ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Making a few bold predictions...)

Just seems like anyone that is the “real deal” would have had recruiting going a bit better. I’m afraid these recruiting disappointments is just foreshadowing the failures that are coming this Fall.
With the possible exceptions of 2013 & 2018, & probably only 2018, I think that these projected recruiting disappointments reflect the failures of the past eleven seasons. But no one’s signed an NLI yet. I think this staff’s coaching ability will be reflected in a CCG appearance and possible win this Fall, with a win leading to a CFP appearance. We’ve been closer these past three seasons than many acknowledge, and I think Sark & staff will break through.

More like their ballsy investment in a NC winning coach (whom UT would've never deigned to hire). The SEC move was a great decision as well, but they weren't going to do anything with Sumlin or most anyone else.
I’d argue that moving to the SEC and pouring a ton of money into their facilities were the only way the could attract a coach with skins on the wall.

Don Hutson, Lance Alworth, Bob Hayes? Was this an all time list or just the last 30 years or so? Oops, sorry, I am late to the party.
Those dudes don't really warrant serious discussion for a variety of reasons.

Hutson and Alworth were great players in their era.

You want to tell me who they bump out?

Fred Belitnikoff
Bob Hayes
Wesley Walker
Lance Alworth
Stanley Morgan

And on and on for the guys that played under the old rules. The contemporary WRs, I’m not sure how many would have had such long careers and stats back in the day? Some of them belong on the top 10, but so do some of the earlier pros.

Wesley Walker?

What on earth?

Reactions: DKinnamon
If that’s the case, then those who questioned Joseph’s recruiting chips are fully justified. I believe Gilbeau committed to old staff and Allen was basically recruited by Gideon. My worry was Valai had some recruiting momentum and we let him go and didn’t go after Raymond and jumped on Jospeh early in coaching process
That would be fair.

Early Texas Mack Brown ain’t walking though that door boys!!!

the big 12 is gonna be the death of Texas football…we will still win the sports that nobody watches but not football.

Reactions: harrylime
I thought about him long and hard. I won't fight you. It was close.

Torry holt only played 10 seasons, so his all time stats aren’t as elite as the Ironman like Larry fitz. Calvin Johnson had a short career but still is in the the top ten consideration.

chris carter
Steve smith
Hines ward
Reggie wayne
Issac Bruce

are also in the conversation.

Mack didn't have it cooking at this point in his first year.

He was literally offering roofers off the street.
Let’s just agree to not compare Sark and Mack for a LONG while. Mack is royalty and Sark is just a guy.

Last edited:
Paul Warfield was the best WR from the late 60’s and early 70’s. He was a freak! None of the older WRs have the stats as the WRs the last 10-15 years but Warfield was one of the most graceful, athletic and sure handed WR that ever played.

Oh, he most definitely is. You can't tell the story of the NFL without him. Not true at all of these other dudes.

At his absolute best, he help decide championships. Monster plays against monster players in monster games.
Beast.

Paul Warfield was the best WR from the late 60’s and early 70’s. He was a freak! None of the older WRs have the stats as the WRs the last 10-15 years but Warfield was one of the most graceful, athletic and sure handed WR that ever played.
Great player.

FINALLY . . . An article about Texas recruiting on here that is not sugar coated.

989d109b54e368142d0646489f9525dc.gif

This may be blasphemy but if I were building a team and I had my pick of receivers, I’d take Randy Moss all day long and twice on Sunday.

Reactions: bobarmstrong
No. 9 - Top 10 NFL Wide Receivers of All-time ...

Damnit, let's just argue.

10. Andre Johnson
9. Tim Brown
8. Julio Jones
7. Marvin Harrison
6. Michael Irvin
5. Terrell Owens
4. Calvin Johnson
3. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Randy Moss
1. Jerry Rice
I know he has the stats but don't believe that Tim Brown was a better receiver than Steve Smith (the consummate pro). I'd be curious to know how many times Brown was targeted versus Smith or to compare their QBs. It's also hard to leave Lance Alworth off. Have to compare them relative to their competition at the time. All in all, a great list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT