ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Surprise! Issues exist)

IMHO, in addition to the whipped cream scene, seeing their teacher at the scrip club makes this a poor choice of a “bad” sports movie. I will watch it. Even the smart girl is hot.
Bottom line, if you don’t have an above average OL, you will never be an elite or top 10 team. Until we solve this riddle, who cares about QE not being able to throw 35+ hitting his receivers in stride.

That being said almost all of long throws force our receivers who beat the defender to literally stop in their tracks to either make an incredible catch or prevent an int.
Yeah, I think the interior OL needs an infusion of better talent.

Give me more Jayden Blue
Fine with me--we're going to need both he and Brooks this weekend. I was pleased to see Baxter--really looks like he's going to be the player we think he is (I know it's rice and early) but he runs like a very talented back. Hope he's not out too long.

No. 10 - The List: Best Bad Sports Movies ...
This isn't a list of the best sports movies. You're not going to find any Rockys or Bull Durhams or The Naturals on this list.

Instead, you're going to find bad movies that turned out good for some reason unique to them.

These are movies that the mainstream has forgotten, but we haven't. We love them for reasons that don't entirely make sense.

10. Johnny Be Good

Johnny_Be_Good.jpg

Anthony Michael Hall might be more nerd than QB1, but the way that the schools cheated in this movie to get him to attend their school was so on the nose that schools in the SEC didn't blush as much as they looked over their shoulders.
Great call on Johnny Be Good @Ketchum

One of the greatest pre game speeches in the history of cinema.
Best line "Ok, I'm done talking to God. Now I'm talking to you."

• Love
Reactions: Ketchum
Sure. And the QBR sh*t never lies. Got it. So I should compile a list of all the qbr’s this weekend and that should tell me what I saw was right or wrong. All this time, 40+ years, I had it wrong.
You do what you want to do.

Fine with me--we're going to need both he and Brooks this weekend. I was pleased to see Baxter--really looks like he's going to be the player we think he is (I know it's rice and early) but he runs like a very talented back. Hope he's not out too long.
He was back at practice today.

Reactions: aarontxex
Now let's not go that far.
Sam’s arm is/was weaker, and that’s a fact. Saw it his entire career at Texas. His footwork was better than QE, but not his arm strength.

Lucas is a severely under-rated enjoyably watchable bad sports movie.

And the best part of Over The Top is the fact that the big prize for the winner is a semi-truck.

Shake it all you want…Travis threw the ball over 20 yards in the air ONCE the entire game. Are the FSU fans bitching today that they didn’t throw the ball downfield more? I doubt it.

Sam’s arm is/was weaker, and that’s a fact. Saw it his entire career at Texas. His footwork was better than QE, but not his arm strength.
Yet, he threw a better deep ball.

I say yes. The central plot point is Corey Haim trying out for the football team and eventually making the team and getting to play in the climax moment of the film.

I just didn't think it was a sports movie, even if the climax scene is in a football game.

Is Brewster Millions a baseball movie?

Is Back to School a diving movie?

I just didn't think it was a sports movie, even if the climax scene is in a football game.

Is Brewster Millions a baseball movie?

Is Back to School a diving movie?

Brewsters is definitely not. The baseball game could have just as easily been a chili cook-off event and the movie doesn't change at all.

Back to School is a better comp to Lucas. The climax is the last diving contest, the son's status on the diving team is central to the storyline throughout, but the main plot line is Dangerfield's college experience. Again I agree it is not.

All this to say, you've talked me into agreeing with you. Lucas's relationship with Maggie and his social status overpowers the football story line.

Reactions: Ketchum
@Ketchum - Did the incompletion to Worthy on the 2nd series that was reviewed and ruled incomplete count as a drop by @PFF? (I can’t decipher that chart.)

You thought Evers had a B+ kind of day?
He wasn’t ranked in the top 50 QB’s this week
CFB QB power rankings after Week 1: #10: Drew Allar #9: Quinn Ewers #8: JJ McCarthy #7: Bo Nix #6: Sam Hartman #5: Jordan Travis #4: Drake Maye #3: Michael Penix Jr. #2: Shedeur Sanders #1: Caleb Williams

CDC could have demanded that the game needed to be played at night because of the heat and the safety of the fans being most important.

But kickoff times aren't always determined by a team's record, nor their conference. Coaches and conference execs have no say in whether their team kicks at 11 a.m. or 6:30 p.m. That power lies solely in the hands of TV networks.

CDC can demand all he wants but TV broadcasting plays a significant role in college football scheduling, as networks such as ESPN, ABC, CBS, and FOX pay billions of dollars to broadcast college football games. Networks often have input into scheduling decisions, as they want to broadcast the most appealing games to maximize viewership.

Reactions: Tx Tailgator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT