ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Patterson has been UT's daddy lately and that needs to change)

I would shut down Sam for the year if Beuchell stays healthy and plays reasonably well, let his noggin heal properly. I'd hate to lose his future just to get to the Texas Bowl.

@Ketch, has Vahe really improved?

I would shut down Sam for the year if Beuchell stays healthy and plays reasonably well, let his noggin heal properly. I'd hate to lose his future just to get to the Texas Bowl.

@Ketch, has Vahe really improved?
slightly, but yes.

Reactions: cnapp
Re: This:
Players that I believe have definitely improved on that side of the ball: Reggie Hemphill-Mapps and Patrick Vahe. That's it.

What about Lil Jordan Humphrey? Did he just not get enough play last year to consider his performance this year as improved? I think he's one of the most dynamic players on offense who deserves more touches. (i realize i sound like a broken record on this.)

Damn DJ was fun to watch. Malik is playing well but he is NO DJ. If Malik comes back in 2018, he will have a shot to be a 1st rounder.

Reactions: Mddwg and txfight
lulz. Let's not pretend like Jose didn't turtle up against Liverpool and play for a 0-0 result.
He did and accomplished his goal. Mou continues to do his thing. Nah, he’s never won anything of note. ;)

BUY or SELL: 3-1 finish down the stretch, bowl game and top-5 finish in recruiting?

(Buy) I've said all year that this team would finish strongly in November and I'm not backing down now as the schedule begins to present lower hurdles. The top five thing in recruiting is probably going to be close, but Holton Hill will help a lot..

How does Holton Hill specifically help out with a top-5 finish in recruiting? Early entrant into the NFL thus selling early PT for Cook?

Reactions: Other Barry
Re: This:
Players that I believe have definitely improved on that side of the ball: Reggie Hemphill-Mapps and Patrick Vahe. That's it.

What about Lil Jordan Humphrey? Did he just not get enough play last year to consider his performance this year as improved? I think he's one of the most dynamic players on offense who deserves more touches. (i realize i sound like a broken record on this.)
He probably should be added to the list, but I don't know that he's improved as much as he's simply played.

Reactions: Mddwg
* The biggest Texas de-commitment of the last half-decade might have been the loss of current Notre Dame starting tight end Durham Smythe. He's EXACTLY what this offense is missing at that position.

That's such a bizarrely random and inaccurate statement. On so many levels.

TCU owns us, but so did Kansas State once. Time to turn this crap around, but I don't think it happens until 2018.

Malik tackles now -- Johnson tackled as a freshman. Imagine if he had had 3 years with the current LD coach. Speaking of tackling, HH's play on the screen was purrrrfect. How he came back after that knee to the head makes me wonder about the "concussion protocol." Been waiting to read that he's had headaches and is now on the watch list; hopefully not.

Nice to have two solid QBS, IMO, who aren't even close to their potential yet. I think your Push is reasonable, because I think Shane may opt out if Sam comes back. But, man, I can't help but think of David Ash. Do concussions ever really "heal?"

Glad the Pats played Houston early. Watson almost beat them then; want no part of him in the playoffs.

Can't root for the Pokes -- Jerry Jones... 'nuff said.

Just rewatched The Firm on cable; not one of TC's best films but very watchable. Pretty impressive list. His new movie is up next for wife and me.

Hook 'em!!!

1. Why are we not seeing more DL recruits wanting to play at Texas after the year they have had on D?
2. How many de-commitments do you think we have?
3. How many transfers do you see for this year any 2 deep?

@Ketchum

"What I won't allow is for Beck to be slotted into a spot where he gets ALL the blame when things go bad and NONE of the credit when things go good."

Good for you bud. I am by no means a fan of Beck. I think I have seen enough to state he isn't going to call games that will get us to a championship level. I think.

What I do know is this.

This o line is horrendous.
Neither qb fits what HERMAN wants to do.
He is trotting out a true freshman or true sophomore behind this o line. That is a scary proposition with a good o line.
Little to no run game to lean on. (Maybe that is changing with the young guys)

There is a lot of variables to consider before yelling fire in a crowded theater on this offense.....yet. Beck called probably his best game of the year this weekend. Let's see if they can build on it going forward.

If Ehlinger is available and Texas plays him, this article is waste of time. Just, weird.

I love the number of doctors we have on this site, especially the concussion experts.

I’m no head doc but I’ve had a diagnosed consission due to a auto accident. After that experience I will always defer to the experts over journalists and coaches.

Reactions: allworldhorn
@Ketchum

"What I won't allow is for Beck to be slotted into a spot where he gets ALL the blame when things go bad and NONE of the credit when things go good."

Good for you bud. I am by no means a fan of Beck. I think I have seen enough to state he isn't going to call games that will get us to a championship level. I think.

What I do know is this.

This o line is horrendous.
Neither qb fits what HERMAN wants to do.
He is trotting out a true freshman or true sophomore behind this o line. That is a scary proposition with a good o line.
Little to no run game to lean on. (Maybe that is changing with the young guys)

There is a lot of variables to consider before yelling fire in a crowded theater on this offense.....yet. Beck called probably his best game of the year this weekend. Let's see if they can build on it going forward.

I would counter your position, but it is not allowed.

Reactions: EG-man
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT