ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Players I'd stand on a small mound of dirt for...)

(Sell) It might be the other way around. Of course, I just described Milroe as a young Donovan McNabb, so maybe it could be that way. It'll be fascinating to watch unfold.
What does that mean?

Sam is Vince in your eyes?

I want to buy the Eagles stock. I really do. He's got talent. What this team lacks is a go to guy... I'm not sure he's the guy.

Reactions: mutt29
Longhorns are college. Not pro. Mcnabb won nothing.Watson won a championship. And people have a jaded memory of Simms. He was an amazing passer.
2 for 2
I liked Simms. I'd pick him over Major...but 58.7% passing doesn't make him incredible. Arm talent doesn't just mean the ability to throw the ball far, it means accuracy, as well. McNabb, in college, would have won a title on that Clemson team. Conversely, Watson wouldn't have won a title on McNabb's Syracuse team. Definitely not 2 for 2.

I want to buy the Eagles stock. I really do. He's got talent. What this team lacks is a go to guy... I'm not sure he's the guy.
Being the guy is about having the mentality, too. Not sure I see anything out of Eagles that suggest to me he is going to outplay a healthy Collin Johnson, who had a strong junior season. But I hope he does.

Reactions: KoolMoD
I liked Simms. I'd pick him over Major...but 58.7% passing doesn't make him incredible. Arm talent doesn't just mean the ability to throw the ball far, it means accuracy, as well. McNabb, in college, would have won a title on that Clemson team. Conversely, Watson wouldn't have won a title on McNabb's Syracuse team. Definitely not 2 for 2.

McNabb’s college completion percentage was 58.4.

Reactions: HornLegacy
Tap the break with the enthusiasm or else we are going to be really disappointed when the season is cancelled. I’m not letting myself get past 50/50 on the season, let alone some of the giddiness (11 wins etc) on OB recently.

Also, how are Jordan and Brad Pitt not on the cool dude list?

Card better arm talent than Simms or Adam Dunn?
Adam Dunn never played a down at Texas, so we really have zero idea how he spun it, or if he was accurate. I believe he knew je would not play over Applewhite, plus the Reds opened up the bank vault for him. I admit it may be early to place Card anywhere as he has yet to play a down, either. I'd take Colt's accuracy over Simms arm strength any day of the week.

Adam Dunn never played a down at Texas, so we really have zero idea how he spun it, or if he was accurate. I believe he knew je would not play over Applewhite, plus the Reds opened up the bank vault for him. I admit it may be early to place Card anywhere as he has yet to play a down, either. I'd take Colt's accuracy over Simms arm strength any day of the week.
Dunn at QB probably would’ve turned out like Jeff George. An absolute laser arm, but that doesn’t mean it would translate to wins.

I’m an old and went to school when students could go watch spring practice. Dunn had a cannon

I like our DLine Vs LSU’s new Oline and I think it’s the difference in the game. Their receivers are outstanding but I think us getting pressure on Brennan is the difference in the game. Will be a close one for sure
The Texas defensive line has done nothing to warrant receiving the benefit of the doubt at this point IMO.

Reactions: leej4445
No. 5 - One of the all-time "What Could Have Beens" ...

Don't ask me why, but I was thinking of former five-star defensive end prospect Bryan Pickryl this weekend and wondering if he might be the biggest talent loss to injury for the Longhorns over the course of the last 20 years.

Yep.

Marco Martin is another guy I wish had not been injured. He had quickness most really big guys don't have.
Marco was a freak pre-injury, but his weight was always going to be a concern.

Are you saying Hudson Card might be better than even Garrett Gilbert?
He wasn't a better high school player and I don't know that he had the "It" that I thought Garrett had, but his arm tools and athleticism are better.

passing accuracy doesn't make for arm talent.

Tap the break with the enthusiasm or else we are going to be really disappointed when the season is cancelled. I’m not letting myself get past 50/50 on the season, let alone some of the giddiness (11 wins etc) on OB recently.

Also, how are Jordan and Brad Pitt not on the cool dude list?
Both were on it at various stages today. Tough cuts. I had to get Swayze on the list.

Reactions: Fan in Dallas
passing accuracy doesn't make for arm talent.
Well, then arm talent is a crappy guage. If that is your standard, Rick McKivor could throw the ball further,cand harder, than most of our QBs left handed.

Adam Dunn never played a down at Texas, so we really have zero idea how he spun it, or if he was accurate.
No offense, but just because you don't have any idea, it doesn't mean that some of us don't or didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT