ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The case against making the playoff ...)

I am not sure how well Moore knew Brohm before he went to Purdue, but both of them went to the same high school in Louisville, and Brohm's dad or brother was on the coaching staff. So there was a connection there. I imagine he clicked with Brohm when he visited Purdue, because he decommitted from Texas after that visit.

As Ketchum said in the original post, he ended up wanting to stay close to home.
And all of this time I thought that Rondale Moore was from Texas.

@Ketchum nows the week to get both freshman involved. Keep Sam clean. Both Rising and Thompson can run use that to your advantage. Or take Sam out for spurts and run the RPO with heard/Ingram
I don't think we see the freshmen.

You don't think that Jason Garrett will be gone after the end of this season? Hmm..... What if the Cowboys go 9-7 or 8-8 and finish out of the playoffs? You still think Jerry keeps Jason around? That one has me a bit stupefied.
Jerry loves him. He lets Jerry be Jerry, which is what Jerry wants most.

How in the world could we have missed on Rondale Moore to Purdue? ...... of all places!! Even the Purdue QB Blough was a Texas boy, we missed on him too? How did any of that happen? The only thing I can think that could have happened is that Tom Herman must have missed the boat leaving the harbor as soon as he got to Texas.
o_O

It is impossible to measure the success of 17 year old offensive lineman and how they project in college. How many 5 stars have been busts? Tons. I think our coaches have proven they are good at talent evaluation.

Reactions: pasotex
It is impossible to measure the success of 17 year old offensive lineman and how they project in college. How many 5 stars have been busts? Tons. I think our coaches have proven they are good at talent evaluation.
Did you see the list of the top 10 rated offensive linemen from Cosmi's class?

8 of 10 look like future pros.

only slightly IMO if you lose. Winning the Rose Bowl vs. being forgotten as a team that lost in the semis?

W/o looking, who won the '15 & '16 Rose Bowls (non CFP Rose Bowls)?

W/o looking, who won the '15 & '16 Rose Bowls (non CFP Rose Bowls)?
Fair point.

However, in the immediate aftermath, I think there might be slightly more upside.

But, fair point.

Most people don't remember the 2009 Fiesta Bowl, but everyone around here has fond memories of it.

Fair point.

However, in the immediate aftermath, I think there might be slightly more upside.

But, fair point.

Most people don't remember the 2009 Fiesta Bowl, but everyone around here has fond memories of it.

No doubt. But for purposes of this discussion, what WE remember is far less important than what most people remember. At the end of the day, I'd rather our pitch to late '19 guys and '20/'21 guys include a CFP appearance. JMO.

No doubt. But for purposes of this discussion, what WE remember is far less important than what most people remember. At the end of the day, I'd rather our pitch to late '19 guys and '20/'21 guys include a CFP appearance. JMO.
I think we're splitting hairs on a fairly trivial and insignificant difference between the two situations as it relates to how it impacts recruiting.

It probably comes down to how you prefer a season to end, on a sour note or a really high note (with a bad after taste)

You were using Total D as the metric to prove that aggy was better. Turns out West Virginia has a better total D.

It seems year in, year out, you get fooled by the aggroids early success when they've played mostly cream puffs.

Yeah - creampuffs like Alabama and Clemson!

I agree with others that say take the chance at a Bama upset in the playoffs.

That wasn’t one of the options in the poll though.

The option was a thirty point loss to end the season or a big win in a big bowl game that was outside of the playoffs.

Maybe if the poll option was given with a 3-5% chance to beat Bama and the other 95-97% odds on losing by thirty in the playoff, the results would’ve been different.

If the option is 100% 30 point loss to end the year in the playoffs or 100% win a big bowl game not in the playoffs. Who wants to end the year with a thirty point loss?

The 2005 Michigan Rose Bowl win was amazing even if it wasn’t for the MNC. I’d take another like that and call it a great season.

List or it didn't happen.

1. Emmer & Rye
4. Olamaie
5. Barley Swine
9. Juniper
10. Odd Duck
12. Franklin BBQ
14. Foreign & Domestic
21. Uchiko
23. Parkside
28. Wink
32. Salt & Time
42. Fabi & Rosi
45. Elizabeth Street
47. Contigo

I stand corrected, it was only 14. Granted, they are some of the oldest restaurants on the list, but at least I have been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT