ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (I'm still sitting at 9-3)

She's also got no ****ing talent and her recorded (and likely autotuned) music sucks ass.

She's no better than Milli Vanilli (actually, I'd rather listen to them...she's that bad). So someone threw some water and ice at her...big ****ing deal? Why isn't anyone talking about the clear as day lip syncing? She's a fraud.
I can't believe (a) people listen to that shit and (b) actually pay to see her sorry ass. You know what...I can. People are that stupid.
I'm glad you got that off your chest.

I’m not yet convinced that X is even the best WR on the team, much less the “best player” overall. Can’t wait to see how he performs this year.
The only player in the entire Big 12 to be unanimous first-team All-Big 12 this pre-season.

No player in school history has outperformed him over the first two years of his career.

Put some respect on that man's name.

If we are in a bunch of coin flip games, 9-3 is probably our ceiling. Among other things, that means our margins are small enough for the refs to steal a game or two.

The key to a good season is going to be blowing doors off the weaker teams teams, right from the opening kick. If you let them hang around, they start to believe they can win. And if they believe they can win, some of them will.

In other words, the goal of the offense should be to make Auburn somewhat irrelevant most weeks.
totally get it

Reactions: styrbjorn
Anyone wanting to argue vociferously against 9-3 has been under a rock the last decade plus. This ain’t 2008 summer when people were oddly down on a team coming off 10 wins.

Reactions: tlcdownunder2
I'm guessing it's due to the long offseason but last year Quinn seems like it was forever ago and he seems like a completely different QB going into this year. Not sure what that means but it just feels like he isn't even the same person, maybe not having the mullet is messing with me.

I have more faith in this team to beat Alabama than I do for it to win all the games we absolutely should.

Seems like that's our modus operandi ever since I've been following the team. Not since 2005 have I been able to believe on a consistent basis that we have the strength of will and motivation to handle business against every single scrub team on the schedule.

I have more faith in this team to beat Alabama than I do for it to win all the games we absolutely should.

Seems like that's our modus operandi ever since I've been following the team. Not since 2005 have I been able to believe on a consistent basis that we have the strength of will and motivation to handle business against every single scrub team on the schedule.
Nothing about this team in the last decade suggests that it wins a big non-conference game against a powerhouse on the road.

Where is the faith coming from?

Reactions: texas sixty nine
9-3 with a big 12 championship win and a new years six bowl win to finish 11-3 put us in contention for a top 10 finish. I would sign up for that. The program would be rising in time for the move to the SEC. Then its all about making the 12 team playoff going forward at least 3 out of every 5 years I would say is the bench mark.

Nothing about this team in the last decade suggests that it wins a big non-conference game against a powerhouse on the road.

I don't have it, but it's coming from these spots:

1) Herman's team playing up against top tier teams

2) Should have beat them last year, we're better this year and they might be worse

3) Quinn Ewers hope machine

Reactions: longhornlm

It's not so much faith as it is choosing one over the other. I don't have FAITH they'll win, I just have faith they have a better shot at one vs the other. Consider it taking the field.

But to answer your question about THIS team--not one from the last decade--I'm not sure Bama is quite as strong as they have been in the past. Even Saban seems to have concerns about their QB room, although that could just be Saban being Saban. I also think the team has circled this game on the schedule ever since we got screwed out of a win in Austin. I have faith Ewers and the OL will be better, even if marginally. Our defense is the biggest question mark, as usual. And at the very least, we'll have better officiating.

I don't have it, but it's coming from these spots:

1) Herman's team playing up against top tier teams

2) Should have beat them last year, we're better this year and they might be worse

3) Quinn Ewers hope machine
Fair enough

Reactions: codyutexas
It's not so much faith as it is choosing one over the other. I don't have FAITH they'll win, I just have faith they have a better shot at one vs the other. Consider it taking the field.

But to answer your question about THIS team--not one from the last decade--I'm not sure Bama is quite as strong as they have been in the past. Even Saban seems to have concerns about their QB room, although that could just be Saban being Saban. I also think the team has circled this game on the schedule ever since we got screwed out of a win in Austin. I have faith Ewers and the OL will be better, even if marginally. Our defense is the biggest question mark, as usual. And at the very least, we'll have better officiating.
The quarterback situation at Bama would mean more if I thought Texas had a definite true advantage there.

Texas should have an advantage there, but should ain't the same as does.

I think everyone is overcooking the new look big 12. There is a lot of optimism but in the end even if they are the third best conference it will be the difference between a top 5 recruiting class and a top 25 class. This new look big 12 will not get the eyeballs and become known more as a basketball league. I am glad the new commish came after Texas agreed to leave the big 12 because I heard rumblings if he had arrived sooner maybe Texas and OU would still be part of the conference. The parents (Texas/OU) are leaving the kids to fend for themselves good luck they will need it.

9-3 would suck but that’s where I’m at. I think Bama comes down to the final few series and at that point, it’s but cutting time and will tell us a lot about the resolve of the team and Quinn.

Jake Majors, living fcking large.
9-3 would only suck if 9-3 doesn't become 11-3 with a big 12 championship and new years six bowl win. I think that has to be the expectation for this season. I would be happy and if the loss doesn't come from Texas Tech.

The quarterback situation at Bama would mean more if I thought Texas had a definite true advantage there.

Texas should have an advantage there, but should ain't the same as does.
You're saying Milroe at 297 yards with five touchdowns and three interceptions last year is on par with 2177/15/6 from Ewers? Any given metric, including Rivals Ranking, future draft projection, and on-field performance has Quinn a much better prospect than Milroe. I don't see the difference between should and does, unless you're just saying that anything can happen. Statistically, he's an advantage.

I get it that on any given Saturday anything can happen, but you can bet that if Saban could switch QBs with Texas he'd do it in a New York minute.

9-3 would only suck if 9-3 doesn't become 11-3 with a big 12 championship and new years six bowl win. I think that has to be the expectation for this season. I would be happy and if the loss doesn't come from Texas Tech.
what about 10-4?

You're saying Milroe at 297 yards with five touchdowns and three interceptions last year is on par with 2177/15/6 from Ewers? Any given metric, including Rivals Ranking, future draft projection, and on-field performance has Quinn a much better prospect than Milroe. I don't see the difference between should and does, unless you're just saying that anything can happen. Statistically, he's an advantage.

I get it that on any given Saturday anything can happen, but you can bet that if Saban could switch QBs with Texas he'd do it in a New York minute.
I'm saying it's not out of the realm that Ewers plays poorly enough on the road against a great defense that it's easily a push.

Nothing about Sark's career suggests that he wins that game.
Man, I hope he proves you wrong. He improved his teams at Washington and USC. But personal issues got in the way at USC and a better position at Washington. Hopefully he does not flame out like at USC, I think he will do good and has learned from his past (especially USC).

Reactions: Weejun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT