ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (It's Prediction Time!)

I just don't get the hand-wringing over the Cowboys' defensive personnel. What's the difference between the defensive personnel in 2016 and this season's one? Brandon Carr and Barry Church? Church will be missed, but he wasn't a major contributor, and Carr never did anything of substance in Dallas besides be healthy enough to play every game.

I can understand people saying the Cowboys were lucky to win so many single score games in 2016 that probably won't all fall their way in 2017. I also understand those who say the schedule is harder than in 2016(although I don't see a big difference from the rest of the NFC East teams.) I just think the argument that the defense will doom regular season success is lazy considering the Cowboys won in 2014 and 2016 with arguably less talent on defense.

The Cowboys could use TJ Watt.

#8 - Congrats to the Reds - they deserved to win easily. Buy or Sell: Arsenal Wenger has been making side bets on Liverpool vs Arsenal the last two games - the proof: He benches Alexis to start the second game last season and Lacazette and Kolasinac today.
I can't believe he sat Lacazette today. It was a stunning line-up decision.
wish we could make a trade with another team trade a WR and back up for a RT

Still don't get the TCU love by many... Patterson is not going to ass rape Herman like he did Strong...

I think they are most experienced team in conference that lost a lot of close games last year. Patterson has a way of advancing such teams.

"The Cowboys look like a team that is going to hug the .500 line all season long. I just don't think the personnel on defense is good enough."

Absolutely wrong. We all know the Zeke potential suspended games but the defense minus the old DBs is about the same. They won't be a outstanding unit, but they'll be serviceable. And Dak has looked so much better and more confident/comfortable.

Reactions: JinSOTEX
You can comment on a fantasy television show, a farce of a boxing match, and European soccer in a sports internet column but you can't connect with a Texas Little League National Champs team...... from Lufkin! WTH! Under the title of "five more sport things". All you had to say was congratulation in less words than it took to imply that you were above commenting on a Texas state team that won a true national championship.

It's not when you find yourself wondering why people respect the Horned Frogs so much.
That might be the most illogical thing I've ever seen you type. So people respect the Horned Frogs in part because of what they did to the worst coached teams in Texas history the last three years?? (And before you use your favorite line, "that's not what I said" or a variation of it, that really can be your only point from the last thing you stated, which was that the last three years against Texas are relevant to why people respect TCU so much. They're not, unless you think Tom Herman makes no difference or very little difference at all.)

The Cowboys look like a team that is going to hug the .500 line all season long. I just don't think the personnel on defense is good enough.

Ketch, the above statement would have been accurate in late August of every year since 1997.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Shane is going to be to Ketch, what Swoopes was to Anwar.

People give anwar crap every day for reports about Swoopes being good. And people are gonna give Ketch crap every day after this season when Shane goes out and "does the damn thing".

Yes and it will be deserved. Ketch is going to end up eating a shit sandwich on his Shane comments all offseason and then will claim he never meant what people think.

what is the combined score of the last three meetings between the two?

Who cares? That was under charlie Strong who Patterson owned. Are we supposed to believe that automatically transfers to Tom Herman? Why? Some projections have tcu winning 6-7 games this year. Kenny Hill is trash.

Texas wins 10 games this year. Guess @Alex Dunlap will be the one mod to have called it

By the time we get to TCU we will be running on all cylinders. Hard to see us losing that game.

Props to Marquise Goodwin for going out of his way to talk to this kid.
You could tell he really cared. I'm an even bigger fan of his now.

Reactions: Hook 'em Danno
Ok, so I'm no Alex but if Wareheim and Herman are who we think they are don't you think they will scheme out enough help for the right tackle position? Yes, Conner, Vahe and McMillon have to be above average in handling their assignments, but we should be able to get Shack, the backs and whoever plays tight end to help out enough. It's not like Herman runs a bomb threat offense where the QB needs 10 seconds to get rid of the ball. O-Lines are judged as a group and Here's to hoping that the group keeps our guy upright and gives the backs the cracks they need. CHEERS! Football week!

Based off that, UT will never beat TCU again, right? ;)

Seriously, I don't think that's an apples to apples comparison now that Herman is here.
The point is that game can't be taken for granted, not that Texas will definitely lose.

"The Cowboys look like a team that is going to hug the .500 line all season long. I just don't think the personnel on defense is good enough."

Absolutely wrong. We all know the Zeke potential suspended games but the defense minus the old DBs is about the same. They won't be a outstanding unit, but they'll be serviceable. And Dak has looked so much better and more confident/comfortable.
we'll see. Hope you're right.

Reactions: txfight
That might be the most illogical thing I've ever seen you type. So people respect the Horned Frogs in part because of what they did to the worst coached teams in Texas history the last three years?? (And before you use your favorite line, "that's not what I said" or a variation of it, that really can be your only point from the last thing you stated, which was that the last three years against Texas are relevant to why people respect TCU so much. They're not, unless you think Tom Herman makes no difference or very little difference at all.)
You respect the person that whips your ass repeatedly, unless you're a Texas fan, apparently.;)

Ok, so I'm no Alex but if Wareheim and Herman are who we think they are don't you think they will scheme out enough help for the right tackle position? Yes, Conner, Vahe and McMillon have to be above average in handling their assignments, but we should be able to get Shack, the backs and whoever plays tight end to help out enough. It's not like Herman runs a bomb threat offense where the QB needs 10 seconds to get rid of the ball. O-Lines are judged as a group and Here's to hoping that the group keeps our guy upright and gives the backs the cracks they need. CHEERS! Football week!
I think they'll make do and get by. It's a situation that will keep Herman up late at night.

ADVERTISEMENT