ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Prediction time...)

Some big #s from @Ketchum regarding Card and the passing game.

In 2018 Ehlinger completed 275 passes for 3292 yads. 25 Tds and 5 picks
In 2019 Sam completed 296 passes for 3663 yrads. 32 TDs and 10 picks. So @Ketchum is essentially predicting the same production from Card. But without Duvernay or Colin Johnson?

65 to Whit
50 to Worthy
85 to the TE spot

So about 96 remaining completions to the backs and other receivers (basically Josh Moore and Kai Money? In an offense who's main strength should be running the ball with Bijan, RoJo, and Robinson?

I don't see it.

Put me down for 235 completions on 385 attempts for 2700 yards. 24 TDs and 9 picks.
I'm trusting the man in your avatar more than you are!

That baseball movie list is... not the way I'd rank them.
giphy.gif

I'm trusting the man in your avatar more than you are!

Fair enough. If we are throwing the ball that much though, something might be wrong. Either the running game isn't there or we are having to score a lot of points because of the defense. I hope you're right though.

Re: Moneyball, enjoyable movie but so laughable that there is zero mention they hit a trifecta on young pitchers with Hudson/Mulder/Zito.

In almost 20 years the highlight of Beane’s GM career was a meaningless regular season winning streak. And that becomes a movie? He won ONE a playoff series. There is a reason th e movie ends when it does - because that playoff series was an epic failure. And when asked about repeat playoff failure does Bean take any responsibility? Nope. Says ALL baseball playoff success is luck. it can’t possibly be things like 2014 trading Cespedes for Lester when you had the best record and baseball and then collapsing, barely making the playoffs, and then Lester getting bombed by KC in a wild card game.

And by giving Lewis access the entire league knew his methodology. Which helped them and hurt him going forward - but he cared more about his ego. and getting PR. The draft that’s presented in th e movie? A complete dud. It would be like making a movie about 1990 Texas football. Just focus on the middle and ignore the gag jab versus Colorado and the disaster b Miami, and the disastrous years that followed.

And then I got stuck with Daryl Morey with the Rockets. Another guy who overstates his own brilliance, makes trade after trade sometimes because he gets bored, builds a solid regular season team that can’t ever win when it matters because he don’t build what was actually needed. Yet people say “look at that great trade”and ignore what matters - the trophy room.

Reactions: Hookem AML
6. Jordan Whittington will lead the team in receptions, but it feels like too tall of an ask to expect him to be near the 100-reception total I believe he's capable of. I'm going to put him down for 65.
Lets assume for a moment Whittington stays healthy all season....what do you think his statline is?
8. Texas will enter its game against Oklahoma State with a 3-2 record and at a bit of a season crossroads. Card will throw for 330 yards and four touchdowns in a bit of a coming out party performance. Texas wins 41-23.
I believe Okie Lite is our 7th game. Shouldn't record reflect 6 games total?

Did you mean 3-3 going into that game?

If so...you think we open 3-0, then drop 3 straight??

Reactions: texasfight11
Lets assume for a moment Whittington stays healthy all season....what do you think his statline is?

Okie State is indeed our 7th game. He probably meant 4-2 (losses vs ou and tcu). We play Tech after Rice and before TCU.

I recently tried to re-watch Bull Durham, a movie I thought I loved. That early scene with Sarandon and the two guys is awful - hide your eyes awful. I did not know how how horrible the dialog was when I was younger. Some good scenes in the movie but overall- not good.
Thank you. It’s such a cornball movie. The holding power and love is purely nostalgia from a generation that watched it as kids/teens. Space Jam is similar but it is an even worse movie.

In almost 20 years the highlight of Beane’s GM career was a meaningless regular season winning streak. And that becomes a movie? He won ONE a playoff series. There is a reason th e movie ends when it does - because that playoff series was an epic failure. And when asked about repeat playoff failure does Bean take any responsibility? Nope. Says ALL baseball playoff success is luck. it can’t possibly be things like 2014 trading Cespedes for Lester when you had the best record and baseball and then collapsing, barely making the playoffs, and then Lester getting bombed by KC in a wild card game.

And by giving Lewis access the entire league knew his methodology. Which helped them and hurt him going forward - but he cared more about his ego. and getting PR. The draft that’s presented in th e movie? A complete dud. It would be like making a movie about 1990 Texas football. Just focus on the middle and ignore the gag jab versus Colorado and the disaster b Miami, and the disastrous years that followed.

And then I got stuck with Daryl Morey with the Rockets. Another guy who overstates his own brilliance, makes trade after trade sometimes because he gets bored, builds a solid regular season team that can’t ever win when it matters because he don’t build what was actually needed. Yet people say “look at that great trade”and ignore what matters - the trophy room.
I'm glad you were able to get that out of your system. ;)

I meant 4-2.

Thank you. It’s such a cornball movie. The holding power and love is purely nostalgia from a generation that watched it as kids/teens. Space Jam is similar but it is an even worse movie.
Did you just say that Bull Durham is.... ahem... "similar" to Space Jam?

Reactions: Gus McCrea
This. @Ketchum pounded a lot of kool-aid this weekend it seems. When I read 3 TEs combining for 85 catches I know the kool-aid is flowing.
Well, he is being directly exposed to players talking about the team on an almost daily basis. ;)

And Field of Dreams is overrated. It’s whatever. Yeah, I said it.

It was his last home game or his career and there were a number of calls that went against Texas that hinted that a major fix was in.

I rooted for Baylor that day. It was flagrant.
I was there too. Worst I have ever seen. There was one call where there were 2 possible outcomes and the refs invented a third.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT