ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Hey, Kirk... this is Tom... I gotta scoop for you...)

I would put the odds of both Zaire coming here and starting over Shane at pretty close to 0. Same as the odds last year after the spring game of Swoopes starting over Shane.

Reactions: TilGabriel
Malik Zaire kryptonite is pressure. The reason why he had his best passing game was against Texas. Charlie had a contain scheme where we were more worried about MZ running than passing. Every other defense rushed the QB and Zaire couldn't pass very well. It's why they went with Kizor. He could still pass against a standard defense. MZ couldn't say the same.

It's not everyone. Far from it. There are a handful of the same people that confuse it every week, regardless of what is actually said.

Like I said, I can't hold everyone's hand. At some point, stop being lazy and pay attention.
Do you prefer holding hands with or kissing cousins (or both)? Please respond clearly so we know exactly where you stand on this matter.

That is my poor attempt to break up this battle of wits and no shits given contest.

Zaire has had one good game and it was at home against the #94 ranked defense for 2015. I just don't see removing an up and coming QB for a veteran guy that has not showed much. If he can win the job, that's great, but I would be surprised.

Malik Zaire kryptonite is pressure. The reason why he had his best passing game was against Texas. Charlie had a contain scheme where we were more worried about MZ running than passing. Every other defense rushed the QB and Zaire couldn't pass very well. It's why they went with Kizor. He could still pass against a standard defense. MZ couldn't say the same.
Couldn't you say the same about almost all quarterbacks?

Do you prefer holding hands with or kissing cousins (or both)? Please respond clearly so we know exactly where you stand on this matter.

That is my poor attempt to break up this battle of wits and no shits given contest.
holding hands.

For the record.

Zaire has had one good game and it was at home against the #94 ranked defense for 2015. I just don't see removing an up and coming QB for a veteran guy that has not showed much. If he can win the job, that's great, but I would be surprised.
It comes down to who can help win the most games THIS season. Herman isn't as all-in with returning starter THIS year as some of you.

I would put the odds of both Zaire coming here and starting over Shane at pretty close to 0. Same as the odds last year after the spring game of Swoopes starting over Shane.
The man in your signature seems to disagree.

At the risk of being labeled "lazy" interesting that the OP listed 5 things he believed to be true based on what they've reported on Zaire over the 6 weeks and yet not one of them revolved around @Anwar Richardson's not so small and very recent reporting of no contact from Herman to Zaire. Maybe he thinks @Anwar Richardson is FOS. Personally, I lean pretty much towards only @Anwar Richardson reporting on this topic.

The man in your signature seems to disagree.

Maybe. I just don't understand the line of reasoning for bringing him in next year with the exception of being an insurance policy, which Zaire already stated he doesn't want to be.

Will Zaire help us win a national championship next year? No. Will he net us some wins Shane wouldn't have gotten us? I doubt it, but who knows. What I do know is if Shane doesn't start, he's our backup, which would then create a logjam at QB the following year, which would likely lead to either he or Sam transferring. If Shane starts next year and Sam redshirts, then there would be 2 years separation between the 2 with 2 other high profile QB's coming in the following year

At the risk of being labeled "lazy" interesting that the OP listed 5 things he believed to be true based on what they've reported on Zaire over the 6 weeks and yet not one of them revolved around @Anwar Richardson's not so small and very recent reporting of no contact from Herman to Zaire. Maybe he thinks @Anwar Richardson is FOS. Personally, I lean pretty much towards only @Anwar Richardson reporting on this topic.
That is also true. You're arguing with yourself after taking a couple of Ls recently.

I don't take Ls personally like you obviously do.
Your mere presence in this thread at this stage of the thread, along with your refusal to address a couple of items presented to you in the podcast thread, would seem to indicate otherwise.

But, hey, have a great Tuesday. Maybe you can start a thread taking shots at McComas for his not reporting that Andrew Jones was leaning towards leaving.

Your mere presence in this thread at this stage of the thread, along with your refusal to address a couple of items presented to you in the podcast thread, would seem to indicate otherwise.

But, hey, have a great Tuesday. Maybe you can start a thread taking shots at McComas for his not reporting that Andrew Jones was leaning towards leaving.

Couple of items? Ok, great, so you said "not a walk in the park" and not "more difficult." Doesn't change the fact you "research" on our schedule is a bit lacking given you made the statement. Not to mention you conveniently skewed things to favor your opinion of the schedule. Like I said, kudos to Athlon for acknowledging the schedule is actually favorable. Getting games like Okie Lite and KSU at home is far more important than having ISU and RU at home. I figured that was common sense, but apparently not. Sure, we got WVU at home, but they also lost quite a bit. I'm not really concerned about SC being a tougher game than ND. It's one game of 12. Bottom line is our schedule is not some daunting task allude to it being.

Couple of items? Ok, great, so you said "not a walk in the park" and not "more difficult." Doesn't change the fact you "research" on our schedule is a bit lacking given you made the statement.
It doesn't change the fact that you were and still are wrong.

This is what back-tracking looks like when one realizes that they were/are wrong and then try to change the discussion to fit their requirements in an effort to not be wrong.

It doesn't change the fact that you were and still are wrong.

This is what back-tracking looks like when one realizes that they were/are wrong and then try to change the discussion to fit their requirements in an effort to not be wrong.

Technically you were wrong with the schedule statement. Regardless of whether your statement was "not a walk in the park" and not "more difficult than last season" doesn't change that. Obviously you won't let yourself see that. And I'm done here. You obviously have no shortage of folks to argue with.

Regardless of whether your statement was "not a walk in the park" and not "more difficult than last season" doesn't change that.
Regardless of what I said, your argument about something that I didn't say will WIN, DAMNIT!!!!!!

Gotcha.

oh, we're just busting each other's balls. Nothing to walk away from. JS gives it a LOT, so he can take a little back.

Both of you guys voice's are going to change......Higher and Higher

I wish I was smart enough to insert memes... So many good popcorn eating ones I'd like to post. Damn my lack social media capabilities!

I wish I was smart enough to insert memes... So many good popcorn eating ones I'd like to post. Damn my lack social media capabilities!
1. Just put your cursor over the meme.
2. Select copy.
3. Go to box on Orangebloods where you want to past meme.
4. Paste meme.
5. His reply.

It's the amount of degradation that MZ showed. While all QB's don't like pressure some handle it better than others.
I'm not sure we have enough of a sample size to draw that kind of conclusion.

1. Just put your cursor over the meme.
2. Select copy.
3. Go to box on Orangebloods where you want to past meme.
4. Paste meme.
5. His reply.
funny-things12.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT