ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Spring football advice)

The List: Top 10 Football TV announcers of all-time - How on earth do you not have Joe Buck or Troy Aikman on this list. I get not having Chris Collinsworth and Mike Terico. But I'd argue JB and TA are far and away better than RGIII

If that's the case, doesn't galindo have to make the list?
I’m not so sure if given truth serum that Galindo is as burnt orange as he should be. His commentary is 60-40 pro UT at best in my opinion.

Reactions: Horn19
Amy Poehler Shrug GIF
freeform GIF by Shadowhunters

The List: Top 10 Football TV announcers of all-time - How on earth do you not have Joe Buck or Troy Aikman on this list. I get not having Chris Collinsworth and Mike Terico. But I'd argue JB and TA are far and away better than RGIII
🤷‍♂️

He loves UT.
I agree with this, but he sometimes gets overly excited about relatively mundane plays and/or players by and of the Texas opponent, in what appears to be an effort to show some level of objectivity.

Reactions: Horn19
I agree with this, but he sometimes gets overly excited about relatively mundane plays and/or players by and of the Texas opponent, in what appears to be an effort to show some level of objectivity.
The dude is going to need a job in a year.

Reactions: Horn19 and Manolo
One of the most disliked players of all time.
He went once and lost a Super Bowl is that what you would want for your team? Play once and lose the SB then mediocrity for ten year.
Disliked by who, you in particular, OB posters?
From what I've read teammates loved him and raved about him, Carolina fans loved him. I live in Alabama and I know for a fact Auburn fans loved and still love him. I'm not sure who you are referring to in saying hes this great hated figure. If you mean fans of other teams who cares.

Most first round qbs are busts and never sniff a SB. However you are saying you don't want to draft a QB that in their 5th year led his team to a 15-1 record, league MVP, and a birth in the SB when that organization had only gone to 1 SB in its existence.

That sounds like a player that lived up to his billing after leading Auburn to its first championship in decades

Reactions: Buffalosoldiers
WRT the UT MBB coach going forward, there is no excuse for not backing up the Brinks truck for Kelvin Sampson and making him say no to an extravagent amount. I do not understand why more UT BB fans are not already screaming for him!

Disliked by who, you in particular, OB posters?
From what I've read teammates loved him and raved about him, Carolina fans loved him. I live in Alabama and I know for a fact Auburn fans loved and still love him. I'm not sure who you are referring to in saying hes this great hated figure. If you mean fans of other teams who cares.

Most first round qbs are busts and never sniff a SB. However you are saying you don't want to draft a QB that in their 5th year led his team to a 15-1 record, league MVP, and a birth in the SB when that organization had only gone to 1 SB in its existence.

That sounds like a player that lived up to his billing after leading Auburn to its first championship in decades
+1

B/S
Texas Tech overreacted by suspending their basketball coach for quoting a bible verse that used the word slaves.
sell

They are looking for reasons to fire him. Can't look at this through a vacuum.

WRT the UT MBB coach going forward, there is no excuse for not backing up the Brinks truck for Kelvin Sampson and making him say no to an extravagent amount. I do not understand why more UT BB fans are not already screaming for him!
He's got dirt on him.

Do you think he just runs a fast 40?

If that's all you know, there's no sense in us really going back and forth.
I know the main thing that NFL scouts value is accuracy- a trait he doesn’t possess- now if you don’t understand that there’s really no sense in us going back and forth

I know the main thing that NFL scouts value is accuracy- a trait he doesn’t possess- now if you don’t understand that there’s really no sense in us going back and forth
I'm not the one that left that out of the discussion in the first set of comments.

I didn't say he would definitely better than Cam, just that his upside might be higher.

This guy is a super freak of an athlete.
I think it all comes down to where would you take him? Top 5, Top ten, 11-15, 15+, second round?

I see him in the 15+ range, but seems like people are pushing him to around 10.

From TheRinger.com today

View attachment 3932
Well, that's pretty good support for your take :)

And while you weren't saying "floor" in your comments. I do wonder what his floor looks like. He's got some things you can't coach and some of that is in game instincts not just athleticism. Who do you think he's "floor" comp would be?

ADVERTISEMENT