ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Players I'd stand on a small mound of dirt for...)

I am not sure I agree with Eagles being a sure fire player over Smith and Ingram.

IMO Ingram is very unappreciated by most on this board. I look for him to have a really good year. The only thing that held Smith back was playing behind maybe the best WR in all of college football. This led to his frustration that he did not react well to. Look for him to be lights out this year.

I could argue winning a championship in 2020 is one of the toughest, most unique ever.

If it gets really torn up with positive cases and dudes having to sit, it will certainly water it down.

But if one of my teams wins something here in the next 6 months, I will still get absolutely hammered in the streets and tell everyone to shove it for the rest of my life.

Reactions: Gmar3323
Neither Michael Jackson nor Prince was cool. Amazing artists no doubt. But not cool. You didn’t want to hang out with or “be” Michael or Prince except in the studio.

I think we need to supplement Story Time with Where are They Now for the 2000’s team stars, fan favorites, and injured players. Obviously don’t include any updates that would embarrass people. But I have liked a few of the updates OB has done in the past, like you did on Irby.

i think @Ketchum has confused “cool” and “dudes” with talent. His top 2 picks might be the 2 most talented performers in the history of performing.

But “dudes”?? Those aren’t dudes. To be honest - they were also more socially awkward than they were “cool.”

You might have to take a lap for your top 2 Ketch. Or at least rename your list to “Top Performers/Entertainers of All Time”

I crossed paths with Brian P professionally. He’s a great guy with a brute future. I geeked a bit when I met him and tried to help as much as I could.

If we don't get a football season, the worst part for me is not getting to see Bijan or Whittington for another whole year.

So do you believe we hang on to JQJ and Milroe? That’s a tough ask if Card is automatically QB1 after Sam.
I think JQJ would stay and be a hell of a WR. Could also be a good LB but he looks like he needs the ball imo.

Tap the break with the enthusiasm or else we are going to be really disappointed when the season is cancelled. I’m not letting myself get past 50/50 on the season, let alone some of the giddiness (11 wins etc) on OB recently.

Also, how are Jordan and Brad Pitt not on the cool dude list?
I agree. Between keeping sognificant players out of quarentne and the likelihood of more social unrest issues exploding over the course of the season this will be the most exasperating and unfun college season ever. 50/50 it is competed.

I acknowledge he was a cool performer. Probably the most talented I have ever seen. But weird and reclusive isn't cool. At least to me....Prince wailing on guitar in front of 20k people? Very cool. Prince the song writer and producer? Extremely cool. Prince, the odd reclusive multimillionaire? Not that cool to me....
The man changed his name to a symbol in the 90s and no one batted an eye because he's a cultural supernova that transcended time for more than three decades.

Reactions: McGuapo
2020 will be the year of the sports asterisk across the board. There won’t be a legitimate champion in any of the team sports. But will anyone care? Just having it back will be the most important thing.
fair enough.

The only thing that held Smith back was playing behind maybe the best WR in all of college football.
well, that and his coaches lost their trust in him as the season went along because of constant mistakes, albeit freshman mistakes.

You put this same evil on G Gilbert and G Davis back in the day. :(
By evil, do you simply mean hype over kids I've rated incredibly highly? I mean... I hype the hell out of every five star kid I rank.

I called Tommy Brockermeyer a 6-star.

Is that evil?

Reactions: CenTex Horn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT