Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Quinn Ewers' Legacy at Texas)

Yeah, you can see a disappointing season coming from a mile away (aren't they all?) and aggy knowing they have Texas coming into the league next season, especially if Texas is coming off a very successful season leaving the Big 12, they will feel like they have to make a move to create some momentum.
Bingo.

Ok. I guess that means Bryce Young was over ranked since he couldn’t beat our Mac Jones

He was a true freshman in 2020 when Jones won the job.

He won the Heisman in his second year and turned pro after his third.

Really?

He was a true freshman in 2020 when Jones won the job.

He won the Heisman in his second year and turned pro after his third.

Really?

Yes. Really. You’re the one not remotely considering that Murphy very well could produce very nicely at Texas. Does he have somewhat of a narrow window? Sure. Probably not beyond ‘24. But you’re kinda being very narrow minded. FWIW if Arch wins the Heisman in ‘25 or ‘26 in his two years as the starter then goes top 5 I assume you will think he was “over ranked.” After all he didn’t win the job as ‘24 so clearly he was no good

How are those situations remotely the same?

They literally are just a season apart. The point is simple. You said if Arch cannot beat out Maalik in ‘24 then he was over ranked. Basically suggesting he failed somewhat as a #1. Don’t run from it now. Is this where we pull up the Hudson Card is Aaron Rodgers hype train?

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
They literally are just a season apart. The point is simple. You said if Arch cannot beat out Maalik in ‘24 then he was over ranked. Basically suggesting he failed somewhat as a #1. Don’t run from it now. Is this where we pull up the Hudson Card is Aaron Rodgers hype train?

If Manning has to wait until Murphy is done, it's not one season apart. It's two.

It's just a wildly terrible example.

If Manning has to wait until Murphy is done, it's not one season apart. It's two.

It's just a wildly terrible example.

Lol. Does it really matter? I have no real vibe the Mannings are hell bent on Arch being in the ‘26. You’re picking an oddball time to lose faith in the Manning process

Given that you're going with a Mac Jones parallel, I suppose you would be confused. ;)

Actually it’s quite appropriate. Particularly given the wide chasm from how Jones was viewed as a prospect versus Maalik

I hope Ewrs doesn't gives two shits about his legacy and plays for himself and his team

Murphy will be drafted this coming year,two players at his position were just drafted so I think context matters

I totally agree with you on baseball team. Going 0-2 in regional is distinctly possible. I really want Pierce to succeed. Im not sure. There always is something not quite right with his teams

Lol. Does it really matter? I have no real vibe the Mannings are hell bent on Arch being in the ‘26. You’re picking an oddball time to lose faith in the Manning process
It does if you're making a direct comparison between the two situations. One guy sat behind one guy for a year. The other would be sitting behind two players for multiple years.

They aren't the same thing.

Actually it’s quite appropriate. Particularly given the wide chasm from how Jones was viewed as a prospect versus Maalik
Except Young was a true freshman and Jones was a senior.

I hope Ewrs doesn't gives two shits about his legacy and plays for himself and his team

Murphy will be drafted this coming year,two players at his position were just drafted so I think context matters

It's not that I don't believe Murphy won't be drafted when his career ends, it's the notion that he would leave school early to do and us buy that concept when he hasn't been a consistent plus-player yet.

Reactions: JBalvin
And softball. Not sure what to say
Eddie Murphy Shut Up GIF by Bounce

Reactions: Dwilliamminear
If the competition is truly over for 2024, then that’s sad for Maalik and Sark’s program. Perhaps promises are being made on the recruiting trail.
I could not agree with you more. What if Maalik got significant playing time this year and continued to look like he did in the spring game? is he #2 in 2024 because the name on the back of his jersey isn't Manning?

Reactions: Duanej6
I could not agree with you more. What if Maalik got significant playing time this year and continued to look like he did in the spring game? is he #2 in 2024 because the name on the back of his jersey isn't Manning?
I expect Manning to the better player. It's not going to be some travesty.

I expect Manning to the better player. It's not going to be some travesty.

Literally those two aren’t mutually exclusive. Murphy very well would could be real good then jump. Arch could still be better. So losing out to Murphy and s not necessarily a travesty

It does if you're making a direct comparison between the two situations. One guy sat behind one guy for a year. The other would be sitting behind two players for multiple years.

They aren't the same thing.

Jones had two years left when he Ron the job

These are the timelines for every five-star quarterback ranked in the Top 5 in the Rivals database since 2002.

(2022) Cade Klubnik - Finished year one as the starter.
(2021) Quinn Ewers - Started in year two.
(2021) Caleb Williams - Finished year one as the starter.
(2020) DJ Uiagalelei - Started in year two after starting several games as a true fresshman.
(2020) Bryce Young - Started in year two.
(2018) Trevor Lawrence - Started as a true freshman.
(2018) J.T. Daniels - Started as a true freshman.
(2018) Justin Fields - Started in year two.
(2016) Shea Patterson - Finished year one as the starter.
(2015) Josh Rosen - Started as a true freshman.
(2009) Matt Barkley - Started as a true freshman.
(2008) Terrelle Pryor) - Started in year two.
(2007) Ryan Mallett - Started three games as a true freshman and transferred.
(2007) Jimmy Claussen - Started as a true freshman.
(2006) Matt Stafford - Started as a reyw freshman
(2004) Rhett Bomar) Started in year two.
(2002) Vince Young - Started at the midway point in year two.

Last edited:
Jones was a redshirt Junior. So when he won the job he had two years of eligibility remaining
Four year player. Correct. And then Bryant started in year two, like every other five-star No.1 overall-ish quarterback has done in the last 2-+ years.

So losing out to Murphy and s not necessarily a travesty
I'm not the one talking about it those terms. I'm responding to others who are framing it with that type of language.

Latest posts