ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Junior Day is a single step, not the journey)

I'm hoping that this was a mistake. No Tomsbtone on the top 10 makes me question everything about Ketch's movie judgment.

He also put Teen Wolf in his honorable mention... alongside Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart, Shawshank... yep, its Teen Wolf! QUEUE THE WTF GIFS PLEASE. No mention of Dances With Wolves, Amistad, Goodfellas, Schindlers List, and probably 25 others that I can think of just off the top of my head. Did you throw that joker in there just to see if someone would notice? If you're serious, I'm disgusted. That kind of poor judgement and irreverence for exceptional film work should not be publicized. I'm embarrassed for you and may God have mercy on your soul. Otherwise, great read tonight :)

I could be mistaken but wasn't James essentially booted for weed... I could be mistaking another one of our highly recruited linemen in the last 5 seasons. Agree on Raulerson, at least to the point of him being a plus player this past season had he stayed in ATX

Just chiming in on the whole Wyatt Earp is better than Tombstone. Lived a few years right outside of Tombstone and no one ever mentioned the movie "Wyatt Earp." The posters for Tombstone were everywhere, so the actual residents loved it and I still watch it. Saw Earp once...once.

BUY or SELL: "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" is one of the 10 best Westerns of all time?

(Buy) Absolutely. I think the real question is whether it cracks the top five. For my money, the list looks like this:

Outlaw Josey Wales not on list?? Come on Ketch you can do better.

Looking forward to seeing some early momentum with the 2018 Class.

Great movie list there Big Boss.. Lion and Patel for the win and if not there needs to be an investigation..

I agree. I've been at sea for most of 2016 so I never had got a chance to watch these movies, but from the trailers...Lion seems the most human. La La Land is a Hollywood movie for Hollywood.

I agree. I've been at sea for most of 2016 so I never had got a chance to watch these movies, but from the trailers...Lion seems the most human. La La Land is a Hollywood movie for Hollywood.

La La Land is fantastic. Some of the most breathtaking cinematography you will ever see.

It will win Best Picture,Best Director, and Best Cinematography and is a deserving candidate for all 3. Lion was great as well, but to be honest, I feel like I've seen that movie before. La La Land was something I had not experienced.

Fences was second best in my opinion. That movie really struck a chord with me and asked some questions about the family unit that I had not thought of before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mars512
La La Land is fantastic. Some of the most breathtaking cinematography you will ever see.

It will win Best Picture,Best Director, and Best Cinematography and is a deserving candidate for all 3. Lion was great as well, but to be honest, I feel like I've seen that movie before. La La Land was something I had not experienced.

Ok, you convinced me...I'll use this day off to check it out.

Reactions: TexasForever83
Love Actually on your honorable mention makes me feel better about myself. My girl gives me shit for liking it so much.

Which commit starts "errrbody" off for us?
I see an East Texas running back in UT's future.

Authentic?
Not sure your other Top 10 movies are authentic
It may be more authentic than Tombstone but no way was it better. Heck it was too long and very boring at times

Rarely is there a day that Tombstone is not on a cable channel. Tonight it is on CMT

I respect your movie expertise
But disagree with this one
I can't help it. I love Wyatt Earp.

Reactions: daflonghorn
It's February, man. We have many months to fill and I enjoy talking movies like many other posters. There's plenty of football talk.
I get it, it's just not my bag baby. Didn't mean to come across as being annoyed by the commentary. I enjoy movies just don't care about which ones win awards, there was a time when I did though.

A few notes on baseball's 2017 version of Morganna:
  • Spent the day with @TEXPIMP, his lovely side piece, mrs joeywa and my son, juniorwa; took in three college baseball games on Sat. There were a few beverages consumed, (as if this were ever in question)
  • OBs at the game included aforementioned and @Armadillo Slim @streettopeschel & @Rookie97; @DustinMcComas also popped in for a quick hello.
  • McComas is a freaking trooper. Hoops game and two baseball games in one day, multiple stories and some scouting work-all with a sinus infection. Hope you're feeling better. Give him a raise Ketch.
  • Special shout-out to Rookie and Slim for tickets-really appreciate the assistance.
  • Slim & STP departed Disch prior to 2017 Titty-gate
  • As Titty-gate was unfolding, I was seated up near Slim's seats underneath the press box. mrs joeywa and juniorwa were seated down near Pimp and his gal.
  • When @LonghornDale asked in the game thread what clown had bared his boobs on LHN behind the plate, I half-jokingly replied it was Pimp, as I didn't see it from my seat. Then the pic was posted on Twitter. Social media-ha.
  • Little known fact: Pimp was approached by an adoring fan postgame on the concourse. Said adoring fan had heard of the antics from a friend several hours away, and asked Pimp for a selfie. Pimp being Pimp obliged, again with his shirt open.
  • I see a future @TEXPIMP Section at The Disch.
  • Great to see some old friends/posters and to meet another seamhead (Rookie97 & his boy.)
  • Little known fact #2: Pimp promised, (pronounced "threatened" ;) ) to show his tits at the St Ed's game if there was a Grand Slam. There was a late Grand Slam by the Hilltoppers, and Pimp didn't fulfill his promise....at least not at that game.
  • Apologies to @Sportzcaster for twisting Pimp's arm and making him miss the youth bday event in Taylor. On the up side, the stories from Saturday will be retold for far longer than the ones from the event you attended. :cool:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Sportzcaster
The ONLY way "Teen Wolf" makes honorable mention on @Ketchum 's list is because he must've been engaged in sex (with someone else, no less) while watching it. Otherwise he would've passed up Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Animal House and countless others many times better than that waste of celluloid...

raulerson was entitled and wanted a guaranteed starting spot based off some practice footage his helicopter daddy had. when the coaches told him he would have to earn his spot, he started looking around for someone that would guarantee him a spot. first it was michigan, then ucla ( i think ), then smu, and finally arky agreed. make up whatever excuse you want or were told, but it's pretty strange that every school kept sending him to the next. texas doesn't need entitlement and cut that cancer out before it spread. the kid was a turnstile on the offensive line and wouldn't be starting over mcmillon or vahe. the mods only continue to talk him up cause his daddy gave them some other story and they believe it since he was a source for inside info. i wish we could've kept james though. he actually was very talented. oh, and spare me the part about drayton not having many opportunities because he's black. why does race have to be brought into everything? whether a coach is black or white, it's hard to jump from being a position coach to a head coach. almost everyone has to show some ability as a coordinator first. if he does a great job at texas, he'll get his shot.
That's not exactly what happened.

36 guys leave and 2 would have been nice to have had. One of which we easily could have had. Maybe attrition is a good thing much more than bad?
It can be both, but Texas purging its roster to the extent that 3/7 of the last seven recruiting classes were forced to transfer out for a variety of reasons is not a good thing.

He also put Teen Wolf in his honorable mention... alongside Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart, Shawshank... yep, its Teen Wolf! QUEUE THE WTF GIFS PLEASE. No mention of Dances With Wolves, Amistad, Goodfellas, Schindlers List, and probably 25 others that I can think of just off the top of my head. Did you throw that joker in there just to see if someone would notice? If you're serious, I'm disgusted. That kind of poor judgement and irreverence for exceptional film work should not be publicized. I'm embarrassed for you and may God have mercy on your soul. Otherwise, great read tonight :)
Teen Wolf cleaned up at the 1986 Oscars. Look it up.

I could be mistaken but wasn't James essentially booted for weed... I could be mistaking another one of our highly recruited linemen in the last 5 seasons. Agree on Raulerson, at least to the point of him being a plus player this past season had he stayed in ATX
James is a guy you don't boot for wood or any other trivial offense.

Just chiming in on the whole Wyatt Earp is better than Tombstone. Lived a few years right outside of Tombstone and no one ever mentioned the movie "Wyatt Earp." The posters for Tombstone were everywhere, so the actual residents loved it and I still watch it. Saw Earp once...once.
Sounds like you need to see it twice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT