ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Providing answers to what has happened with recruiting...)

God your argument is awful. PFA Team of the Year lol. Yes you’re a newbie and it shows.

Reactions: trail403
God your argument is awful. PFA Team of the Year lol. Yes you’re a newbie and it shows.
One guy was essentially an All-Pro 8 times and the other was All-Pro 3 times.

Lampard will go down with better numbers and he definitely won more trophies.

Yet, there was never a day in his life when he was a better player than Steven Gerrard.

One was a guy that could carry a team to a Champions League title and the other was a guy that was good for going along for the ride on a Champions League Title Team.

At Gerrard's peak, he was regarded as the best player in the world.

There's a reason why he was named to the World XI three times and Lampard was only named once.

There's a reason why he was named to 8 EPL Team of the Years, while Lampard was only named to three.

There's a reason why Chelsea constantly wanted to buy Gerrard.
When was Gerrard’s Peak exactly?? It’s hard to tell because he never actually WON anything club or country. Did he win Balon d’Or?

When was Gerrard’s Peak exactly?? It’s hard to tell because he never actually WON anything club or country. Did he win Balon d’Or?
FIFPro would probably say from 2007-09.

That's when Gerrard made their world XI three times. Lampard made it once.

Perhaps, but you're someone incapable of out-debating me and it shows.
K. Good day. Lamps vs Gerrard, the debate that never ends. One player who won championships, the other who won popularity contests.

K. Good day. Lamps vs Gerrard, the debate that never ends. One player who won championships, the other who won popularity contests.
lulz. Giving up was always going to be your only resort.

He was in high school.
And therein lies some of the problem with amateur evaluators across the recruiting sites. Very few, if any, have a background in scouting. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to identify the super studs but at the lower level it takes more scrutiny in terms of fit, system and projection. There's no accountability for missed or exceptional evaluations which is something I have always thought should be factored into the analysts ranking weight. We hear about these round tables meetings and certain publishers going to bat for guys, how about some more transparency in that respect from a national level? Obviously that problem doesn't exist with you because you put your rankings, are open to criticism and often re-rank your lists. Most of all, you're honest about your opinions on whether or not you've truly evaluated a kid.

And therein lies some of the problem with amateur evaluators across the recruiting sites. Very few, if any, have a background in scouting. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to identify the super studs but at the lower level it takes more scrutiny in terms of fit, system and projection. There's no accountability for missed or exceptional evaluations which is something I have always thought should be factored into the analysts ranking weight. We hear about these round tables meetings and certain publishers going to bat for guys, how about some more transparency in that respect from a national level? Obviously that problem doesn't exist with you because you put your rankings, are open to criticism and often re-rank your lists. Most of all, you're honest about your opinions on whether or not you've truly evaluated a kid.
I think there's as much success with the amateurs as the pros, weirdly.

Wow that article ... the list of receivers noted in that article from August of 2012 was underwhelming ...
Hales - left the team
Cayleb Jones - transferred to Arizona
Kendall Sanders - dismissed
Marcus Johnson - won a Super Bowl with the Eagles (thanks, Wikipedia)
D.J. Monroe - the original "why can't we get him more touches" guy
Daje Johnson - the next DJ Monroe
John Harris - outstanding senior season

Course that 2012 team had Mike Davis, Jaxon Shipley and Marquise Goodwin.

Wow that article ... the list of receivers noted in that article from August of 2012 was underwhelming ...
Hales - left the team
Cayleb Jones - transferred to Arizona
Kendall Sanders - dismissed
Marcus Johnson - won a Super Bowl with the Eagles (thanks, Wikipedia)
D.J. Monroe - the original "why can't we get him more touches" guy
Daje Johnson - the next DJ Monroe
John Harris - outstanding senior season

Course that 2012 team had Mike Davis, Jaxon Shipley and Marquise Goodwin.
Soooooo much talent... soooooo little to come of it.

Reactions: EG-man
lulz. Giving up was always going to be your only resort.
You’re such a troll. Their accolades don’t even compare. I’ll run circles around you on and off the field in soccer so don’t try me with this PFA Gerrard was the best player in the world that never was BS. You should honestly try kicking a ball before you try to present opinions.

... Draymond Green got his money. Go ahead and put me down in the camp of those that believe that contract will feel ugly by the end of the fourth year. His decline is already under way.
I'd bet money on this

That's typically a very fair baseline IMO.
2005 Texas recruiting class was not ranked top 10 but it led to the 2008 season. I am sure an outlier and not the norm but damn was the hit rate high in that class.

You’re such a troll. Their accolades don’t even compare. I’ll run circles around you on and off the field in soccer so don’t try me with this PFA Gerrard was the best player in the world that never was BS. You should honestly try kicking a ball before you try to present opinions.
Just to be clear... which player made Team of the Year in the EPL on eight different occasions and which one made it three times?

2005 Texas recruiting class was not ranked top 10 but it led to the 2008 season. I am sure an outlier and not the norm but damn was the hit rate high in that class.
It's an all-time great class in terms of hit rate + massive hit rate.

Reactions: podo87
... Draymond Green got his money. Go ahead and put me down in the camp of those that believe that contract will feel ugly by the end of the fourth year. His decline is already under way.

Could not agree more on this one. By the time this contract is up, he will turn 34 years old. He can remain an effective passer and rebounder through the end of this contract, but the already bad shooting numbers will only get worse (44/28/69 last year), the ability to defend multiple positions will evaporate, and the athleticism will go bye-bye two years before this contract expires. He may put up a lot of triple doubles, but his ability to help his team win games will decline quickly.

In the last 20 years, for players who are 2nd round draft picks and became all-star level players at any point, nearly all of them completely drop out of the league by age 30. With the huge exception of Manu Ginobili, who's draft position was strictly based on a lack of scouting of foreign players in 1999, here are the ages when the best 2nd round draft picks found themselves no longer making an impact... Gilbert Arenas (29), Rashard Lewis (31), Monta Ellis (30), Michael Redd (30), and Carlos Boozer (32). Finding a 2nd round pick who is worth $25M a year at age 34 is like finding a unicorn in Central Park.

Could not agree more on this one. By the time this contract is up, he will turn 34 years old. He can remain an effective passer and rebounder through the end of this contract, but the already bad shooting numbers will only get worse (44/28/69 last year), the ability to defend multiple positions will evaporate, and the athleticism will go bye-bye two years before this contract expires. He may put up a lot of triple doubles, but his ability to help his team win games will decline quickly.

In the last 20 years, for players who are 2nd round draft picks and became all-star level players at any point, nearly all of them completely drop out of the league by age 30. With the huge exception of Manu Ginobili, who's draft position was strictly based on a lack of scouting of foreign players in 1999, here are the ages when the best 2nd round draft picks found themselves no longer making an impact... Gilbert Arenas (29), Rashard Lewis (31), Monta Ellis (30), Michael Redd (30), and Carlos Boozer (32). Finding a 2nd round pick who is worth $25M a year at age 34 is like finding a unicorn in Central Park.
He's survived on being a bit of a freak of nature in his combination of size and athleticism, but as his legs start to go, he's suddenly going to be a below the rim player who can't stay in front of people.

I might have this thrown in my face in a few years... and hey.... I'm a Draymond fan... but he could be an unplayable player at age 33-34.

Reactions: Buda Horn
He was beastly in high school.
Same guy that, in college, would just run straight ahead into the back of a pile of people every run? Maybe the worst field vision I’ve ever seen.

I think Overshown might be a season away.

Burt has too much competition for pt.

Is Ingram low?

Thompson isn't ready.

Yea, Ingram's number isn't really "low", now that you say that. Would you characterize your thoughts as: you expect him to be good and better than last year with a year under Yancy and now behind a better OL, but not blowing you away? Others make sense now. But scary about Thompson.

Yea, Ingram's number isn't really "low", now that you say that. Would you characterize your thoughts as: you expect him to be good and better than last year with a year under Yancy and now behind a better OL, but not blowing you away? Others make sense now. But scary about Thompson.
I expect him to have nearly 800-1,000 yards of total offense.

Just to be clear... which player made Team of the Year in the EPL on eight different occasions and which one made it three times?
Before you google his name, do you know who Kenny Sansom is? I rest my case.

I expect him to have nearly 800-1,000 yards of total offense.
Ingram had nearly 900 yards from scrimmage last season. Are you expecting 1) little to no improvement, 2) no increased workload, 3) Whittington to get the bulk of the workload?

Ingram had nearly 900 yards from scrimmage last season. Are you expecting 1) little to no improvement, 2) no increased workload, 3) Whittington to get the bulk of the workload?
split workload

That wasn't an answer.
I already told you that the fact that you’re using that “award” as a determining factor for which player is better is a major lolz. Frank has more goals and assists than Gerrard, won more trophies than Gerrard, and had a longer career than Gerrard. You’ve lost the argument, just accept it. The PFA award is worthless and the fact that you’re using that as your only talking point tells me you know you’re wrong.

I already told you that the fact that you’re using that “award” as a determining factor for which player is better is a major lolz. Frank has more goals and assists than Gerrard, won more trophies than Gerrard, and had a longer career than Gerrard. You’ve lost the argument, just accept it. The PFA award is worthless and the fact that you’re using that as your only talking point tells me you know you’re wrong.
I can't help it that one player was awarded at the highest level in his league eight times, while your guy was awarded with it only three times.

Face it, your guy is the Paul Moliter of the EPL.... an absolute all-time great and deserving for the Hall of Fame... but his excellence at peak level is somewhat limited, which is why there are only a few seasons where he was recognized as such.

split workload
Wait. I'm still confused. Can you elaborate a little more?
Ingram split the workload with Tre Watson last season. Ingram got 38 fewer touches than Watson last season and still managed nearly 900 yards. I'm expecting an overall improvement in the rushing game. I think the avg. per carry should go up from 3.8 to something like 4.3 per carry. That in and of itself should mean Ingram's production goes up.

Do you expect Johnson to have significant production? Are you expecting Whittington's production to be greater than Watson's?

Thanks.

Reactions: HkmTxsLnghrns
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT