ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Providing answers to what has happened with recruiting...)

Wait. I'm still confused. Can you elaborate a little more?
Ingram split the workload with Tre Watson last season. Ingram got 38 fewer touches than Watson last season and still managed nearly 900 yards. I'm expecting an overall improvement in the rushing game. I think the avg. per carry should go up from 3.8 to something like 4.3 per carry. That in and of itself should mean Ingram's production goes up.

Do you expect Johnson to have significant production? Are you expecting Whittington's production to be greater than Watson's?

Thanks.
I think both have a chance to be 1,000-yard total offense backs.

Reactions: TheRubicon
I can't help it that one player was awarded at the highest level in his league eight times, while your guy was awarded with it only three times.

Face it, your guy is the Paul Moliter of the EPL.... an absolute all-time great and deserving for the Hall of Fame... but his excellence at peak level is somewhat limited, which is why there are only a few seasons where he was recognized as such.
This has been fun, Ketch. We should pick up some more pointless banter when the season begins. 1 week!

Great Thoughts this week Ketch. That was some great data seeing scholarships offered and the staff turning it up. I love the adjustment made there. Ironically, that slower process may have cost us the Austin Corner who commited to Bama Latrell McCutchin. I also feel like that one may not be over yet if we have a big year.

Great Thoughts this week Ketch. That was some great data seeing scholarships offered and the staff turning it up. I love the adjustment made there. Ironically, that slower process may have cost us the Austin Corner who commited to Bama Latrell McCutchin. I also feel like that one may not be over yet if we have a big year.
Long way to go IMO. Get him in for the LSU game and let the re-recruiting process begin.

Reactions: HkmTxsLnghrns
Reactions: SarkAfterDark
Sorry if that offended you. I'm a devout follower of Christ and grateful for that call. St. Paul spoke of tailoring himself to his audience in order to be an effective evangelist. (1 Cor. 9.20) and that type of pious phraesology tends to turn nonbelivers off. Plus, I have a different sense of humor and this is a site where dudes hang out with dudes and talk dude talk. Again, sorry if that offended you but I assure of my commitment to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Thanks for responding. God bless.

Reactions: liturgical orange
(Sell) It's an underrated aspect of the success Herman's program has seen, but I don't know if I would say it's "the" most underrated. Frankly, Herman's ability to quickly learn from his mistakes might be the aspect I'd point to the most for being underrated.

I agree that Herman's ability to adapt and improve is his best quality.

(Sell) It's an underrated aspect of the success Herman's program has seen, but I don't know if I would say it's "the" most underrated. Frankly, Herman's ability to quickly learn from his mistakes might be the aspect I'd point to the most for being underrated.

I agree that Herman's ability to adapt and improve is his best quality.
It's a trait that seems to positively pop up all the time.

1. Jalen Green At DB in 2019 (8).
2. Joseph Ossai at LB in 2019 (8).
3. Jake Smith in 2019 (8).
4. Devin Duvernay as a team leader and expected top producer in 2019 (9).
5. Brennan Eagles in 2019 (8).
6. M. Epps in 2019 (6).
7. Junior Angilau in 2019 (6).
8. D. Overahown at b-backer in 2019 (6).
9. Thompson as QB #2 in 2019 (5).
10. Ingram as RB #1 in 2019 (7).
11. John Burt at WR in 2019 (6).
12. Coburn as a freshman DL (9).

Cade Brewer warrants inclusion on that list instead of John Burt. Also not sure how much we will see of Angilau this season. Brewer has a chance to be pretty damn good at TE for us.

Reactions: tooker00
Cade Brewer warrants inclusion on that list instead of John Burt. Also not sure how much we will see of Angilau this season. Brewer has a chance to be pretty damn good at TE for us.
We discuss Brewer in the podcast. Name hasn't been mentioned once through four days.

i got ripped for suggesting a top 15 finish might be difficult and asked who gets us there.... Seems OP agrees - maybe 10ish is now the stretch goal. We have our hands full this year in recruiting - it was obvious early on. Aggies will have a top 10 two years in a row, so the best thing that can happen for texas in 21 and beyond will be a 4-5 loss season this year for aggie. I think this is a transition year for texas and finishing 10-15 doesn't overly bother me (surprises me, but doesn't overly bother me) . We win big this season, the 21 class will be big and all the pieces fall into place.

i got ripped for suggesting a top 15 finish might be difficult and asked who gets us there.... Seems OP agrees - maybe 10ish is now the stretch goal. We have our hands full this year in recruiting - it was obvious early on. Aggies will have a top 10 two years in a row, so the best thing that can happen for texas in 21 and beyond will be a 4-5 loss season this year for aggie. I think this is a transition year for texas and finishing 10-15 doesn't overly bother me (surprises me, but doesn't overly bother me) . We win big this season, the 21 class will be big and all the pieces fall into place.
The best thing for Texas is for it to be on the front foot aggressively on and off the field.

Reactions: urbanryno
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT