ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Making sense of the madness)

@Ketchum LOL...this collection of athletes with their experience wasn't winning 9 games this year if Urban or Harbaugh coached them. They might can win that many next if everything goes just right.

@Ketchum LOL...this collection of athletes with their experience wasn't winning 9 games this year if Urban or Harbaugh coached them. They might can win that many next if everything goes just right.

Cal was winnable.
Kansas State was winnable.
West Virginia was winnable.
Kansas was winnable.

All very winnable.

I think he was trying to buy time. Charlie wanted to talk to his team. He wanted to tell his staff (which looks to be he has now) and I would bet he actually wants to coach the tcu game and have one last time with his players. I wouldn't have worded it that way. I would have said something like we are evaluating the team after this Kansas loss and I have no other comment at this time

If he wanted to buy time he needed a better statement.

The moment he told the team he was out the message could no longer be controlled.

Did anyone really think it would come down to this? The signs pointed to ultimate failure, but the random nature of wins and losses made another year seem likely. Then West Virginia happened, and it seemed to suck the life out of the team and staff. There was little sign in Kansas of a focused and committed team and staff, although the circumstances dictated the need. Pictures of the bench just before overtime showed a dejected and defeated team. It was sad and disturbing.

Give the kids some slack, and an opportunity to win one for Charlie. They feel like they let him down. Then introduce them to their new coach and give them a chance to begin refocusing and renewing their goals and come together. Charlie had a great connection to his players, but he's not the only coach that does. New beginnings.

Reactions: OrangeMGB
If he wanted to buy time he needed a better statement.

The moment he told the team he was out the message could no longer be controlled.
We will see what happens tomorrow. Given the many national media reports charlie is out i can't imagine UT says nothing and Strong says nothing. I'm sure Perrin and Fenves have gotten calls all evening on how the news is clearly out there. Hell even the statesman reported it. They can't pretend it never happened. The media will be all over it

We will see what happens tomorrow. Given the many national media reports charlie is out i can't imagine UT says nothing and Strong says nothing. I'm sure Perrin and Fenves have gotten calls all evening on how the news is clearly out there. Hell even the statesman reported it. They can't pretend it never happened. The media will be all over it
X2.

I'd prepare for disappointment. Logic is a noncompliance to UT brass. That said, i'll be pleasantly surprised and RELIEVED if it is announced - but I don't expect it.

Well said. But I would like thoughts on the lack of an AD in this critical time. Who's gonna guide this ship? Hopefully Herman's desire and patience to come here is enough.

MacIntyre at CU is one of those underrated coaches. He built an absolutely craptastic SJ State team to 12-1 in the Mountain West, and is quietly doing the same at CU. He's a very solid coach. If he wins the Pac12, his stock will be on the rise, if he repeats next year or comes close, he'll be one of the hot commodities for a major program gig.

Reactions: McHorn
… Anyone on Orangebloods actually seen Hamilton on Broadway?

Saw it this summer with most of the main cast. Lin & The Roots did an amazing job with the soundtrack and the live show lived up to it and more with the performances. Can't recommend it enough if you get the chance whether on Broadway, Chicago, or on tour.

Reactions: Section30Horn
My wife saw Hamilton with her friends a few months ago (just as the hype was really taking off). It was a pretty life-affirming event for them. We don't make it down to Broadway very often, but she couldn't stop talking about how great that show was for weeks.

Reactions: Section30Horn
We screwed the Sadan thing up now this! Can we will we ever learn? Just a bunch of bubbas!

@Ketchum Tim Brewster???
8qkX4.gif

That lack of trust has been earned.
I'll tell you what I think (not necessarily mine) is an underlying fear of some or more people on this board: that Texas doesn't announce anything up to the game, and Texas beats TCU in an emotional win and CS is carried off the field and the fans cheer and players beg UT to keep Charlie... and Texas officials (who don't really want to fire Charlie per se) make an emotional decision and decide to keep Strong - a Les Miles redux.

Do I think this will happen? No. But could it happen? There's a sliver of a chance because until something official about Charlie being let go as coach is released, that sliver of doubt will remain. Obviously they'd have to win the game first otherwise it's a moot point.

Again, I'm not this paranoid, but... I can't give Texas the full benefit of the doubt either.

My wife saw Hamilton with her friends a few months ago (just as the hype was really taking off). It was a pretty life-affirming event for them. We don't make it down to Broadway very often, but she couldn't stop talking about how great that show was for weeks.
Incredible to see the responses.

Isn't Tim Brewster hated at Texas? He has a really bad rap from what I remember about his time.

Also, you all just need to own the fact that Anwar's report earlier was just flat out bad reporting. Don't church it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT