Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Staff Battle Royal: UT vs OU vs. A&M)

DKR-3rings

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
See you in December!

Seems like Flood is ranked pretty low on the recruiting rankings? Is there a reason for that, Bama people were saying he was as good as Banks in recruiting and was responsible for perhaps the greatest bunch ever signed last signing class (Brock's class). I was surprised to see him that low.

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
Have you seen “the movies that made us” on Netflix? They are really cool and one is on Dirty Dancing. Loved the Home Alone, Ghostbusters, and Die Hard episodes as well.
I haven't, but I will check it out. Thanks for the shout.

Reactions: Mr Poon

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
I was an Accounting major at Texas and hated it. Saw that movie and was inspired to take more chances and listen to my gut more. I remember driving down MOPAC after seeing it, windows down..... I changed my major and got out in front of more things I would never have ever normally have tried/done. It has made all the difference.
So, keep going. How does the movie end!?!

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
Seems like Flood is ranked pretty low on the recruiting rankings? Is there a reason for that, Bama people were saying he was as good as Banks in recruiting and was responsible for perhaps the greatest bunch ever signed last signing class (Brock's class). I was surprised to see him that low.
Bama people said he was really good. Not as good as Banks.

Reactions: DKinnamon

usmc88

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2003
What is the defining marker in that development for success?
He was the best running back in his first season (2019) toting the rock; He ran with authority. Last season (2020), he was banged up and his performance dipped. 2021 will make or break his chances to play on Sunday.

Dave C2

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2003
Here's a total for @Ketchum breakdown in case anyone's curious...with the ever present caveat that my math doesn't always add up.

Texas Coaching Total: 98.5
Texas Recruiting Total: 68.5

##########################

OU Coaching Total: 107
OU Recruiting Total: 81

##########################

A&M Coaching Total: 81.5
A&M Recruiting Total: 77.5
Your OU number for coaching is misleading. It looked odd so I went back and looked, because I did not remember that big a discrepancy when I read it. I see where you got the 107 total. If you go and look at OU ranks for D line and linebacker, they have two coaches listed for both positions. And one of those the 2 coaches total about 14 to our coach's 8.5 and the other their 2 coaches total about 13 to our coach's 9.

To come to 107 points for OU, you either have to assign a position a higher value than 10 or count the same coach more than once.

If you look at it closer, the OU coaching totals and ours are almost exactly the same.

AndrewfromUTLaw2

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
Arlington/Fort Worth
Your OU number for coaching is misleading. It looked odd so I went back and looked, because I did not remember that big a discrepancy when I read it. I see where you got the 107 total. If you go and look at OU ranks for D line and linebacker, they have two coaches listed for both positions. And one of those the 2 coaches total about 14 to our coach's 8.5 and the other their 2 coaches total about 13 to our coach's 9.

To come to 107 points for OU, you either have to assign a position a higher value than 10 or count the same coach more than once.

If you look at it closer, the OU coaching totals and ours are almost exactly the same.

Don’t EVER mess with an accountant...

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum and Dave C2

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001

He counted them twice.

Let em Hang

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2008
@Ketchum my wife loves Six pack and Dirty Dancing. Not sure what that says but it’s true. And Planes, Trains, Automobiles is hysterical. Owen picking them up to give them a ride has me rolling every time.