ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Pulling a play from the Mack Brown playbook...)

tenor.gif
Yep doesn't sell or.maintain subscriptions. Trust me bub politics is the third rail to good "business" relationships..

@Ketchum good write up. Would it be possible to have a weekly column that addressed the overall Big 12 play from the weekend before? It wouldn't be something year round, but 9 paragraphs discussing the other 9 teams or even just 5 to discuss the best of the weekend.

1) Believe it or not, I do learn, even if slowly. You guys don't want to hear it from me. Trying to respect that as much as I can.

2) I agree.

#1 is rich. Not a shot at you Ketch. A shot at those that enjoy a one-sided circle jerk.

GM

This game in Ames scares me a bit. ISU is gonna show up to play. They won't back down or fold. They're gonna take shots at our QB and receivers. They're gonna hit hard on kickoff coverage. We better hope our entitlement mentality is a thing of the past. I could easily see this game being an absolute dog fight for four quarters, and perhaps more.

Ketch, enjoyable as always.
What a heckuva game between Texans and Pats. My takeaways:
1. Texans have their QB for the future (and are finally discovering their RB in Foreman LOL);
2. Hard to win on the road; Texans brought their A game and left it all on the field - ask NE if you don't believe me;
3. I see Houston getting better as season progresses, barring any bad injuries.

This game in Ames scares me a bit. ISU is gonna show up to play. They won't back down or fold. They're gonna take shots at our QB and receivers. They're gonna hit hard on kickoff coverage. We better hope our entitlement mentality is a thing of the past. I could easily see this game being an absolute dog fight for four quarters, and perhaps more.
Agreed - but the one thing that I saw last week in LA was where WE came to play, and this has not always been the case in recent years. HookEm

Agreed - but the one thing that I saw last week in LA was where WE came to play, and this has not always been the case in recent years. HookEm
Let's hope it's the case going forward. We will need it to win in Ames and make any kind of a stink in the Big 12.

Reactions: PaulieD
8-4 is what I have been thinking that will get us to the #2 seed as well. I think this team can pull it off, the key is are we back to beating the teams we should beat? If so it's very likely. It is certainly gonna be fun to watch this year with a strong top 5 teams and a conference championship game.

I don't understand why people simply can't compartmentalize different subjects.

Regardless of whether I agree or disagree on a subject, even if its political, even if I vehemently disagree with your assertion, I can leave it at that and move on to the next subject without acrimony.

It surprises me that so many can't/won't do that. It's been eye opening to say the least.
Thank you. Most people still don't get the point. That crap doesn't belong in a football stadium or any other sports stadium. People come to the games to get away from that stuff. TV and the other types of media are more to blame than anyone.

Being, I can only assume, the only literal resident Iowan on Orangebloods, I can tell you that the Hawkeye/Nittany Lion game was heartbreaking to the fans up here, not only because Hawkeyes always feel as if they're being snubbed (Gameday in NYC and not Iowa City), but also because they actually have a history of knocking off big opponents here (ask Harbaugh.)

But enough about them... Who's coming to Ames and where are we meeting for pre and post game beers?

Ketch, if you aren't using your media creds, can I get them? I worked for the UT SID office back in the day, I'm credible. I'll get you some great "Hot off the presses" quotes.
when did you work in the SID?

F the Eagles.

Awe...there's s the Ketch we all have grown to love. Funny you talk about all the other teams and leave them out pretty much of all conversations. You provide analysis and talking points on all other teams. F the Cowgirls right back at ya!

I agree, and it's not going to happen, sadly.

Major League Baseball isn't exactly sprinting towards the finish, is it?

I don't think you've been watching Boston and New York winning a lot of games to vie for the AL East -- VERY sprint-like, to me. I'm biased towards my beloved Sawx, but dang, how can MLB not have them schedule the Red Sox and Yankees late in September?

Always enjoy this column. Thanx!

Hook 'em!!!
Isn't the closest division race 5.5 games? That's the closest.

@Ketchum good write up. Would it be possible to have a weekly column that addressed the overall Big 12 play from the weekend before? It wouldn't be something year round, but 9 paragraphs discussing the other 9 teams or even just 5 to discuss the best of the weekend.
I'll start something next week.

Awe...there's s the Ketch we all have grown to love. Funny you talk about all the other teams and leave them out pretty much of all conversations. You provide analysis and talking points on all other teams. F the Cowgirls right back at ya!
:D

@Ketchum How long a leash do you think Shane has? It's pretty much assumed he'll be the starter, but if he struggles does Sam come in or do they let Shane ride it out?

There was way too much noise about the sexual assault issues at Vanderbilt for Texas to have hired Franklin. But he's done a hell of a job.

Bill Powers wanted to make an affirmative action hire that would please the left-wingers at UT. He could've chosen to either ignore Mack and let BMDs continue with Saban, or make a run at Gary Patterson.

@Ketchum How long a leash do you think Shane has? It's pretty much assumed he'll be the starter, but if he struggles does Sam come in or do they let Shane ride it out?
I think it remains to be seen. What happens is it's 14-0 on Thursday night and the offense can't out points on the board?

I think Herman has to feel his way through this.

Reactions: WhatAboutEggs
Anyone is beatable in the big xii which regressed to mean, especially with all of OU injuries to secondary

Previous opponents didn't do much for UT power rankings this weekend:

Utah State 61 to 10 over San Jose Sate. Maryland manhandled by U of Central Florida. USC had trouble with Cal but was saved by their D once again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fan in Dallas
I certainly hope Herman borrows from another coach's playbook when it comes to the OU game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT