ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Players I'd stand on a small mound of dirt for...)

By evil, do you simply mean hype over kids I've rated incredibly highly? I mean... I hype the hell out of every five star kid I rank.

I called Tommy Brockermeyer a 6-star.

Is that evil?
No, I mean, “Garrett Gilbert / Hudson Card is the QB that Greg Davis / Mike Yurcich has been waiting for his entire career“.

I have no issue with how much you hyped either quarterback. I’m fact, I suspect you’re going to be right on the money with Card.

I’m just joking about the similarity of the above, and crossing my fingers and toes that it isn’t a jinx!

a. Bijan looks like a dude that's taking someone's job.

b. Card will have a major edge IMO. he already has a major edge in the reps and offense he comes from.

c. If it can avoid the pitfalls that always seem to bite Tom Herman teams.

d. Cam to NE happened just after I posted. I think that has a chance to work out really, really well for him.
Drayton’s RB rotation means who starts probably doesn’t matter. There’s only been one game in Ingram’s two year tenure when he’s had more than 20 carries. Drayton isn’t a “feed the beast” kind of guy.

Reactions: Bevo 24
@Ketchum In your “three words” post you wrote:
“It won't happen again. If nothing else, I'm giving myself a one month Twitter suspension. The world can operate without my observations for a while... clearly.”

i hopped on Twitter and my notifications, I had a “Recent Tweet from Geoff Ketchum”
Looks like you lasted about 8 days.

Reactions: Walt Longmire
Yes Liverpool winning is like the Cleveland Browns winning, a Team that used To he good s long time ago, went thru a loooong period of wandering in the desert who now are winning

this is a terrible take. Liverpool is one of the two greatest England clubs ever (along w ManU). They are definitely not the Browns. Red Sox or Alabama s the 2000s would be a better analogy. Past great programs that are poised to make a long sustained championship streak.

Both were on it at various stages today. Tough cuts. I had to get Swayze on the list.

somehow I also missed Kurt Cobain. Led the most influential band of the 90’s - he reached everyone and was globally recognizable.

The way I would think about this coolest guy list would be their persona outside of their popularity within their trade. i.e. Michael Jackson and Prince were everywhere and impacted so many, but in a similar way so was Jordan.

Junior was pretty cool but he was no MJ.

Keanu is fine but Pitt was more popular then, and probably still more iconic today.

I would give the nod to Cobain over Swayze, ultimately. Swayze was a star, but I think a broader set of people would say Cobain was iconic. Just think about his influence on hip hop etc.

No, I mean, “Garrett Gilbert / Hudson Card is the QB that Greg Davis / Mike Yurcich has been waiting for his entire career“.

I have no issue with how much you hyped either quarterback. I’m fact, I suspect you’re going to be right on the money with Card.

I’m just joking about the similarity of the above, and crossing my fingers and toes that it isn’t a jinx!
I got you, but I also was insanely high on Sam Ehlinger and that's turned out well.

Drayton’s RB rotation means who starts probably doesn’t matter. There’s only been one game in Ingram’s two year tenure when he’s had more than 20 carries. Drayton isn’t a “feed the beast” kind of guy.
How much input does the OC typically have into RB reps in a game? Do we expect Yurcich to have a different view than Herman did when he was OC?

This is a feed the beast kind of school.

@Ketchum In your “three words” post you wrote:
“It won't happen again. If nothing else, I'm giving myself a one month Twitter suspension. The world can operate without my observations for a while... clearly.”

i hopped on Twitter and my notifications, I had a “Recent Tweet from Geoff Ketchum”
Looks like you lasted about 8 days.
I need it for things like promoting articles, podcasts, etc..

I found myself in a position where it was pretty pointless to record podcasts if I can't let people know they've been made.

You'll notice almost every Tweet is content related outside of a Liverpool comment or two. I haven't been editorial at all.

Reactions: Elliot Carlin
somehow I also missed Kurt Cobain. Led the most influential band of the 90’s - he reached everyone and was globally recognizable.

The way I would think about this coolest guy list would be their persona outside of their popularity within their trade. i.e. Michael Jackson and Prince were everywhere and impacted so many, but in a similar way so was Jordan.

Junior was pretty cool but he was no MJ.

Keanu is fine but Pitt was more popular then, and probably still more iconic today.

I would give the nod to Cobain over Swayze, ultimately. Swayze was a star, but I think a broader set of people would say Cobain was iconic. Just think about his influence on hip hop etc.
I just know that when Swayze made Dirty Dancing, thew world stopped for almost every woman in the USA.

Leo or Pitt have been able to date how many supermodel caliber girls over quite a long span?

Prince has nothing on that sorry

Leo or Pitt have been able to date how many supermodel caliber girls over quite a long span?

Prince has nothing on that sorry
As someone pointed out, Prince not only dated supermodel caliber women, but he changed their names along the way.

As someone pointed out, Prince not only dated supermodel caliber women, but he changed their names along the way.

You think Prince dated hotter girls than Leo in quality and quantity?

You think Prince dated hotter girls than Leo in quality and quantity?
I don't think you have a clear handle on who and what Prince was if you have to ask the question.

When Leo wants to get busy with those super models, he turns on a Prince song.

The man changed his name to a symbol in the 90s and no one batted an eye because he's a cultural supernova that transcended time for more than three decades.
No, the majority of folks thought it was goofy as hell, and either stopped worrying about him completely, or just kept calling him Prince. You were stuck in "Man, that is so cool," mode, and kept him on a pedestal. Pretty much anyone who dealt with him in a professional capacity describe him as uber-talented and uber-weird. If that meets your definition for "cool," then he was super cool to you....you've already had 10-15 dissenters on one post....I don't think his universal coolness is unquestioned. It isn't even unquestioned on this board.

We’re talking the same language. It will be interesting to see if Yurcich allows Drayton to determine his RB rotation or if he takes control of personnel decisions.
I never seen running backs coaches with the power that the running backs coaches of the last half-decade have had. It's a little strange for me.

Reactions: Bevo 24
I don't think you have a clear handle on who and what Prince was if you have to ask the question.

When Leo wants to get busy with those super models, he turns on a Prince song.

Guess he wasn't that cool then

No, the majority of folks thought it was goofy as hell, and either stopped worrying about him completely, or just kept calling him Prince. You were stuck in "Man, that is so cool," mode, and kept him on a pedestal. Pretty much anyone who dealt with him in a professional capacity describe him as uber-talented and uber-weird. If that meets your definition for "cool," then he was super cool to you....you've already had 10-15 dissenters on one post....I don't think his universal coolness is unquestioned. It isn't even unquestioned on this board.
Huff, he was a style icon for four decades.

Prince as goofy?

Hoo-boy...

You and I have disagreed a lot over the last 20 years, but never more than right now :)

Oh that's definitely not true - this might make the Top 3

But it isn't #1 / we won't be fighting about this topic for a 3 year period right?

Have any of us ever remotely been as cool as he was in 1984?

prince-1a6aa5fe-b2f1-4f6f-a135-0053d8e049aa.jpg
Pretty sure I have not but he is still not what I think of as cool. He is more eccentric which can be cool as well just not my first choice.
One of the coolest people I knew just passed away. He was recently retired, he was a little Harley rider, a little restored Cadillac convertible that him and his wife would drive around, always had a wisecrack/smart ass comment but always in a fun loving manner, a little Navy and really smart. He was not what I thought cool was growing up with Fonzie, Duke boys, Fall Guy... and I am not even sure what cool is anymore but he was it. A story from him when he was working down in Mexico with an Oil company, the federalies break to door down guns pulled, after a little bit he calmly asks them “well, are you gonna shoot or what?” Another, while working for a fortune 10 company a VP was visiting the office and comes by his area that has the sign “CRAP Crew” (He worked with the biggest issues and issues) And the VP asked what that sign was about and without missing a beat he said we are the “Chronic Repair And Provisioning” Crew. They all just laughed and moved along. Some I would think are cool now are McConaughey, DeCaprio, Denzel, Timberlake, Beckham, Willie, Snoop, Sean Connery.

Reactions: Walt Longmire
Ketch: "This is a feed the beast kind of school."

Ingram is a good back, but not really a beast...yet.
I know he had some injury problems and some good games, but
LSU 10/29 with a critical drop
WV 11/18
OU 2/9
ISU 8/9

is not 'beast' mode.

Personally, I liked RJ better last year. Ingram will get plenty of carries whenever we play next, but he has a ways to go to be seen as a 'beast'...jmho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT