ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The definitive college coordinator candidate rankings...)

I took that course in the 90's and it counted as upper-division credit!!! One of my buddies was his TA--he told me that Coker couldn't get approval for half the stuff he wanted to do in that class.
That does not surprise me.

Reactions: UT4VIDA
The NFL is weird and you can be a good coach who has an off year. If Kyle Shanahan ever even gets “put on the hot seat”, CDC should be calling his agent and making space for him at the 40. Doubt it happens, but he’s a guy that could be phenomenal at UT.
He's going to be an NFL lifer. It's where he feels he was destined to be.

Shocking that our resident SJW would link the twitter profile of his old, senile anti-Trumper professor. I don’t remember him ever linking a non sports Twitter profile before. He’s turning into Keith Olberman right before our very eyes. I know, I know purely coincidence.
tenor.gif

Jimbo at A&M has been a bigger disappointment than Herman at Texas

(Buy) Tom does have a Sugar Bowl win. All Jimbo has is moral victories against highly-ranked teams.

I strongly disagree. My expectation of (and hope for) Jimbo was to underperform, and he has not disappointed. Herman on the other hand definitely disappointed me.
fair enough

Why the need to post his twitter profile? I’ve never seen him do it before. Find something non political in the old man’s timeline.
Because I would have never guessed he was on Twitter. I didn't even look at his Twitter page content. Still haven't. On my way to doing so now.

Reactions: drunk randoke
Its amazing how both in Pros and College when looking to hire Coaches the decision makers go after the flavor of the day instead of going after consistent proven winners that are always in the playoffs, multiple super bowl wins or constantly in the College Football Playoffs, top 10 year in year out. These Coaches Mentally is all about winning and what it takes to win along with learning from the best structured organizations in the business IE New England, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Baltimore, Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St.and it suxs to say this Blow U.

Ketch I totally agree with you on your rankings If we can't get their Coordinators We need to go after their assistants not only do we get people with winning mentality but you also cripple their structure.

Reactions: RBJudge
That's a tough one to answer. He hasn't been a coordinator in a decade and his offensive results as a head coach were up and down.

Probably an 8.5... I guess.
Rich Rod was the OC at Ole Miss this past season. Doesn’t look like Kiffin will retain him.

@Ketchum
@Rusty Screwdriver
@shenandoah-tex

What's cracking, fellow Pseudoscience alumni? I took that course in 2000. I remember how it started. Prof Coker came in, laid down on a bed of nails, put a cinder block on his chest, and had a grad student come over and smash the cinder block with a sledge hammer. He got up, looked at us all, and said, "Welcome to Pseudoscience."

I remember more specific details from that course, including assignments and lessons taught than any course I ever took at any level. He taught us how to tell Loch Ness Monster photos were fake, how to do cold and hot psychic readings, explained by fire walkers weren't magical, had us make the aforementioned fake UFO photos, and also develop our own pseudoscience. I remember talking about why Bigfoot was BS, why Uri Geller was a conman, and watching some buddy of his come in and swallow fire.

I loved that class. Prof Coker taught critical thinking in the most entertaining, intriguing way.

I graduated in 1998, so I was slightly ahead of you. The two projects that I remember a lot (other than some of those already mentioned) were having to write our own alien abduction stories and then having to make a list of our own Nostradamus-esque predictions.

Not part of the class assignment was the stripper that I started dating in that class that used to love to feel me up every time the lights went out. Greatest class of my life!

Reactions: catfishpunter
I graduated in 1998, so I was slightly ahead of you. The two projects that I remember a lot (other than some of those already mentioned) were having to write our own alien abduction stories and then having to make a list of our own Nostradamus-esque predictions.

Not part of the class assignment was the stripper that I started dating in that class that used to love to feel me up every time the lights went out. Greatest class of my life!
Was he still doing the tennis ball trick in 1998?

... J.K. Dobbins should be a finalist for the Heisman. Against the best teams on the Ohio State schedule, he was an absolute monster.

I said a few weeks ago that when you consider the totality of his season including his team's play, he's probably having one of the greatest unsung seasons of all-time. Over 1800 yds w/20 TDs for an unbeaten 2nd-ranked tOSU and is virtually going unnoticed in terms of Heisman talk?

While beating A&M (No. 294 RPI coming into the game) won't do much to help UT's NCAA Tournament bid, the 8-1 record that the Longhorns own will put them in really good shape at an NCAA Tournament bid once the RPI starts top climb in conference play.

With the wretched OOC slate we've played, probably the worst I can remember, it's been more about avoiding bad losses than piling up big Ws. If the team TCB the rest of the OOC slate then 8-10 in Big 12 play gets it in the tourney.

FWIW, Saban replaced Applewhite (with McElwain) and Kevin Steele (with Kirby Smart) after his first season at Alabama and went on to win several championships. Dabo replaced both his coordinators (hired Chad Morris and Brent Venables) before winning a championship too.
He's well aware of this fact. He was harping on the same thing last week & I brought to his attention that Saban fired Applewhite & demoted Steele after his first season, then went on to win a Championship a few years later. I guess he's taking the CNN/MSNBC/Fox route..........tell a lie enough times and hope people will believe it.

Shocking that our resident SJW would link the twitter profile of his old, senile anti-Trumper professor. I don’t remember him ever linking a non sports Twitter profile before. He’s turning into Keith Olberman right before our very eyes. I know, I know purely coincidence.

Is being called a SJW a bad thing? I hope to be half the SJW that MLK and others were...

They weren’t fired in the same year.
Saban fired Applewhite after the 2007 season. At the same time, he demoted Steele and took away his defensive play-calling, replacing him with Smart.

Herman fired Orlando after the 2019 season. At the same time, he demoted Beck and took away his offensive play-calling, replacing him with [TBD].

Saban & Herman did the exact same thing, literally to a T. Stop saying otherwise.

... Kyle Shanahan is some kind of football coach and the 49ers are one hell of a team. That 49ers/Saints game was probably the best football game I've seen all season, college or pro.
I turned it on with around 6 minutes left and the 49'ers up and driving...what an absolute perfect time to tune in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT