ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (I'm still sitting at 9-3)

Is it reasonable to believe that if Quinn is more knowledgeable of the offense and reading defenses than that he will know were he is going with the pass? Would that confidence lead to stepping into the pass and better mechanics? It seems to me that it would.
Sure. I think that would help. But I also do not think his issues last year were solely the result of not knowing the offense. The bottom line is Ewers is a bit of a sandlot guy back there; arm angles, tight windows, dump offs while running, etc..... He just needs to harness the style with some consistency on drop back passes. If VY can go from the 2003 to the 2005 version, I see no reason we will not see big improvements. But his best may always involve some head scratchers thrown in.

Reactions: boernefan
Ketch, you could not be more relight with your thoughts of a 9-3 season. That damned orange KookAid has been pouring like water for so many years, yet we’re dying of thirst. Sark has never proven to be a Championship caliber coach, so it would be foolish to think he’s learned anything more in the last couple of years that he didn’t already know going in to this year. I’m really thinking 9-3 or even 8-4 along with Muslim finishing the season as the starter. Too much pressure on Quinn
Let's not even speak 8-4 into existence.

Ketch, you could not be more relight with your thoughts of a 9-3 season. That damned orange KookAid has been pouring like water for so many years, yet we’re dying of thirst. Sark has never proven to be a Championship caliber coach, so it would be foolish to think he’s learned anything more in the last couple of years that he didn’t already know going in to this year. I’m really thinking 9-3 or even 8-4 along with Muslim finishing the season as the starter. Too much pressure on Quinn
There’s orange KoolAid, and then there’s battered fan syndrome. Looking at this objectively, with this roster, veteran leadership, third year in the system and manageable schedule, this is a 10-2 team at worst. It just is. Anything less and Sark has failed.

There’s orange KoolAid, and then there’s battered fan syndrome. Looking at this objectively, with this roster, veteran leadership, third year in the system and manageable schedule, this is a 10-2 team at worst. It just is. Anything less and Sark has failed.
How did you pick that as the floor?

How did you pick that as the floor?
Talent, depth, returning starters, continuity, and a manageable schedule. All 4 losses last season by single digits. I might’ve gotten a little fat on some of y’all’s nuggets as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
If we had a top tier coach (i.e. Lincoln or Riley), this team would be a no doubt about it playoff team, no?

Talent, depth, returning starters, continuity, and a manageable schedule. All 4 losses last season by single digits. I might’ve gotten a little fat on some of y’all’s nuggets as well.
White Goodman Reaction GIF

Reactions: SonofMan
This thread will be fun to revisit. I think Ketch's take is fine but some of y'all on here are just emotionally hedging like crazy.
Ironically, I find my position the opposite of emotional or feelings based.

(Buy) Like I said, until I hear otherwise, I've got Texas closing with 3 five-stars, which would be an indication of positive momentum.
Who are the 3? Simmons, Black and Baker?

Just saw Fogerty this weekend doing his CCR tour. Great sho. He still has the voice and can still bend the strings

9-3 is the safest prediction I think. The record itself shows progress. It allows for some error / lack of motivation / second half collapses like last year.

In my mind, Bama, OU and other road games should be our only loss “potentials” (I know we can lose a home game but speaking in terms of probability/expected lines).

That said, put me in the camp that is a big believer in Sark. I think for me his two biggest knocks so far have been:
(1) Second half performances…including some clock mgmt late in games…but really more the opposite of “all has no brakes” feeling…
(2) DL recruiting.

As someone else said if he fixes those areas, our ceiling is as high as any team, including Bama, going forward.

When I hear Sark speak, I appreciate his transparency, his thought process and his genuinesss. I know he’s smart. I do think he’s going to prove to be as good as Lincoln Riley in terms of being a QB whisperer…and that quality (combined with a some stronger DL talent, a must for the SEC) and he could honestly be tracking for unprecedented territory for Texas.

My biggest hope for this year is we win both halves of games all year. Not win the first half and tie the second. Win both. All gas, no brakes. THAT should be our team’s goal all year: “win ‘‘em both!”

If our D can continue to improve tackling and Ewers plays like we all hope he can, winning both halves can happen…and should happen.

I really like Sark and I truly hope he sheds the second half rep he established last year.
We need to leave the Big 12 in style on smoke some teams.

If Ewers stays healthy we will go 10-2. If not we go 8-4. We probably lose to Bama, but we for sure beat OU with a healthy Ewers. Then I think the trap game is TCU. Their defense is good and they are very well coached.

We’ll have a lot of blowouts this year too IMO.

If Ewers stays healthy we will go 10-2. If not we go 8-4. We probably lose to Bama, but we for sure beat OU with a healthy Ewers. Then I think the trap game is TCU. Their defense is good and they are very well coached.

We’ll have a lot of blowouts this year too IMO.
I think we go into next year with chips on our shoulders against Tech and TCU. We found out first hand what happens when you don't take teams like that seriously. I think we beat OU, lose to Bama and lose one other game that we don't anticipate.

This team still has QB/coaching questions, + running game questions + personnel issues on defenses + Big 12 screw-job potential + positions that lack important depth...
Every team has 3-4 close games that it has to pull out in the last 6 minutes of the game. If I had to guess, you're just not sold on Ewers winning all of those.

Every team has 3-4 close games that it has to pull out in the last 6 minutes of the game. If I had to guess, you're just not sold on Ewers winning all of those.
No, not all of those. I still don't know how well he deals with pressure.

9-3 would suck but that’s where I’m at. I think Bama comes down to the final few series and at that point, it’s but cutting time and will tell us a lot about the resolve of the team and Quinn.

Jake Majors, living fcking large.
I'm a hopeless homer. 10-2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT