ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Ready or not, the season continues...)

After some time to think about the game, the most impressive thing about this team is that they put themselves in a position to win this game after losing their difference maker at the most important position before the 2nd quarter after giving up that long TD run.

This is a different team.
No doubt.

Reactions: heightser
1. The non-interference call.

Second and goal at the Alabama 8-yard line in the first quarter. If this gets called, the Longhorns are sitting at the 1-yard line and in a first-and-goal situation. Instead, Texas faced a third and goal from the eight that it didn't convert. It's a potential four-point swing

Yep that was pretty f’n bad. The DB literally from the line of scrimmage all the way thru the incompletion.

If this is the week in and week out intensity we get from this defense then we will be in good shape, despite the injuries to the offense. We may have to eek out some wins but that's OK.

This defense definitely had a chip on its shoulder. Maybe a lot of it was the help of GP game planning or maybe they are also buying into PK's system. But if they continue this exciting play it will attract a lot more big level talent.

I'll ask again.

B/S Bijan, Worthy and possibly Banks are the only Texas players that would start for Bama

B/S The coaching and preparation for the game yesterday was the best in over a decade after accounting for the overall discrepancy in talent between the two teams

@Ketchum
Sell - Jordan and Banks would start fo them.

Buy - Yeah, I'll go for that.

Sorry Ketch but you fumbled on the Elvis list
Sesame Street Idk GIF

Elvis was the first movie I’ve ever watched and thought Tom Hanks was poorly cast in it.

Hanks has a love of music from that era. He should have stayed satisfied with being a producer and bit role player in this one. Heck, play Vernon.

With Elvis, you could have separate lists for top 10 studio recordings and top live songs.

This showcases his voice and was a concert favorite:

As a diehard Steeler fan, I was high and low that last quarter! Losing Watt hurts.

When I had a high ankle sprain I couldn't stand on it for days after it happened. No way Card's was as bad as mine. I probably could have played a football game in five-six weeks but wasn't 100% for months. Hopefully his is no more than a few weeks. Might not be much sooner than Ewers. But maybe it's pretty mild as high ankles go and he can play this week or next.

I said in another thread I was there at the ‘77 Texas v. OU Cotton Bowl when, in the first quarter, #1 and #2 QBs Mark McBath and Jon Aune both went down FOR THE SEASON. Next man up — Randy MacEachern and some RB named Campbell.

The rest, they say, is history.

Heisman history. ;)
Hang around long enough and history can repeat itself. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT