. He's carrying this team to a championship.
Durant is busting LeBron up every time he dares come near him like he stole something from his mom's purse.

Reactions: cordpetee
Herman's class is following 6-7, 5-7, 5-7 seasons with embarrassing blowouts and losses. Much more impressive to me and I am a fan of Mack's early work.

Not to mention the fact that 20 years, a kid's recruitment didn't really begin 18 mos to 2 years before his signing Day. There's a reason why guys like Herman and the great Jim Harbaugh struggled to fill out their "first class" in just 8 weeks on the job while Mack did not. Herman's work for his first full class is extremely impressive. EXTREMELY, particularly when you consider the serious hay he's been able to make out of state.

Reactions: FriscoWolf

If going back was entirely her idea, then she deserves some respect. If, however, it was simply a product of her PR team, then she still has much to do in order to regain my respect.

I have little sympathy for misinformed and pseudo-educated performers, actors, etc. who openly disparage the United States of America and its' founding principles of liberty and equality, imperfect past and all (and there have never been nor will there ever be any perfect races, creeds or nations of men).

Donating the proceeds of the concert to the London authorities to purchase weapons, surveillance equipment, increase staff, etc. would be a far more useful display of support for those victims.

Reactions: Jack87
Yeah, the UK disagrees with you.

You have to be kidding? Joe.co, which I have never heard of, is "the biggest premium male-focused publisher in the UK, and are on course to be one of the biggest entertainment brands in the UK within the next year." They are in the business of adulation. I'm sure you can pull some back-up from Access Hollywood and Inside Edition while you are at it.

She did a nice thing, but exactly what you would expect from any other well managed star in that situation. She was never in danger at either show. The fans were. They were the courageous ones that sent a message.

Was it just me or did Shane look sharp in the spring game? Sam threw some nice balls when he actually had time.

You have to be kidding? Joe.co, which I have never heard of, is "the biggest premium male-focused publisher in the UK, and are on course to be one of the biggest entertainment brands in the UK within the next year." They are in the business of adulation. I'm sure you can pull some back-up from Access Hollywood and Inside Edition while you are at it.

She did a nice thing, but exactly what you would expect from any other well managed star in that situation. She was never in danger at either show. The fans were. They were the courageous ones that sent a message.
Just stop, seriously.

You misread the recruiting question. Mack's '99 class followed a 9 win season. Herman's class is unprecedented in the modern era of Texas football in terms of following a shitty season.
Luckily that's a small sample set. Hope it stays that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT