ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Texas should make the CFP this season...)

Name me the SEC schools that play “smash mouth” football now? That era passed 10 years ago.

You are waaay over concerned about our DTs. Do we need a couple of our young guys to develop and 1-2 portal for depth? Sure, and I expect both to happen. Going into this past season, no one thought Sweat and Murphy would be special…NO ONE. Everyone expected our run defense to be our weakness.

Finally, pay attention to the talent throughout this team coming back or being added. As Ketch basically laid out, it’s the best since the mid 2000s. The SEC is not going to crush us. Sark has prepped very well for this. Could we lose multiple games? Sure, but we will be favorites or a pick’em against every opponent except Georgia. Embrace it! Good times ahead.
I’ve been paying attention, but unlike you, I won’t be the fanboy crying about why things weren’t as good in 2024, or worse, calling for Sark’s hot seat like an idiot.

We are trending in the right direction but the additions won’t materialize overnight so the peak will be the 2025/2026 seasons, not in 2024.

I’ll circle back later around October 2024 with I told you so. I truly hope the 2024 Longhorns prove me wrong and make a historic run like 2023.

I do not see that realistically happening until 2025/2026 unlike the rest of the bandwagon crowd though.

ROGLSee my response to your first post to Ketch.

There’s never a guarantee, ever, but…

You are overreacting to the DT situation. Every other position (except MLB) improves and improves drastically. DTs don’t have to be dominant. Hell, when we needed them the most this past year against ou and Washington, they fizzled. They just need to plug the holes, the edge rushers need to get to the QB more, and the DBs need to make more plays on the ball. I expect all of that to happen.

Michigan will be a shell of their team this year. That and I expect Harbaugh is gone. The Big House isn’t that daunting a place to play.

Ewers and the WRs will click. Plus, the WR talent is gonna be better than this year, incredible as that sounds. But even so, this team is going to dominate in the run game…you do realize we have 7 of our top 8 OL returning, and two 5ish-star RBs returning that both showed that talent by season’s end.

I do expect Quinn to get dinged up, but when he does I’m damn sure Arch will play much better than Maalik did.

Stop overrating the SEC! Yes, Georgia will be tough, but of the remaining 7 conference opponents, 5 are predicted to finish towards the bottom of the conference.

Concerning our rivals, we will pile drive ou and Arky this time. aggy is the one that will be tough.

Bottom line is this…we’ll have the 2nd or 3rd most talented team in the SEC, we have 14 returning starters (19 if you count the portal guys who were starters for their teams last season. No one else will have close to that), a 3rd year returning QB, and will be ranked in the Top 5 to start the season. Saying this team is “overachieving” if it goes 9-3 and makes the CFP next year is naive.

Frankly, whatever our record is, not making the 12 team CFP would be grossly underachieving and a huge step back.
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

4. Another Day in Paradise

The best song about homelessness ever written?
This has some serious competition. It would probably be fourth on my list.

3. On the Turning Away -- Pink Floyd
2. Under Pressure -- Queen and David Bowie
1. Aqualung -- Jethro Tull

Reactions: Standaddy88
Finally, someone agrees...while Val Kilmer was the Greatest Huckleberry of all time, Wyatt Earp was a classic epic of his life while Tombstone was a well acted lot of fun between the Earp and Younger gangs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT