ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (It's Prediction Time!)

I have a feeling Shane is going to be to Ketch, what Swoopes was to Anwar.

People give anwar crap every day for reports about Swoopes being good. And people are gonna give Ketch crap every day after this season when Shane goes out and "does the damn thing".
We report what is happening.

p.s. - Anwar never said that Swoopes was good. That's not what the reporting was based on.

#8 - Congrats to the Reds - they deserved to win easily. Buy or Sell: Arsenal Wenger has been making side bets on Liverpool vs Arsenal the last two games - the proof: He benches Alexis to start the second game last season and Lacazette and Kolasinac today.
I can't believe he sat Lacazette today. It was a stunning line-up decision.

i spoke to a couple of people who saw a couple of practices in the past week and said shane looked good. also, the def is really good. maybe ketch's birdie cannot tell the difference
Is there any media outlet covering the team reporting otherwise?

I have many little birdies. Many of them have high nests.

Reactions: cordpetee
We report what is happening.

p.s. - Anwar never said that Swoopes was good. That's not what the reporting was based on.
I never said the reports were wrong. I don't think yall report false stuff. Yall report what yall have been told. I'm just saying, this is what is gonna happen if Shane goes off this season.

And "It's swoopes and it's not even close" DOES imply that Swoopes was good. Or that Shane Buechele was TERRIBLE.

Reactions: bozans
I never said the reports were wrong. I don't think yall report false stuff. Yall report what yall have been told. I'm just saying, this is what is gonna happen if Shane goes off this season.

And "It's swoopes and it's not even close" DOES imply that Swoopes was good. Or that Shane Buechele was TERRIBLE.
No, the implications at the time was that Shane wasn't truly ready a year ago, especially early in camp.

Being ready for this role is an issue that remains a concern.

So you're predicting that Collin Johnson will "only" have about as good a season as top 10 draft pick Roy Williams ever did, And then you say he comes back next year and blows that away?! Wow, the kool-aid is flowing!

Way to shoot for the stars!
Offenses are different now. Apples to oranges.

Reactions: matamoroshorn
You lost me at you can't do "the Little League World Series."
SMH. That's unamerican. A crowd of 26,500 who could do the LLWS packed historic Lamade Stadium in Williamsport, PA. on Saturday to watch the U.S. Championship game between Lufkin, Texas of the Southwest Region and Greenville, North Carolina of the Southeast Region. You missed a thriller as Texas scored 2 runs on a home run in the top of the 6th and final inning and won 6-5 in a game where they were down 5-0 after 3.

I was for San Antonio McAlister Park (Texas West) in the regionals, but they lost 2 tough one run games to Texas East (Lufkin) in the regionals. In their first game, S.A was one strike away from winning when Texas East hit a 2 run homer to tie it and then another run to win it. There's no doubt in my mind that S.A. had the 3rd best team in the nation after Lufkin and Greenville. I had no problem supporting Lufkin in the LLWS. Congrats to those boys.

Texas teams had lost 5 straight U.S. Championship games. Breaking the streak was sweet.

Unfortunately Texas, got steamrolled by the Japs in the World Championship, but there's little doubt in my mind that Japan cheated by recruiting players from outside their district's boundary. I wouldn't be surprised if Japan has to forfeit their title at some point in the future.

I have a feeling Shane is going to be to Ketch, what Swoopes was to Anwar.

People give anwar crap every day for reports about Swoopes being good. And people are gonna give Ketch crap every day after this season when Shane goes out and "does the damn thing".
I had a chance to get back on campus this past week, and what @Ketchum is reporting about Shane is accurate. He's going to need his RB's to step up. Having Foreman one more year would have paid HUGE dividends.

Orlando is installing his defense and trying to tighten everything up. I'm sure he's dumping the playbook on Shane. I'm not worried about Shane at all. I would wager he will be the 3rd or 4th best QB in the league which should translate to at least 9 wins. Maybe 10 if we stay healthy.

Reactions: JNEW19
I would like to know what Herman thought or had to say about Greg ward during Houstons fall camp.

Is there any media outlet covering the team reporting otherwise?

I have many little birdies. Many of them have high nests.

search

what is the combined score of the last three meetings between the two?

Based off that, UT will never beat TCU again, right? ;)

Seriously, I don't think that's an apples to apples comparison now that Herman is here.

I just don't get the hand-wringing over the Cowboys' defensive personnel. What's the difference between the defensive personnel in 2016 and this season's one? Brandon Carr and Barry Church? Church will be missed, but he wasn't a major contributor, and Carr never did anything of substance in Dallas besides be healthy enough to play every game.

I can understand people saying the Cowboys were lucky to win so many single score games in 2016 that probably won't all fall their way in 2017. I also understand those who say the schedule is harder than in 2016(although I don't see a big difference from the rest of the NFC East teams.) I just think the argument that the defense will doom regular season success is lazy considering the Cowboys won in 2014 and 2016 with arguably less talent on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT