Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (On the six names that matter most...)

@Ketchum I’m surprised “Don’t Look Back in Anger” didn’t even make your top 10. I feel like everyone I know thinks it’s the most under rated song by the band. I guess this list continues that trend.
It just didn't stand out for me as some others.

Reactions: DKinnamon
Evan Stewart (WR - Frisco Liberty)
Devon Campbell (OL - Arlington Bowie)
Kelvin Banks (OL - Houston Summer Creek)
Kam Dewberry (OL - Humble Atascocita)
Omari Abor (DE - Duncanville)
Harold Perkins (LB - Cypress Park)
Denver Harris (CB - North Shore)
Bryce Anderson (DB - Beaumont Westbrook)
Brenen Thompson (Ath - Spearman)

I put the over/under line at 5.5 on this list.

Ok can someone show me the barrel thing?
"It is very difficult not to laugh when you hear someone say something was "mind-bottling." Will Ferrell gives a great explanation for this error in the film Blades of Glory: "You know when things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle?" Of course, what people mean to say is that something was so overwhelming, it was mind-boggling. The verb to boggle, a great term that is no longer very common in everyday conversation, means "to overwhelm or bewilder." Mind-boggling occurs when a mind is overwhelmed; mind-bottling occurs when friends aren't kind enough to correct other friends on their improper use of common English phrases."
Deer lowered. How long have you been on this site? It's not like he's an idoit .You just have to take some things with a grade of slaw.

Excellent read. Let’s sign a good class show it on the field and then maybe we can recruit at an elite level. I think we’re gonna have to show it on the field after the last two coaches.

ketch your comment on sense of urgency as far as the conference has my attention
What I don't understand from some of the recruits is why anyone would want to go to LSU. Their program is a dumpster fire now.

Evan Stewart (WR - Frisco Liberty)
Devon Campbell (OL - Arlington Bowie)
Kelvin Banks (OL - Houston Summer Creek)
Kam Dewberry (OL - Humble Atascocita)
Omari Abor (DE - Duncanville)
Harold Perkins (LB - Cypress Park)
Denver Harris (CB - North Shore)
Bryce Anderson (DB - Beaumont Westbrook)
Brenen Thompson (Ath - Spearman)

I put the over/under line at 5.5 on this list.
I think I'd probably take the under if my life was on the line.

Reactions: DKinnamon and B3VO_
... I'm not sure if I'm Luka Doncic that I'm making a long-term commitment to the Mavs. A player can't do more than he did Sunday to advance beyond the first round of the playoffs, and his supporting cast just isn't good enough. Mark Cuban better get to putting some better pieces around that dude.
While I agree that they need to put a better supporting cast around him, I doubt he turns down a 5 year / $200M+ extension as he'll be eligible for the Rose max. That being said, if they continue to put shit teams around him you will likely run into an AD situation as that contract nears its end. And I wouldn't even blame him at that point.

While I agree that they need to put a better supporting cast around him, I doubt he turns down a 5 year / $200M+ extension as he'll be eligible for the Rose max. That being said, if they continue to put shit teams around him you will likely run into an AD situation as that contract nears its end. And I wouldn't even blame him at that point.
Pretty much. He's in line for the biggest NBA contract of all-time, but the time is ticking on the Mavs.

Pretty much. He's in line for the biggest NBA contract of all-time, but the time is ticking on the Mavs.
Think this is about 4 years premature, but if he’s entering his prime around 26/27 and they’re still getting bounced in the first round, I’d be shocked if he doesn’t ask for a trade. Guys like him don’t grow on trees and all they want to do is win.

Think this is about 4 years premature, but if he’s entering his prime around 26/27 and they’re still getting bounced in the first round, I’d be shocked if he doesn’t ask for a trade. Guys like him don’t grow on trees and all they want to do is win.
It's not premature when you can see it coming from a mile away.

@Ketchum

let’s play a game of what if

What if Ewers and Card were in the same class. Who do you rank at #1 and by what margin.

(Buy) Let me introduce you to Ja'Tavion Sanders. He's good.
===========================================================

I guess I just always assumed that Sanders would end up on defense at UT. And I had that assumption because I also assumed that he was an elite prospect as both a TE and a DE. And if I'm correct the value placed on elite DE's is a little higher than the value placed on elite TE's.

(Buy) Let me introduce you to Ja'Tavion Sanders. He's good.
===========================================================

I guess I just always assumed that Sanders would end up on defense at UT. And I had that assumption because I also assumed that he was an elite prospect as both a TE and a DE. And if I'm correct the value placed on elite DE's is a little higher than the value placed on elite TE's.
He's more ready to play tight end and be a difference maker immediately than at DE.

He's more ready to play tight end and be a difference maker immediately than at DE.
Ok, that makes sense. But am I correct in thinking we have some really good TE prospects and not nearly as many really good DE prospects? Is it possible he plays some on defense in 2022/2023?

Not trying to argue, just not used to having a guy who is as good a prospect as he is on both sides of the ball.

Ok, that makes sense. But am I correct in thinking we have some really good TE prospects and not nearly as many really good DE prospects? Is it possible he plays some on defense in 2022/2023?

Not trying to argue, just not used to having a guy who is as good a prospect as he is on both sides of the ball.
You are correct.

But, he's better than all the TEs.

I put in the Luka bust thread as his agent will ask for an opt out in 2026-2027 season probably so they have until then.

Very good article by Bobby Marks on ESPN as it shows the bind the Mavs are in right now as far as improving.

I did not realize that Brunson can become a unrestricted free agent next summer if the Mavs don't extend him.

May be time to see what they can get for KP. Not sure on the market.

I had said earlier this year would they take DeRozan and the Spurs lottery pick for him and Mavs said no way. Wonder if they would do it now?