ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Surprise! Issues exist)

The interior line play will determine our season. It is so disruptive on offense when the defense can create penetration in the middle of the line. It will also define our ability to be two dimensional on offense, as if we can’t run the ball it places all kinds of pressure on the passing game in short yardage and red zone situations.

Love your sports movie list! Best of Times and Six Pack are personal favorites. Swifty is hilarious: Swifty Scenes from Six Pack
I'd like this post 5 times if I could.

Reactions: Zorlac
How long should it take to improve accuracy deep? footwork and follow through. then when he can consistently hit the target get timing down with wrs. Doesn't the qb coach get paid to make sure Quinn doesn't have glaring holes in his game.?
It's different with every guy. Some guys are great at it naturally.

In the mid 2000's, my Dad won a big award and the ceremony was at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage museum in OKC. Serving as tri-emcees that night were Robert Carradine (think Revenge of the Nerds,) Ernest Borgnine, and William Devane, aka Kelly Leak's dad.

After the ceremony, I said hello to Mr. Borgnine and told him the last 15-20 minutes of The Wild Bunch were among my favorite scenes of all-time, then walked over to William who was talking to some folks and signing some autographs. When there was a lull in the conversation, I told him that my buddies and I were huge late 70's/early 80's movie nerds, and that he had famously uttered one line which we still proudly say to this day.

Devane turned to me, got a big-ass smile on his face, looked me in the eye, and said, "Let them play."

True story.
That's awesome.

There is something intangible about Ewers that just seems off. Maybe it’s skipping his senior year in high school. Maybe it’s chasing money and fame at The OSU. Maybe it was the hair last year. Maybe it’s the Lambo. Maybe it’s having to coach him to be a leader. Maybe it’s having to calm him some at halftime as Sark said in his post-game interview on KVET. Maybe it’s the combination of all of that. Something just doesn’t feel right.

Yup.

Those B/S questions are something. Good to see some of the usual titty babies in midseason form.

I heard a very interesting story from Cole Cubelic on Tommy Brockermeyer and some others that left Bama after the season. Apparently he wasn’t about the culture that Saban wanted to get back to. Said he was soft without directly saying it.
Amazing to even consider that a guy with an NFL father at the same position would have bad intangibles.

No Vision Quest?
What about Fish that saved Pittsburgh?🤷🏻 Maybe I'm not a film buff, lol😉😀

IMHO, in addition to the whipped cream scene, seeing their teacher at the scrip club makes this a poor choice of a “bad” sports movie. I will watch it. Even the smart girl is hot.
why does that make it a poor choice?

#1) I liked Johnny B Good. My intro to Uma.

#2)Yellowstone without the cursing and violence is pointless.

Bottom line, if you don’t have an above average OL, you will never be an elite or top 10 team. Until we solve this riddle, who cares about QE not being able to throw 35+ hitting his receivers in stride.

That being said almost all of long throws force our receivers who beat the defender to literally stop in their tracks to either make an incredible catch or prevent an int.
Texas played in a national title game in 2009 with a bad OL.

exactly GIF
They’re gonna win another championship

Good stuff Ketch. Always a favorite read of mine..

I was at the game and haven't watched the recording yet....yet, how many of those deep balls were clear PI's not called? Also, iirc, most deep balls had defenders coming right up the middle of the interior line and in Ewers face...which typically causes a QB's eyes to move off target downfield and you also tend to float the ball. Again, I need to rewatch...yet this was often the case last year as well. Ewers, or most any QB, simply needs better pass-pro to be effective with the deep ball....and why he shines on short and intermediate passes. Imo, we need to be critical of the interior OL and how that is impacting our passing game, why Sark keeps going there if the OL can hold blocks long enough to provide a clean pocket...and also ask questions as to why we can't get our QB's to roll out some.

Always appreciate your insight. \m/
Two close calls not going in UT;'s way. The balls were still poor, even if called.

When we brought in Sark, I thought he was the 2nd best Offensive mind in the country.
He just hasn’t lived up to that to this point & that’s what I’m most disappointed in.
And no indication that he ever will. I'm seeing very little innovation. Yeah, Rice, I get that. And he and Milwee have had significant time to work with Ewers but his mechanics are still poor. When might we expect to see substantial improvement?
Still no Koolaid at my house.

The coaches in Porkey’s and the basketball scenes and Porkey’s The Next Day are bad but awesome as well.

There is something intangible about Ewers that just seems off. Maybe it’s skipping his senior year in high school. Maybe it’s chasing money and fame at The OSU. Maybe it was the hair last year. Maybe it’s the Lambo. Maybe it’s having to coach him to be a leader. Maybe it’s having to calm him some at halftime as Sark said in his post-game interview on KVET. Maybe it’s the combination of all of that. Something just doesn’t feel right.
He doesnt have “it.” Great quarterbacks have the alpha leadership in addition to great arm and brain. I dont think you can fake it either.

That's more than fair. He just gets too cute when he doesn't need to be.
This is the biggest disappointment of the last two seasons for me. Sark is billed as someone who can create and so far it seems like he rode the USC and AL waves of success instead.

With regards to your Top 10 list, and with all due respect, a movie starring Erin Gray in her early-80s prime simply does not belong in any list that includes “Bad” in the title.

And how does American Anthem get left out? Mitch Gaylord and Janet Jones in a movie about aspiring gymnasts who fall in love while training for the National Meet? Count me “in”!

When we brought in Sark, I thought he was the 2nd best Offensive mind in the country.
He just hasn’t lived up to that to this point & that’s what I’m most disappointed in.
His offense is 39th in yards per game this season (through only one game), which is exactly what he’s averaged over the first two seasons. Not acceptable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT