ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Surprise! Issues exist)

Brewsters is definitely not. The baseball game could have just as easily been a chili cook-off event and the movie doesn't change at all.

Back to School is a better comp to Lucas. The climax is the last diving contest, the son's status on the diving team is central to the storyline throughout, but the main plot line is Dangerfield's college experience. Again I agree it is not.

All this to say, you've talked me into agreeing with you. Lucas's relationship with Maggie and his social status overpowers the football story line.
Kevin Dillon Win GIF

technically, I'm passing efficiency guy.
Ok, since you have proclaimed your throne. Give us the passing efficiency guys weekly and see how that holds up. Usually people like to talk about things they believe in and stand on it. You quoted his 169 to make a point so it must means something to you or you think it should mean something to the reader. Technically.

Ok, since you have proclaimed your throne. Give us the passing efficiency guys weekly and see how that holds up. Usually people like to talk about things they believe in and stand on it. You quoted his 169 to make a point so it must means something to you or you think it should mean something to the reader. Technically.
Charlie Day Ok GIF

Thoughts on Ewers:
1. Casey Thompson and Hudson Card had a better QBR than Ewers. Cam Rising would have too if he had played.

2. All the talk has been how improved Ewers is. But what I saw was the SOS. He was throwing the deep ball off his back foot, scrambling when there was not pressure, not stepping into the pocket when he should have.

3. What I see is a QB that is not improving and as long as he has had to improve his skills. I am wondering if he has the potential to improve quickly or are we going to burn our last season in B12 while he purportedly continues to improve. How much more time do we give him? He didn't impress. Supposedly, Malik isn't ready. But I am not sure. He would have connected on those deep balls. And if we were playing Alabama, they would have intercepted at least 3 of those deep passes because they were all short.

4. Going into the Rice game, I was predicting at least 10-2 and was hopeful for a win against Bama. But what I saw was a QB that continues to play down to the competition. That means we will have losses we should not (like last year) unless there is an immediate and permanent step up NOW. OU impressed. I no longer count that as a win. I no longer count Bama as a possible win. I am not as sure we can get past all the games on our schedule.

Thoughts on Ewers:
1. Casey Thompson and Hudson Card had a better QBR than Ewers. Cam Rising would have too if he had played.

2. All the talk has been how improved Ewers is. But what I saw was the SOS. He was throwing the deep ball off his back foot, scrambling when there was not pressure, not stepping into the pocket when he should have.

3. What I see is a QB that is not improving and as long as he has had to improve his skills. I am wondering if he has the potential to improve quickly or are we going to burn our last season in B12 while he purportedly continues to improve. How much more time do we give him? He didn't impress. Supposedly, Malik isn't ready. But I am not sure. He would have connected on those deep balls. And if we were playing Alabama, they would have intercepted at least 3 of those deep passes because they were all short.

4. Going into the Rice game, I was predicting at least 10-2 and was hopeful for a win against Bama. But what I saw was a QB that continues to play down to the competition. That means we will have losses we should not (like last year) unless there is an immediate and permanent step up NOW. OU impressed. I no longer count that as a win. I no longer count Bama as a possible win. I am not as sure we can get past all the games on our schedule.
Ewers remains a work in progress.

Wait a minute, even you think that CDC and Texas “scheduled” a 2:30 game on purpose, and it wasn’t that they’re bound by contract to play the game when their television partner says they play the game??! Seriously? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. What would you have CDC do, just breach the contract and have an injunction entered against Texas to enforce it? Come on Ketch. Be better and don’t encourage the whiners.
Yep

“Yep” what? Breach the contract? Sound legal advice.

You can make a strong request our of the safety of your fan-base to not play that game when it was. I don't get the sense that happened.

Reactions: t2x
Ewers remains a work in progress.
Ketch, the problem is that he supposedly fixed these things. But he is still throwing off the back foot and scrambling instead of climbing the pocket. He should be doing better if this is going to be his coming out year.

(Sell) Texas doesn't have two legit back-ups. It has two talented back-ups, but I don't believe either are ready to play important roles in the offense.
Can I Sell your Sell? Not saying that the leash in Sark's eyes is short, but I think it's justified if it was. You mentioned in the post-game show that if Quinn doesn't figure out the deep ball then this team isn't winning the Big 12. If true, why would you die a slow death compared to doubling down with a switch (at some point)? Obviously, we don't know if Quinn will figure it out this season, but you would think if it was going to happen it would have by now (or at least seen improvement).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT