ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: (Quinn Ewers was even better than you think)

Johnson the greatest defensive player in Texas history??? These GOAT arguments are always argumentative as comparable stats are not always applicable. However by any dynamic, Johnson is not the greatest defensive player in history. Have you forgotten Hampton, Rogers, Gray, , Nobis, Michaels, the sheriff, and Bud McFadin. They all exceeded Johnson in the NFL and mosh had more dominan Texas careers.

Love this recap. Feeling positive about the rest of the year and believe this team has the IT factor. Certainly some tough games ahead includimg OU. But Sark himself seems to exude quiet confidence to lead this team through it well. You agree?

Yep. Tough game against a very, very amped up, very good team in a hostile environment. That game was an every down war with a large tv audience, the week after an every down war with Oklahoma. Winning those two hard fought nail biters consecutively in arguably two of the toughest stadiums to play in put the the three previous plus years of mediocrity behind them, and it was apparent to all that possibly no other team in the country could have won both games back to back. After that game, there was no stopping them.

Conventional wisdom says there is going to be a few nail-biters or potential losses pop up the rest of the year. This is a week to week game where you can look like a completely different team in the span of 7 days. Hell, Georgia had a major scare against Missouri last year.

The Big 12 champ has had at least 1 conference loss in every season since 2016. Take it week by week and know that we will have to win a few weeks playing our B-game where the style points may not be sexy.

All that being said, yesterday was encouraging as hell.
Good post

Johnson the greatest defensive player in Texas history??? These GOAT arguments are always argumentative as comparable stats are not always applicable. However by any dynamic, Johnson is not the greatest defensive player in history. Have you forgotten Hampton, Rogers, Gray, , Nobis, Michaels, the sheriff, and Bud McFadin. They all exceeded Johnson in the NFL and mosh had more dominan Texas careers.
I have not.

Not only were Jake Majors and Hayden Conner completely different players this week than they were a week ago, but the right guard duo of D.J. Campbell and Cole Hutson were unsung heroes.

How does that even happen? Do you think it was more first game jitters, getting the kinks out sort of thing or are we going to play the “which o-line is going to show up” game every week?

Reactions: marinehorn
Yep. Tough game against a very, very amped up, very good team in a hostile environment. That game was an every down war with a large tv audience, the week after an every down war with Oklahoma. Winning those two hard fought nail biters consecutively in arguably two of the toughest stadiums to play in put the the three previous plus years of mediocrity behind them, and it was apparent to all that possibly no other team in the country could have won both games back to back. After that game, there was no stopping them.
Top 10, I can see? Not No.2.

Reactions: marinehorn
Given the choice, and two identical financial offers, who do you think he'd choose between Texas and Bama?

I've gotta' think having an established culture outweighs building all over again.
With a built in, in-state recruiting base. Alabama doesn’t have that, nor the NIL dollars, so Texas offers a better chance for continued success, without the shadow of recent greatness

Last edited:
Thanks, Ketch. Reading through point one, I understand it is hard to always compare stats from era to era but none of those QB numbers are really even close to what Ewers did last night. I was already impressed but wow!

@Ketchum do you really think Sark would entertain a discussion with Alabama after Saban leaves? Their fanbases' expectations are out of control, and don't we have better resources than they have? Why would he go there? ...or just driving up Texas' bid?

Reactions: CutaneousHorn
I have no idea.
B/S
1. Quinn's resume at UT with road Alabama win and 49-0 vs OU could be the start of an all time legendary career.
2. Combined margin of victory vs OU, TT, and TCU greater than 100 points as a "Hey Kobe tell me how my ass tastes" statement

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT