ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Thanks, Malik.)

BUY or SELL: Jason Hall, Dylan Haines and Naaashon Hughes are all replaced by game 2?

(Buy) The smart money is to say that it will be two of the three, but I’ll go ahead and say all three. Even if I’m wrong, it might only be by a game or two.
I sincerely hope Charlie has taken this off-season to evaluate some fairly poor personnel decisions he has made. Jon Gray over Foreman is one obvious example and there are others. When you have an under-performing player, remove them when you have young talent sitting on the sidelines. These guys have collectively failed to play consistently. I don't want to waste ND to make an obvious change. And yes, I think it is obvious that these guys need to find reserve positions.

Charlie has created a lot of his own issues. We all recognize his strengths but his weaknesses as a HC have been on display often. The good news is I think a lot of them are correctable. Time to improve on all levels.

Reactions: tkemmy
Regarding #3, if Gilbert says anything other than "no comment," it will make his career more difficult. The media may not like the answer, but anything else just opens up a can of worms that will be a distraction. His only focus is to turn this offense around.

No. 9 – Where have all the good movies gone?

Has anyone seen a movie this summer outside of Finding Dory that they would actually recommend to another person?

If you’ve got suggestions, I’ll take them because I’ve been a very unhappy movie consumer this year.
The new Jason Bourne movie will be out soon if that's your thing.

I enjoyed Our Kind of Traitor and Central Intelligence, for very different reasons, and I may have been the only person who thought that the Bat/Super/Wonder movie was pretty good, and I thought Ghostbusters was above average. We go to a lot of movies - I found Dory kind of so so, but my granddaughter loved it!

Hook 'em!!!

I heard that was good...not great, but good. Cranston's such a good actor, I'd go see him even in a mediocre movie.
Well I wouldn't use the word "great" for the movie itself, but Cranston has turned into the guy you go to the movies to see maybe more so than the movie itself.

Reactions: Baguette
I'm hopeful for the Magnificent Seven remake in August with Denzel, Chris Pratt, and Ethan Hawke. Should be a fun movie, if not brilliant cinema.

Reactions: MATF
I'm hopeful for the Magnificent Seven remake in August with Denzel, Chris Pratt, and Ethan Hawke. Should be a fun movie, if not brilliant cinema.
August release dates are usually take the dumpster movies by the studios. Worries me.

Most concerning is that this guy has offspring....

10974564_G.jpg

Errrrbody in AL has offspring. This guy just knows where his is. He hopes.

If anyone gives you free tickets to Independence Day 2, you should kick that person in the nuts and burn the tickets.

I'll second the reco on The Night Of series on HBO.

Went to the movies last night, but didn't get there in time to catch Infiltrator so plan B was Ghostbusters, which actually outscored Infiltrators on Rotten Tomatoes (the only movie review system I give credence to.) I have to say I was not looking forward to Ghostbusters even though I'm a fan of the original as well as Kristen Wiig. The previews just made it look stupid. However I really did enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, it ain't Shawshank Redemption. But it was much, much more entertaining that I thought it would be and if you liked the original, I believe you'll like this one.

Lastly, if you aren't watching Another Period on Comedy Central, you're doing yourself a huge disservice. Funniest show on TV since Arrested Development.

If anyone gives you free tickets to Independence Day 2, you should kick that person in the nuts and burn the tickets.

I'll second the reco on The Night Of series on HBO.

Went to the movies last night, but didn't get there in time to catch Infiltrator so plan B was Ghostbusters, which actually outscored Infiltrators on Rotten Tomatoes (the only movie review system I give credence to.) I have to say I was not looking forward to Ghostbusters even though I'm a fan of the original as well as Kristen Wiig. The previews just made it look stupid. However I really did enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, it ain't Shawshank Redemption. But it was much, much more entertaining that I thought it would be and if you liked the original, I believe you'll like this one.

Lastly, if you aren't watching Another Period on Comedy Central, you're doing yourself a huge disservice. Funniest show on TV since Arrested Development.
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I just saw The Lobster last week. Dark, funny, disturbing, ridiculous. Still showing at Violet Crown, I think.

It's a big time change of pace, but worth it. DO NOT GO STONED.
The Lobster was a good movie that could have been a great one if it was 15 minutes shorter, and I'm one of those people that likes long movies. It just dragged too much in the third act.

Reactions: ToadHallGangster
One of the best things about my job is watching kids change their lives through this little game that we all love to obsess over, knowing that years and years of hard work can eventually translate into a life forever changed.

One thing to remember when we all bash a coach for taking questionable recruits or being lenient on some players is, that coaches feel the same way you just described.

Some kids get it and a lot don't. Malik gets it and he seems like a leader on and off the field.

ADVERTISEMENT