ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Making a few bold predictions...)

I've just heard that there are complicated dynamics.
It just does not look like they have enough offers out to other lesser schools top prospects. Baylor has 4 3* OL,
TCU has

I've just heard that there are complicated dynamics.
They need some more offers of other schools top commits. TCU OSU, Baylor, all have some high 3* and 4* players that we could have taken. Go after more West Coast kids. We are in trouble if a QB leaves also and we only have one in this class.

After reading his bio he should be on there.

Hutson is considered to have been the first modern receiver,[1] and is credited with creating many of the modern pass routes used in the NFL today. He was the dominant receiver of his day, during which he was widely considered one of the greatest receivers in NFL history.[2] Hutson was the first 1,000 yard receiver in the NFL.[3] He held almost all major receiving records at the time of his retirement, including career receptions, yards, and touchdowns.[4] He was inducted as a charter member of both the College Football Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Hutson's number 14 was the first jersey retired by the Packers, and he is a member of the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame. In 1969, Hutson was selected to the National Football League 50th Anniversary All-Time Team as one of the greatest players of the NFL's first 50 years. In 1994, Hutson was selected to the National Football League 75th Anniversary All-Time Team as one of the greatest players of the NFL's first 75 years. In 2019, he was unanimously selected to the NFL 100th Anniversary All-Time Team as one of the greatest play
which part?

Reactions: DKinnamon
Irvin 1995 season stats…

- 111 receptions
- 165 targets
- 1603 receiving yards
- 10 tds

The cowboys won da super bowl over da Steelers 27-17 with these game stats…

emmit smith had 70 yards and 2 tds.

jay novachek caught a td.

even neon deon caught a 57 yard pass.

irvin lead the passing attack with 10 targets, 5 receptions, and 75 yards.

lynn Swann and Jon Stallworth
They pretty much broke my heart rooting for the Cowboys as a kid. So yeah. Jerry Jones solved all that when he made the Cowboys irrelevant.

Now I just suffer the Longhorns and hope that Bill Powers’ Longhorn athletics legacy is nuked and the fields salted so that it may be a time erased forever.

Reactions: zooey
Oh, he most definitely is. You can't tell the story of the NFL without him. Not true at all of these other dudes.

At his absolute best, he help decide championships. Monster plays against monster players in monster games.
He’s not in the top 20 in all time receiving yards. Your a cowboy homer, only reason he is on that list.

Unless you know for sure I think it would be better to be more positive in thinking that offered recruits will be coming to Texas. If I was considering between Texas and another school and I looked at OB and saw I was probably going to go somewhere else that just might put that thought in my head. Who knows what these players are really thinking until they announce the choice so lets have more confidence.

If Sark doesn’t win big now, this program will be irrelevant for yet another decade - unreal what is happening.

also, Ketch and Such are now tied for dead last in the 10th place in the mod rankings

I really intensely dislike most of what they post lately

Last edited:
I probably should know this but what exactly is the purpose of the excellence fund?

I wouldn’t be surprised if our biggest NIL deal in the early years isn’t with a basket player such as Keyonte George. In general, hoopsters are FAR better at social media and building their brand than their football counterparts.

Pretty much we’ve reached the tipping point as Texas fans where basketball recruiting us more fun than football recruiting

Reactions: bevobrett
Mack didn't have it cooking at this point in his first year.

He was literally offering roofers off the street.

Yep. Clearly the young bucks have zero knowledge of what our recruiting was like 23 years ago this summer, and/or the olds can't remember. That was the summer of Matt Trissel, Antonio Moore, Jason Barron and Gerald Hanson.

A couple of those are coin flips.

I'm a little concerned that Harris might not have many fighting for Texas in his inner circle.

Mom likes Texas Ketch. You’ve always said watch mom.

That one appears complicated.

Probably not that complicated. Some just need to get to the realization that "always go with mom" has become a tired cliche in recent years. At the end of the day, any decent mom is going to want what's best for their son. And when your son is a 5-star player who is being HEAVILY courted by Nick Saban, exactly what about going to Texas is "best for your son?" Moms aren't naive. They know the numbers. Send a 5-star to Nick, and if they word their ass off and stay out of trouble, then in 3-4 years they are pretty much certain to cash in. Send a 5-star to Texas right now and who the hell knows. But again, "go with mom" is cliche. Who was the last high-profile elite level recruit we won out for due largely to mom?

Probably not that complicated. Some just need to get to the realization that "always go with mom" has become a tired cliche in recent years. At the end of the day, any decent mom is going to want what's best for their son. And when your son is a 5-star player who is being HEAVILY courted by Nick Saban, exactly what about going to Texas is "best for your son?" Moms aren't naive. They know the numbers. Send a 5-star to Nick, and if they word their ass off and stay out of trouble, then in 3-4 years they are pretty much certain to cash in. Send a 5-star to Texas right now and who the hell knows. But again, "go with mom" is cliche. Who was the last high-profile elite level recruit we won out for due largely to mom?
Saban is Harris' recruiter. The head man himself.

If Sark doesn’t win big now, this program will be irrelevant for yet another decade - unreal what is happening.

also, Ketch and Such are now tied for dead last in the 10th place in the mid rankings

I really intensely dislike most of what they post lately
No one seems happy that I have Texas getting Campbell and Stewart! Those are 2 five stars!

I wouldn’t be surprised if our biggest NIL deal in the early years isn’t with a basket player such as Keyonte George. In general, hoopsters are FAR better at social media and building their brand than their football counterparts.
agreed.

Saban is Harris' recruiter. The head man himself.

200.gif

I'm working on having more firepower in this realm.

I have faith. To be clear, that wasn't a knock on that front. Just the realization of how respective recruiting for both sports are going in rather different directions currently.

Reactions: bevobrett
I have faith. To be clear, that wasn't a knock on that front. Just the realization of how respective recruiting for both sports are going in rather different directions currently.
The good news is that there are some really good candidates out there. I might reach out and pick your brain on it.

ADVERTISEMENT